Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:52:56 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bloodrayne « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloodrayne  (Read 1618 times)
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« on: May 25, 2009, 07:17:00 AM »

So I finally got to see this one, and it got me wondering why Uwe Boll is so reviled. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bloodrayne is a good movie, not even close. It is completely derivative, I've seen better fight scenes in Dr. Who, and the pacing, characters and dialogue are more like a 70s Hammer production. And Kristanna Loken is nice to look at, but that is about it

On the other hand, you do have Meatloaf in a wig on a bed full of naked women, and a steamy sex scene with Kristanna Loken, neither of which are present in, say, Dungeons & Dragons.

Also Ben Kingsley is suitably sinister as the main villain, without the histrionics of Jeremy Irons in D&D. The rest of the cast is surprisingly good for a movie of this kind, and they do what they can with the lines they have.

Again, it is not a good movie and not even amusingly bad, but I've seen others that have less redeeming features.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »

I didn't think it was all that terrible either.  Sort of an average Sci-Fi Channel original type movie.  Though I guess some people don't think too highly of those  TeddyR  Been meaning to pick up the DVD because I hear Kristanna Loken does a topless scene.  I think that would improve my rating by a full point. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:16:46 AM »

A lot of hate towards this movie propbly comes from fans of the video games. 

In a weird way, this movie is a lot like Tri-Star's Godzilla.  Lately, I've heard some people say its not a bad monster movie.  They just didn't like the fact that the took an exisitng character, and stuck the name onto something that was incredibly different.

I have the extended director's cut on DVD, and yeah, it's an okay vampire movie.  But I also love both video games, and the movie is not in the same league. 

Rumor is a third movie is in pre-production.  This time set in the game's original setting of WWII.  However, the video game studio that produced the games went out of business.  If the third movie is made-Rayne will be a video game chacter with more movies based of of her games than actually starring in video games.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 01:17:36 PM »

I thought the film was very entertaining on a bad movie level.  And it has a lot of gore. 

Personally though, I thought Ben Kingsley was AWFUL in this film.  As was practically everyone else except for Billy Zane and Meat Loaf. 
Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »

I actually enjoyed it. Has tits and blood, and that's just enough. TeddyR
Doomsday
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:06:26 PM »

Some weeks ago I had the chance to watch both films of Bloodrayne,I must say that the first one didnt impress me at all but the second one (vampires vs. cowboys,one of my favorite themes) truly was a gem (especially when **spoilers begin** Pat Garret does kill the vampiric Billy the Kid by shooting him from behind,indeed a homage to what happened in real life **spoilers end**) Thumbup
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bloodrayne « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.