Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:31:09 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  "Asian and white guy kick ass" movie... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Asian and white guy kick ass" movie...  (Read 6579 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 05, 2009, 03:11:57 PM »

Okay, so I saw part of this on HBO not too long ago.  Basically it's two guys (long time friends, I'm assuming) one's Asian, the other's white.  White guy has a son (uh.. shoot, can't recall the name).  Anyway, one night son is supposed to be babysat but he (feeling he's a man, since he's 12) says he doesn't need a babysitter, so dad agrees, but says he'll have to stay with his uncle tonight.  Uncle (some actor, looks Italian, can't place him) comes over and says he can't go bowling tonight, something's come up.  Kid begs and the guy takes him to this dance club where, in the back, they hold illegal pit fighting tournaments. 

I left for a bit, then when I came back to the TV, Uncle had been killed in the fight, kid gets away, tells his dad about what happened, guys show up at the club, get threatened, mafia (or whatever) dude who runs the place sends armed hitmen to their house to kill them, they defeat said hitmen, then retreat to the Asian guys "family" farm.  (I put family in quotes because, if I'm not mistaken, the family is Native American.)

Drunk brother (who's had a run in with the muscle guy who killed Uncle) eventually helps the two, teaching Asian guy who use a bo in a fight.  Bad guy eventually show back, and, being evil, they blow up the farm, kill brother in a shootout and take everyone away via helicopter. 

Anyway, climax comes down between Asian guy and Evil Muscled Dude.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Can't help but think I've seen these two somewhere else, wonder if maybe the movie is a part of a series (or if perhaps the actors have just starred in so many b-rated action figures they've blurring together...)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 03:58:01 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
The Protagonist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 01:51:01 PM »

That's Best Of The Best 2.

Asian guy is Phillip Rhee, a brilliant martial artist who wasn't ever in anything else except the best of the best films. The first one is absolutely phenomenal, the third one is good too, but the fourth and second ones are not very good inn  my opinion.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  "Asian and white guy kick ass" movie... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.