Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:09:33 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Author Topic: VHS tapes that will never be on DVD...  (Read 105767 times)
Criswel
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 09:11:19 AM »

it seems to me godzilla 1985 godzilla vs biolante and godzilla vs megalon. will never get region 1 dvd releases
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »

it seems to me godzilla 1985 godzilla vs biolante and godzilla vs megalon. will never get region 1 dvd releases

For Godzilla vs Megalon on a Region 1 DVD go here.
http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Monster-Megalon-Double-Feature/dp/B001FR7IKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236697850&sr=1-1

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 07:27:36 PM »

The Great Scout & Cathouse Thursday. . . . Kinda bums me out. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Javakoala
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »

It seems that if the copyright on these things have gone belly-up, any company could release them and sell them dirt cheap. All it would take would be some searching through copyright records.

http://www.copyright.gov/records/cohm.html

Mill Creek could go BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »

"Moontrap" seems to be lost in some sort of rights issue hell. 

"Somewhere Under the Rainbow" - midgets, including a little Nazi midget.  I don't know what is up with this one.

I'd also very much like to think that "Treasure of the Four Crowns" will someday come to DVD.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 06:23:57 AM »

Where is DR.FEANKENSTEIN ON CAMPUS? Or OCTOMAN? I think NIGHT of BLOODY HORROR ( I got it on vhs) has a dvd release somewhere...but what about WOMEN AND BLOODY TERROR?

Small | Large

And yes...that is Gerald McRaney-star of Simon and Simon and Major Dad!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Javakoala
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 08:32:42 AM »

I think NIGHT of BLOODY HORROR ( I got it on vhs) has a dvd release somewhere...but what about WOMEN AND BLOODY TERROR?

And yes...that is Gerald McRaney-star of Simon and Simon and Major Dad!

Yes, "Night Of Bloody Horror" is available in one of those ba-zillion movie sets for $20. I don't recall which one off the top of my head, but if I can remember to, I'll track it down when I get home tonight. I loved it, but I have not watched since the first time. It would make a great double-feature with "Three On A Meathook".
pinkandbluefilms
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »

The Gavin Miller/Denis potter "Dreamchild" with Ian Holm giving a performance which ranks him in likes of the great character actors and Coral Brown, as Lewis Carroll and Alice. It's a "highly" original film (if flawed, with an unnecessary romantic subplot) and, I may be mistaken here, but one of the last films Jim Henson worked on. Long overdue dvd transfer.

" The Gathering" . Ed Asner and Maureen Stapleton. If the faceless corporate Scrooges only had an inkling of the nostalgic demand for this film.

Well, they finally released Edmund Goulding's "Nightmare Alley" with Tyrone Power, so perhaps there's hope.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2009, 09:43:20 AM »

I would really like to see the US version of No Retreat, No Surrender on DVD, but I doubt that will ever happen.  I don't like the non US version since they took out a great song and changed up some of the scenes that were shown.
Criswell
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2009, 02:40:09 PM »

For Godzilla vs Megalon on a Region 1 DVD go here.
http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Monster-Megalon-Double-Feature/dp/B001FR7IKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236697850&sr=1-1

that's a bootleg. i am pretty sure of it.
Jim H

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

It seems that if the copyright on these things have gone belly-up, any company could release them and sell them dirt cheap. All it would take would be some searching through copyright records.

http://www.copyright.gov/records/cohm.html

Mill Creek could go BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they were made in the past 30 years, the copyrights are most likely still valid.  Copyright law is ludicrously long in the USA.  I just wish the companies that have no interest in releasing a film at all, as they feel it would be unprofitable, would simply open it to the public domain.  Sometimes they can't, sometimes they don't have full control of the copyright (or don't have video rights to the music, etc), and sometimes they're just being greedy.

One thing I might add, there is some kind of theoretical thing that if they aren't defending their copyright at all, it doesn't apply.  That is, if very publicly pirate releases kept coming out and they simply totally ignored or tolerated them, I think that can cause them to essentially lose the copyright.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Hollis
Dedicated Viewer

The millionaires have unleashed themselves!

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 06:22:34 PM »

"Highway to Hell" I doubt will ever be released...
Nor will "Rockula", it seems.
Or "It Came From Holywood", possibly the greatest bad movie clip compilation video ever, because they apparently broke copyright laws when they released it the first time...

"If you break it down, movie magic is just a bunch of people moving s**t."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »

One thing I might add, there is some kind of theoretical thing that if they aren't defending their copyright at all, it doesn't apply.  That is, if very publicly pirate releases kept coming out and they simply totally ignored or tolerated them, I think that can cause them to essentially lose the copyright.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

That's incorrect, although it's commonly believed.  Abandonment of copyright requires an affirmative act and an intent to relinquish the interest. 

As a practical matter, though, this may happen if the copyright holder isn't aware of his rights, or doesn't care to assert them because it would cost more to enforce the right in court than he would gain from enforcing it.  Some of these niche cult films are probably not worth enough $$$ to the copyright holders to bother with.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pennywise
Bad Movie Lover

The clown banned in 51 states!

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 12:06:44 AM »

I've seen Saturday the 14th on DVD before. I used to own it.

Phantasm II has yet to surface on DVD. Every other Phantasm film has.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »

I've seen Saturday the 14th on DVD before. I used to own it.

Phantasm II has yet to surface on DVD. Every other Phantasm film has.

Phantasm II is on DVD.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.