Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:03:23 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Author Topic: VHS tapes that will never be on DVD...  (Read 105764 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »

Horror host Zacherly had a great compilation tape of B - Z movies back in the 80s called 'Horrible Horror'. I credit this for introducing me to several favorites like SPIDER BABY and MESA OF LOST WOMEN.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2011, 03:46:28 AM »

I hope I didn't repeat any..

Cherry Hill High
Earthbound (1981)
Sex & Violence (1978) aka Ensalada Baudelaire
Rana: Legend Of Shadow Lake
Barracuda
Slithis

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
claws
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2011, 06:08:32 AM »

Cherry Hill High
Earthbound (1981)
Sex & Violence (1978) aka Ensalada Baudelaire
Rana: Legend Of Shadow Lake
Barracuda
Slithis

You did, actually ;)

Rana: Legend Of Shadow Lake - DVD by Brentwood under the title Croaked: Frog Monster From Hell
Barracuda - DVD by Dark Sky Films: Drive in Double Feature: Barracuda/Island Fury
Slithis - DVD by Code Red
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2011, 06:24:09 AM »

Horror host Zacherly had a great compilation tape of B - Z movies back in the 80s called 'Horrible Horror'. I credit this for introducing me to several favorites like SPIDER BABY and MESA OF LOST WOMEN.

I have this tape!!! In fact,I traded some tapes (ORGY OF THE DEAD was one,I believe) on this site! I got this! Its wonderful! Goodnight-whatever you are!  TeddyR

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2011, 09:44:18 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhhPemapM18
-- in New condition this goes for $100!, maybe theres a few K. Gordon Murray flicks in the same position. The best thing in the world is that you can sometimes get Santa (1959) on DVD at Amazon fot like $0.98; that was my Christmas present this year  TeddyR.

I have to get this movie.  I put it on as liked for the Facebook.

Funny stuff.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »

Ratboy! i saw it at a friends house when i was like 8 or 9, it was on hbo or showtime i think. i remember some kid that lived in manhatten or some penthouse that befriends ratboy and ratboy crying in an alley, thats about it. i saw a vhs copy on ebay a couple of years ago, i regret not buying the damn thing. (sigh)

I saw this movie too.  I was a young pup too.  I would not mind owing this one too.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »

Sledgehammer.

It's a shot on video 80's flick. Recently, all the rights to the film were purchased by a poster at another horror movie forum I go to. Question is if the guy will actually do anything with the rights to the film...he's had them for a while now and I haven't heard anything new from him about an official DVD. I have a feeling it'll be one of those things that just never gets put together. 

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2011, 09:24:01 PM »

I didn't know Peter Gabriel was into horror films..

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #173 on: February 06, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »

Cherry Hill High

Available on DVD-R from several websites, if you want it bad enough.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »

as far as i know, my two new favorites are not on dvd.
they are
1. The Annihilators(christopher stone)
2.Blastfighter(Michael Sopkiw and George Eastman)

Cinema de Bizarre has BLASTFIGHTER on a special edition widescreen DVD-R for $12.99.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2011, 09:10:31 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhhPemapM18
-- in New condition this goes for $100!, maybe theres a few K. Gordon Murray flicks in the same position. The best thing in the world is that you can sometimes get Santa (1959) on DVD at Amazon fot like $0.98; that was my Christmas present this year  TeddyR.

I have to get this movie.  I put it on as liked for the Facebook.

Funny stuff.

Later,

John

You can buy it on DVD-R online.  In fact, I saw many of the Mexican Little Red Riding Hood movies and other kiddie movies from the same period online.  Look here: http://brutallo.com/

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »

Cherry Hill High

Available on DVD-R from several websites, if you want it bad enough.

If you count bootlegs then of course there's no such thing as a VHS tape that will never be on DVD.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
66Crush
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »

"Shock 'em Dead" is out on DVD. I saw it on Amazon, but it may be a bootleg. The VHS is way overpriced, Traci Lords fans are like perverted Trekkies and will pay top dollar for her movies. The MST3K version of "Zombie Nightmare" is out and has interviews with Jon Mikl Thor and Frank Dietz. It's in a high priced boxed set, though so if your not into MST3K you probably won't get it (BTW: I love MST3K). I've heard the original version might be released soon. If it is I hope it get's a proper remastering job unlike "Hard Rock Zombies" which is just a crappy transfer. Most old b&w movies tend to get a non formatted slim box $1 at Wal-mart release. Sometimes companies like Mill Creek will put out those 100 movies for $10 boxes out with duel sided disc that don't work half the time anyway. The only movie that I can think of that will probably never be released on DVD is "The Star Wars Holiday Special" and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
RockMonster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »

Zombie Nightmare
Code Red is releasing Zombie Nightmare on DVD sometime this year. Will these ever find their way on DVD?

Iced (1988)
Eyes Of Fire (1983)
Night School (1981)
Necropolis (1987)
TerrorVision (1986)
Screams Of A Winter Night (1979)
T.A.G.: The Assassination Game (1982)
Hospital Massacre (1982)
Humongous (1982)
Spellcaster (1988)
Demented (1980)
Shallow Grave (1987)
Lone Wolf (1988)

According to retroslashers, Night School is getting a DVD release in 2011.  So is Killer Party (1986).  Also hear that Code Red inked a deal with VCX to release Mardi Gras Massacre and Night Of The Demon by year's end as well as much of VCX's catalog.

Would love to see Humongous on a DVD soon!
claws
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »

According to retroslashers, Night School is getting a DVD release in 2011.  So is Killer Party (1986).  Also hear that Code Red inked a deal with VCX to release Mardi Gras Massacre and Night Of The Demon by year's end as well as much of VCX's catalog.

Would love to see Humongous on a DVD soon!
Night School, Killer Party (and The Pack) will be DVD-R's, so technically not really DVDs. But I'm happy those are getting released anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.