Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:12 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  2012 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012  (Read 3214 times)
Susan
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »

ONe complaint i've always had about the "End of the world" genre is the world never ends. How much of a climactic killer was a movie called "Armageddon" where there was no freakin armageddon!

And in away i'd like to see something more original than a movie that builds up to the ending of civilization only to leave us with a glimmer of hope (like "Day after tomorrow where mexico saves our ass).  I would have found a movie that started with the cataclysmic ending more interesting so i could follow how the world copes with the sudden climate changes and mass evacuations and how the new ice age impacts societies worldwide. Which country suddenly becomes the leader

Anyhow, I'm crossing my fingers for "2012" to be a good old fashioned "run for your life because your toast" movie. I want doomsday. What puts me off is the IMDB description of how they're trying to thwart the apocalypse. C'mon man, just roll with it..lol

Cast:
John cusack
Thandie Newton
woody harrelson
danny glover

Personally i'd like to see one with both morgan freeman AND anthony hopkins. not starring necessarily but ...ok i digress

Small | Large
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:01:40 AM »

I kind of agree about the End of the World movies.  I think that some of the EOW movies should have the End of the World happening. I saw part of 2012 and did not like it.  The affects were cool though. The water coming over the mountains in the trailer was awesome.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:12:03 AM »

"Run for your life because you're toast" is pretty much the whole movie. Some of the ideas were okay, but it's about as scientifically solid as The Core.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »

I found it more entertaining than Avatar.

3/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  2012 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.