Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:43:14 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favourite Star Trek Film ? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which is it ?
The Motion Picture - 1 (3.4%)
The Wrath of Khan - 20 (69%)
The Search For Spock - 0 (0%)
The Voyage Home - 0 (0%)
The Final Frontier - 0 (0%)
The Undiscovered Country - 3 (10.3%)
Generations - 0 (0%)
First Contact - 5 (17.2%)
Inssurection - 0 (0%)
Nemesis - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Favourite Star Trek Film ?  (Read 12418 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 02:27:59 PM »

You know, maybe the problem with #3 is that there is a good deal of tragedy in the plot, but it never gets the chance to extent its wings.

I mean, what we're talking here is the story of a man who gives away his career, his family and his ship just for a chance to have his friend back... and in the end he barely can recognise him. But Leonard Nimoy's direction, although it keeps the film in a darker tone than others in the series (just compare it to the next two entries), seems to be pulling its punches. Even that terrific shot of the Enterprise burning through the atmosphere of Genesis is too short. A few more seconds and it would have been genuinely heartbreaking.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 04:05:16 PM »

I liked 3, but it works best when the whole story arc of 2,3,4 is watched together in one sitting. Aside from the events flowing from one movie to the next, the three of them together give you a good cross-section of Star Trek. You go from action/adventure to something dark and tragic to pure cheeky fun.

Favourite parts of The Search for Spock: The destruction of the Enterprise, John Larroquette as a Klingon, and a huge hunk of the plot ripped off from Star Blazers of all places.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
pinkandbluefilms
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2009, 06:22:47 PM »

2. 6, AND 1 (in that order, haven't seen TNG movies) because the characters were actually allowed to evolve within the story. The middle three films seem plagued with a kind of comfortable, conservative type of story telling that , essentially, allowed the actors to run the asylum. Too bad, because the Star Trek should have surpassed Star Wars.

Most enjoy a Trek film even if they don't like the programme.

I think I know who's gonna get most votes. Smile

[trevor rolls up sleeves for work] TeddyR

Star Trek The Motion Picture:
I saw this when I was 12 and I enjoyed it very much. The visuals made me go wow then and now. I have never seen the Director's Cut, btw.

Star Trek 11 The Wrath of Khan
Great film, I cried like a baby at the end.

Star Trek 111 ~ The Search For Spock
"Jim.....your name is Jim....." ~ I got goosebumps when Leonard Nimoy said that line. Great film too ~ I was always wondering what Dame Judith Anderson was doing in this and I asked my Dad if it was the same actress who played Mrs Danvers in Hitchcock's "Rebecca": he said it was, so  Thumbup to Dame Judith.

Star Trek IV ~ The Voyage Home
Loved it ~ I cried in the cinema when the whales are released and the crew go beserk, jumping into the water.

Star Trek V ~ The Final Frontier
I loved the start with the laughing Vulcan ~ that got me good. But those kak visual effects.............  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Star Trek V1 ~ The Undiscovered Country
Great film ~ that mind-rape scene made me go  Buggedout though.

Star Trek: Generations
 Bluesad

Star Trek: First Contact
The Queen of the Borg played by South African actress Alice Krige ~ her home language gave birth to the TREK part of Star Trek.  Smile

Star Trek: Insurrection
Yawwwwnnnn......"Lost Horizon" anyone?

Star Trek Nemesis
Great beginning, Marina Sirtis in a negligee, great visuals, villain trying to out-Khan Khan Singh, Marina Sirtis in a negligee, two Datas, imagining the entire male crew naked  Buggedout and, if I didn't mention it before, Marina Sirtis in a negligee.  :cheers

The new Star Trek film: I am awaiting this release. I hope it will be good, now that Rick Berman has had his butt kicked off the lot.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Favourite Star Trek Film ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.