Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:55 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Thougt it was Aliens but guess not « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thougt it was Aliens but guess not  (Read 8449 times)
mklein5409
New Visitor

« on: February 07, 2009, 12:05:35 AM »

This was a movie from the 80's that was a lot like Alien movies.  It had a special forces group that was being wiped out by an alien and remember that they set up some huge machine guns that shot by radar or in-fared or something.  The one gun was down to only a few shells left b4 it stopped the things from advancing.  Always thought it was Aliens. Now I know its not.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thats all i remember. Thanks
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:29:50 AM »

Uh..... no, that was Aliens.

The marines set up motion sensored machine gun turrets in several tunnels. The last gun nearly runs out of ammo before the xenomorphs end their attack, and engage in a sneak attack through the ceiling.

I wouldn't be surprised if another movie ripped this scene off as Alien (and Aliens) had its fair share of imitators.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
mklein5409
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 02:30:17 AM »

Thanks. Will watch it again tomorrow. Thumbup TongueOut
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 02:59:10 AM »

Uh..... no, that was Aliens.

The marines set up motion sensored machine gun turrets in several tunnels. The last gun nearly runs out of ammo before the xenomorphs end their attack, and engage in a sneak attack through the ceiling.

I wouldn't be surprised if another movie ripped this scene off as Alien (and Aliens) had its fair share of imitators.

While you are of course entirely correct, you left out that the scene where the aliens are held off by the guns was cut from the theatrical release.  (I don't remember if them setting up the guns and testing them was in the theatrical release, but I do know that before setting them up Hicks lists them amongst their assets.)

That scene is available on the DVD version, although I don't remember if it's been reinserted into the movie (i.e. a Director's cut) or is an extra (deleted scene).  This may be why the OP thought Aliens was not the correct movie, if he only rewatched the theatrical release.

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »

If you get the three-hour version, the scenes with the robot sentries are inserted into the movie.  If you get the theatrical, they're just in the special features>>>deleted scenes.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 11:59:25 AM »

Ah! It's been so long since I've seen the theatrical cut as I prefer, and usually pop in the director's cut. Thanks for clearing that up guys; I think this mystery has been solved!

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 10:02:46 AM »

Another movie that is like this is "Congo".  But the movie in question is Aliens.  I remember watching it on an extended version.  To bad the Marines did not have enough ammo to wipe out all of the Aliens.

Later.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »

O.P. Jordan accepted that ALIENS was correct two posts up and asked for this one to be moved to Solved. Please + thanks!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Thougt it was Aliens but guess not « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.