Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:01:36 AM
713343 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Competitions/Sports You'd Rather Not Watch « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Competitions/Sports You'd Rather Not Watch  (Read 12484 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 04:57:08 PM »

Here's my question: Look at one of the holes at a golf course. Now, I know most people that would be on a golf course can hit that ball a couple hundred yards. Where it lands, you hit it another couple hundred yards. SO, , from about 10 feet from where you start to 150 or so yards out, the ball NEVER lands there. THEN , another dead area after THAT, where the ball never lands. So the question is, why all the wasted space? Sounds to me like a perfect place for a landfill or a cemetery.  Drink

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 05:56:03 PM »

I hate rugby, but I do love American football

I feel the opposite.
US Football stops and starts, it gets really irritating  Thumbdown
I had to switch off the Superbowl as is was incredibly dull.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »

Nobody plays polo.

It's just an excuse for the super rich to show off their wealth.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »

I hate rugby, but I do love American football

I feel the opposite.
US Football stops and starts, it gets really irritating  Thumbdown
I had to switch off the Superbowl as is was incredibly dull.

The starting and stopping would be OK if they got started in a reasonable amount of time. I see what they were going for when the game was first played, , but it's not now what it was supposed to be. I find it much like boxing: decades ago it was exciting, but, it's been 'solved', so it's no longer a contest, it's a mathematical formula, and the formula seems to be the safe route so to speak. Football has succumbed to something that resembles boxing's "jab HUG, , ref separates.....jab jab HUG, ref separates,. ..  circle circle jab HUG. . .". Yawn.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 06:25:25 PM »

Anything where you need an animal or an engine between your legs is not a sport.  TongueOut

–noun
1.    an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Many if not most forms of racing require more athleticism that those listed, and all require skill, also more than some of those listed. If golf is a sport, then most forms of racing surely is.

Agreed.  And please: that includes sports that involve riding a horse.  TongueOut

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 06:33:45 PM »

It would be easier to name the sports I like to watch.... Actually, no it wouldn't. There was a time when I could have said professional wrestling, even if it isn't a real sport. But I haven't really enjoyed that since the late 80s.

I've been able to watch bodybuilding, because it's mainly an aesthetic thing. Then again, that kind of makes it closer to art than sport.

I used to like when a few of us would get together and watch the occasional Ultimate Fighting event on pay-per-view, but it's not something I ever watch on my own.

The only baseball game I can recall really getting into was the last time Toronto won the World Series, and then it only interested me toward the end of the game.

There are times I really do wish I could get into sports, if only to join in on the fun other people seem to be having. Super Bowl parties seem like they'd be a blast except that football, to me, is like watching paint dry. Hard to get into a game in which nobody's doing anything three quarters of the time.

Hockey is another one, being such a big part of Canadian culture. Looking at how seriously fans take the sport, I kind of envy them at the same time I'm rolling my eyes and thanking God I'm not like that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »

I used to love hockey back when I lived in CA, but now that im in NM its hard to keep up with the games, so Ive been sticking with football.
I dont consider Nascar a sport at all.

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 07:32:38 PM »

MMA I can watch in moderation.  I like a good fisticuff fight but rather dislike it when the fight goes to the ground.  I feel at that point it should be broken up after one  minute if no submission hold is applied. 

Hockey is sliding, no pun intended,  in the states big time.  I do enjoy watching it but prefer seeing it live.  You just don't get the magnitude of a check against the board unless you're there. 

I dig rugby and find it tough as nails.  However I'll be damned if I can follow it. 

Another thing with Nascar...what the hell is with all the sponsors?  I mean imagine if football players slapped one hundred logos on themselves. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 08:17:34 PM »

Another thing with Nascar...what the hell is with all the sponsors?  I mean imagine if football players slapped one hundred logos on themselves. 

I'm sure it's at least somewhat like NHRA where the sponsors pay ALL the bills. The payout for winning a race is not very much compared to how much it costs to run. John Force Racing has 3 or 4 cars and several dozen employees to pay. I know Crew Chief Alan Johnson gets paid over $3 mil a year, I don't think you can collect that much in winnings if you win every race that year. Sponsors put in the big bucks, so they get their name wherever they want, as big as they want, in whatever color they want it in. Race Teams are basically specialized marketing companies.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »

Agreed.  And please: that includes sports that involve riding a horse.  TongueOut

Except riding horses, , 'cuz horses remind me of moose, and a moose assassinated my Pimpmobile.  TeddyR

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »

Sports I'd ranther not watch :

Golf : Never had a desire to watch people chase a little white ball across a cow pasture

NASCAR : the whole race can be summed up as "He's turning left!!"

Basketball : Like watching someone running laps in a gym while playing with a ball to me

Figure Skating : ARGH!!! Man Batch!!!!

Faux Sports like Cheerleading, Scrabble, Poker, etc.... : These are not sports to me. If they are then we should include panic shopping as well. At least panic shopping has the violence of ice hockey with the fast pace of track.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 08:48:20 AM »

1.) Poker- I'm not even a fan of playing it, so I really don't understand the appeal of WATCHING it on TELEVISION.  Do we really need a poker competition.

2.) Pool- I don't mind playing it at a bar, but really, I don't wanna watch it on tv.

3.) Bowling- Again, fun to play, but not for watching.

4.) NASCAR- No offense to fans of the sport, but I really don't understand the appeal.  If anyone says "The crashes", then that speaks volumes of you. Buggedout

5.) Soccer- It's not bad, but the net is a mile long, with one goalie.  No wonder the announcer screams "GOALLLLLL!".  The game lasts a day and a half and it ends with a score of 1-0.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Doggett

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 08:52:08 AM »

5.) Soccer- It's not bad, but the net is a mile long, with one goalie.  No wonder the announcer screams "GOALLLLLL!".  The game lasts a day and a half and it ends with a score of 1-0.

Only US commentators scream GOAL....

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 09:01:24 AM »

MMA I can watch in moderation.  I like a good fisticuff fight but rather dislike it when the fight goes to the ground.  I feel at that point it should be broken up after one  minute if no submission hold is applied. 

Even though I'm a pretty decent martial artists I actually do not like MMA that much at all.  To me it's really a legal street fight.  That's why I like kickboxing better than MMA.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »

Many people that are into traditional martial arts don't care for MMA. Could it be because nobody that has studied any pure and single martial art has been successful? The "legalized street fight" always makes me laugh because boxing and kickboxing revolve only around bashing someone in the head, any street punk can do that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Competitions/Sports You'd Rather Not Watch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.