Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:45:46 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Caught a glimpse on TV years ago « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Caught a glimpse on TV years ago  (Read 4284 times)
Jaer
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 06, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »

Like 20 years ago.

No clue what made me sudenly remember seeing this scene, but now it's back in my head.  I think I saw this on TV when I was a kid, or it was on a VHS I wasn't cleared to watch.

It was a sci-fi movie.  Pretty sure their were soldiers in armor with helmets weilding haldard like weapons.  They captured a couple young ladies (2 or 3 of them) who are wearing a two-piece outfits, bare midrifts if I recall correctly.  They are holding these ladies in front of their leader, who I recall being a very pale, possibly blad or thinly gray-haired man in black.  I have the impression of him being a part of a wall or computer or something, like from the waist down, he was cyborg, so the black might have been whatever he was encased in.

The old guy says to his soldiers "Remove their clothing."  (I know - I sound pervy wanting to see this movie now, but it's been a repeating mystery for me for 20+ years!)  The soldier slowly removes the top piece from the first girl; I think it was just a wrap that was velcroed or something from the way he peeled it off.  He does the same to the bottom, which, leaving her in underwear I guess (I don't recall there being nudity).  All the while, you can year the young lady panting, like she's really scared, and the old man creepily uttering "....yes...yes..."

That was when I either needed to change the channel or fast forward or something; I was very disappointed at the time that I was denied seeing what was going to happen next.  I someone got to view another scene later (either flipped channels back when no one was in the room or we were fast forwarding through one movie to see what else was oin the tape...).

The other scene was of the "hero" (guessing from the common elements in a sci fi movie) prowling through the bowels of spaceshift.  He is suddenly attacked by a creature that would pretty much look like someone in a pale-white fat-suit.  Almost like a giant, humanoid leech creature.  I think the man was first attacked by one but soon had a few of them after him.  in thinking about it, I have the impression of things hanging from the ceiling looking like hanging meat on chains...they might have been larva sacks or something the creatures were erupting from.

I might have completely distorted these memories in my mind, and truely, I'm not sure the two scenes I remember are even related, but this is what I remember of this movie.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »

The first film sounds like "Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone".

Did the bad guy look like this? 

Andrew has reviewed it here on this site:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/spacehunter/

No clue what the second movie is.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 05:05:19 PM by Ash » Logged
Jaer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:30:42 PM »

Sad that after years of reading and rereading this site, that picture would not have registered the scene in my head.  I can see why the description didn't, though.  I'll have to check that out.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »

There were several scenes from Spacehunter on Youtube, including the one you described, but they've all been taken down due to terms of use violations.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 12:14:35 AM »

The description made me think of the movie "She" from 1985.  Here's a reader review:

http://www.badmovies.org/othermovies/she/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »

Every scene you described is straight out of SPACEHUNTER.
Jaer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 08:03:02 AM »

Indeed, every scene I discribed was out of spacehunter.  I just watched it last night, and it was exactly the movie I was thinking of.  I must have seen a little more of it when I was younger, cause when the girl in it says (of the captured women) "Their clothes are alright, but they ain't so hot," I had the immediate remembrance of the thought "but why are they still clothed if the bald dude had them stripped?"

But other than that, the rest of the movie was unfamiliar.  Thanks for helping me find this one!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Caught a glimpse on TV years ago « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.