Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:18:21 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Strangers (What would you do?) « previous next »
Poll
Question: Would you give the two guys a ride?
I'd help them out - 1 (6.3%)
No way! - 15 (93.8%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two Strangers (What would you do?)  (Read 4395 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 01, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »

I'd been meaning to write about this for over a month but forgot.
Here's what happened...

One morning I had gotten up late on a Monday morning and was in a hurry to get to class.
Getting to class on Mondays is a nightmare.  Mainly because my first class is at 9am and it seems like every student in the whole dang college is trying to get there at the same time.
The traffic just to get in the campus is insane.  Once you've beaten that, you have to try and find a parking space.  I gave up long ago on trying to find a decent spot and eventually just took what I could find, no matter how far away from the building it might be.  Finding a spot involves driving up and down countless rows of cars for what seems like an eternity.  Oh, and getting into a fender bender in the parking lots there is a real possibility because most of the kids there drive like maniacs.

Anyway, I was already running late and was outside scraping the ice off my car windows when these two guys I'd never seen before approached me.
They didn't look very nice.  They looked and dressed like criminals and had a shady look about them.  One guy was older (in his late 40's) and the other was much younger. (in his early to mid 20's)
The older guy walked up to me while the younger one stood back.  They wanted to know if I would give them a ride over to Wal-Mart because they had to meet the older guy's sister in ten minutes.
Right then, my suspicions were aroused because Wal-Mart is a five minute walk away from my apartment.
Yes, it was freezing outside, but Wal-Mart is very close.  Why would thay ask me that?
Thoughts of them putting a knife to my throat or a gun to my head and telling me to get the f**k out of my car entered my mind.  Yeah, I worried about them carjacking or robbing me.
It wouldn't have been so suspicious if they wanted to go to a place further away.
But asking for a ride to a place they could walk to in five minutes?
I don't think so!

I told them no and that I was already running late.  When I did, they both got this angry look on their faces, like they couldn't believe that I had just said no to them.  I gave them a look right back that said, "Get lost a$$holes!"  And I was holding one of those heavy long ice scrapers with sharp edges.
Then I got into my car and took off.
As I was driving out of the lot, I saw them approach one of my neighbors to ask him for a ride.  I never did ask him if he gave them a ride or not.
They may not have had criminal intentions, but I didn't want to find out either way.

What would you do in a situation like that?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:28:52 PM by Ash » Logged
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »

I would have said no, but I dont trust anyone.

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »

The first question that comes to mind is: how populated is the area between you and walmart? If it's wooded or such, the chance that they were going to rob you are better, and that is where they were looking to get you. That said, it's doubtful they would have gone on to try and rob someone else after you seeing their faces. If they were dumb enough for that, they would be dumb enough to just plainly abduct you there. But, who knows.

In my experience, there is this retarded attitude of entitlement among people that have less that others. Just look at crap like that movie "New Jersey Drive", about how they say that people with nice cars don't deserve them. When I worked at a shipyard, I had several people tell me I was "lucky" to have a car, as if all the effort I put into getting and keeping a job, making payments, paying insurance and upkeep, keeping my license from getting suspended and such were mere accidents. Some of these idiots spend every dime they had on booze and weed, but if you had a car, you OWED them a ride. The whole Emo/Goth BS is out of hand, I see these kids in Anchorage and they're just so F-ing sad and lonely, but they LOOK like scum, they just do not look like someone you should turn your back on, BUT, they act as if they are unwilling outcasts, like they're p**sed the whole world doesn't come running up and give them a hug just for being there. If you want someone to give you a HUG, start by taking a SHOWER. They're not outcasts, they're just IGNORED.

Anyways, many people are amazingly misguided these days. I have SO many people that I interview for a job that only talk about what I can do for THEM. Then, when I fire them for either not doing anything/not being ABLE to do anything, or getting into trouble outside the shop, their entire defense is how much they owe for child support, or how they send money home to their family, never once addressing the actual job.

Anyways, , , back to something somewhere in the ballpark of the subject, Personally I wouldn't have trusted them either, but chances are they were just a***ole kids that think the world owes them a favor.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 08:48:29 PM »

No way in hell I'd have given them a ride.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:13:51 AM »

No way.  The last time I was a nice guy and gave somebody a ride, it turned out he was quite drunk and spent the whole 5 minutes telling me some very dramatic story about something he had done earlier in the day.  Then he invited me up to his apartment for some drinks.  I was just glad to get him out of my car.  A real Twilight Zone episode.  Now if anyone were to ask, I'd be extremely late for something and headed in the opposite direction anyway.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »

These days never give a ride to a stranger no matter how they look. Too many people are in desperate times and will do desperate things. Your tale sounds like a car jacking set up that failed to work on you. While I doubt they would of killed you, odds are you would of been out of a car and the contents of you wallet along with anything they considered vaulable. So telling them no was the right call.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 12:58:30 PM »

I don't think I'd have given them a ride either - they were acting far too suspiciously, and you didn't know them so had no way of establishing if they were trustworthy or not.

I wouldn't give any stranger a ride, but then, there are loads of people I do know that I wouldn't have in my car.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »

No matter what, the first order of business: Kick 'em in the taco. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 04:03:10 PM »

I voted no, as I really struggle to trust anybody these days....

....Just put the pedal to the metal!  TongueOut

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »

Seems I'm the only nice person here. I have truck, you want to ride get in the back, you try something stupid I can make you ride very unpleasant.

akiratubo

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »

Actually, what I would do is completely freak out until my significant other got back from an errand.  Then we would hide from the strangers in the closet while trying to figure out how to load a shotgun.  When our friend came over to see us, we'd shoot him thinking he was one of the strangers.  Then, for no particular reason, my significant other and I would keep splitting up so that it would be easier for the strangers to capture us.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »

Solid plan Akiratubo, solid plan. . . Thumbup

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 08:55:20 AM »

Never give rides to strangers.  Ever.  This is how people end up on the 6:00 news.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Two Strangers (What would you do?) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.