Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:52:04 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What else do you do? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: What else do you do?  (Read 15104 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 07:05:51 PM »

I'm big into organic gardening come spring time and summer. 

I've always enjoyed going fishing ever since I could hold a fishing pole. 

Along the lines of my review site which borders on the movie hobby, I love writing. 

I read occasionally.  Mostly stuff on movies, comics and different magazines.  I'm a sucker for a library.

I enjoy going for walks in quiet areas. 

I also enjoy spending time with my son. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 07:19:14 PM »

Music, drinking, music, drinking.....err.....err....music and more drinking.  Drink

Are we related,perchance?  TongueOut

Actually....I'm a collector. I collect old bottles,old magazines,books,some old toys.
I draw.
I used to LOVE to fish... but haven't in years...I think I gotta get back in the groove of fishing....
Usta hunt too. Just gave up on that. Tired of killing critters. Fish ain't critters. Fish is fish. Still own a 12 gauge,though. I LOVE to shoot!
I read...ALOT. I LOVE to read. I read EVERYTHING. If it's within my reach and has words printed on it...I'll read it. Weird thing is...I'm still a lousy speller and writer!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »

* Fantasy and sim sports games - I play CDM fantasy baseball and football online.  I also play baseball, hockey, basketball, and football sims online (the website is What if Sports).  These games use players from essentially every year in sports history . . . you build teams and the computer develops a full-season schedule pitting your team against other teams.  The program uses player stats and ratings to determine game outcomes.  Nothing like building a baseball team that has Babe Ruth in the outfield, George Brett at third base, and Sandy Koufax on the mound.

How about you?

Following sports (football and basketball) takes up a huge chunk of my time.  I actually somewhat look forward to summer, since I don't follow baseball.  It seems like I suddenly have a lot of extra time on my hands to try out new things.

I've actually thought about trying that What If games before, but I'm afraid it would take up too much of my limited time.  I know Fantasy Footaball does, in season, because I obsess over statistics, analysis and strategies.  How time consuming is it, Burgo? 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »

Actually....I'm a collector. I collect old bottles,old magazines,books,some old toys
I forgot to add that into mine.  I collect a lot of movie memorbilla when money and space allow. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »

When not at work, watching movies, playing video games, or on the PC, I play the drums, and take the opportunity to jam out with other musicians as often as possible. Beer + Music + friends = Good Times! Smile

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »

I collect a lot of stuff and go to a lot of auctions. Main collections are coins, paper money, stamps and a lot of stuff the the 1920's and 1930's (Art Deco)
I work most of time when not working I have a variety of leisure time hobbies that change from month to month. From fishing and hurting to reading and model building to photography to just riding around on the Harley.
I grill, BBQ and smoke a lot of food. Nothing better than setting around the pit (big smoker) drinking beer and shooting the sh!t with friends to the wee hours of the night since smoking can take 12-18 hours.
I occasionally referee the local Roller Derby team too and do a lot of events.

Since I live on a farm I do all the farm things, gardens, crops, animals, tractors, etc.

Oh and I watch bad movies too and some might say I'm a tiny bit political.
Yes I'm very eclectic. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 09:59:26 PM »

I collect a lot of stuff and go to a lot of auctions. Main collections are coins, paper money, stamps and a lot of stuff the the 1920's and 1930's (Art Deco)
I work most of time when not working I have a variety of leisure time hobbies that change from month to month. From fishing and hurting to reading and model building to photography to just riding around on the Harley.
I grill, BBQ and smoke a lot of food. Nothing better than setting around the pit (big smoker) drinking beer and shooting the sh!t with friends to the wee hours of the night since smoking can take 12-18 hours.
I occasionally referee the local Roller Derby team too and do a lot of events.

Since I live on a farm I do all the farm things, gardens, crops, animals, tractors, etc.

Oh and I watch bad movies too and some might say I'm a tiny bit political.
Yes I'm very eclectic. 
yessir.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 10:39:15 PM »

My main passion is being out in the desert. My wife and I spend a lot of time out in the brush Jeeping hiking, or on dirt bikes, exploring ghost towns, old homesteads, mines, and basically just enjoying the beauty. We usually take a couple of our dogs with us, as they are a good alarm system. We also do a lot of shooting, so I also spend a lot of evenings reloading for that hobby. In June, we have a 4 day off-roading trip through 3 states going along the north rim of the Grand Canyon, all without touching pavement (The Hills Have Eyes!). I also have a FOIA request in to the Air Force about a downed jet that I've been looking for for about 6 years. It should be in in the next month or so, so I'll be planning that little expedition soon.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 11:09:47 PM »

I go to Punk/Hardcore concerts and volunteer at a community which I do Punk/HC shows and do the zine library. Love music try to listen to a lot of stuff. I read mostly Military History/Manuals, Magazines that keep me up to date on what happening in Punk (MRR, Profane Existence) or horror (Fangoria) and stuff that tires to reveal truths Like Peoples History of the United States or BlackWater.

I used to play lots of video games on console systems,RPGs most of the time, but it became to expensive with the new systems and games to I had to cut it out. Sam thing with comics.

I collected Statues/Busts of comic charaters, Marvel and DC most of the time, but again to much cash and takes up to much room.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 07:05:15 AM »

* Fantasy and sim sports games - I play CDM fantasy baseball and football online.  I also play baseball, hockey, basketball, and football sims online (the website is What if Sports).  These games use players from essentially every year in sports history . . . you build teams and the computer develops a full-season schedule pitting your team against other teams.  The program uses player stats and ratings to determine game outcomes.  Nothing like building a baseball team that has Babe Ruth in the outfield, George Brett at third base, and Sandy Koufax on the mound.

How about you?

Following sports (football and basketball) takes up a huge chunk of my time.  I actually somewhat look forward to summer, since I don't follow baseball.  It seems like I suddenly have a lot of extra time on my hands to try out new things.

I've actually thought about trying that What If games before, but I'm afraid it would take up too much of my limited time.  I know Fantasy Footaball does, in season, because I obsess over statistics, analysis and strategies.  How time consuming is it, Burgo? 

It depends on which of the What if? games you play . . . and how many active teams you have.

Football probably has the most time-consuming initial set-up time because you need to set your offensive and defensive formations and tendencies for various downs and yardage situations.  But once the season is underway, you may only make minor adjustments.

Baseball can also be slightly time consuming depending on how often you tweak your pitching rotation or your batting order.

Hockey and basketball probably take the least amount of time.

I usually have anywhere from 3 to 20 teams active at any time (mostly baseball, with a smattering of football, hockey, and basketball).  I'd say I spend an average of 1 - 2 hours per day reviewing the box scores and tinkering with my teams.  If you played only 1 team at a time, you could do everything in just a few minutes.

They also have a series of "Dynasty" games.  I played baseball once and it was way too time consuming.  It uses fictitious players and you need to develop teams starting in the minor leagues (and I'm talking about 4 or 5 levels of minor league teams) all the way up to the major leagues.  You need to do a lot of coaching, bringing guys up from the minors, trading guys, putting guys on waivers . . . could be an hour or two per day for a single team.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:15:10 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 07:30:04 AM »

That sounds nice, Cheeze. Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Javakoala
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »

I read dreadful horror and 60s-70s era gothic romances.

I am part of the local SCA. (Nerds beating each other with rattan sticks. Who would have thunk it?)

And I have no car, so I walk and ride my bike everywhere, except when I ride the bus, which is frightening enough to make me walk and ride my bike more.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »

I am part of the local SCA. (Nerds beating each other with rattan sticks. Who would have thunk it?)

A Medieval Day at a local museum featured a couple of presentations by SCA people, including one on how to make your own chain mail (I forget what the material was, either paper clips or heavy gauge electrical wire I suppose).

I walked out of that realizing that my geekiness definitely has limits.

I believe the SCA featured prominently in at least a couple of fantasy books: Marion Zimmer Bradley's "House between the Worlds" and another one I can't recall that featured an SCA tournament gone badly wrong when real sword play and magic use crept in.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 04:27:17 PM »

These days, cope.   I just don't have much time in life for much. 
Outside of family,  I do exercise when I can, I'm trying to get my Patent Agent liscence (by 2010 I HOPE), Anna and I like to work on the house and garden.  I read...light fiction mainly, and like PC gaming.  I'm currently indulging my inner nerd, long suppressed and catching up on comics.
I like a trip to the coast once in a while. And we like to flat-water kayaking in the summer. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Javakoala
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 05:34:04 PM »

A Medieval Day at a local museum featured a couple of presentations by SCA people, including one on how to make your own chain mail (I forget what the material was, either paper clips or heavy gauge electrical wire I suppose).

I walked out of that realizing that my geekiness definitely has limits.

I believe the SCA featured prominently in at least a couple of fantasy books: Marion Zimmer Bradley's "House between the Worlds" and another one I can't recall that featured an SCA tournament gone badly wrong when real sword play and magic use crept in.

I'm not into the Art and Sciences part, but there is something primal about putting on armor and doing your best to clonk someone with a stick. I was hooked. And my girlfriend makes a pleasant fuss about the bruises and cuts I end up with, although one has left what seems to be a permanent tender spot on my flank.

And, just to put this out in the world, I have a deep, deep dislike of Ms. Bradley. Her writing is fine, but I shall avoid her work on principle. We had personal issues over writing once, and she was a tad rude.  Maybe if I had been in SCA at the time....   BounceGiggle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What else do you do? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.