Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:57:22 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Monitors any recommendations? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monitors any recommendations?  (Read 2601 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 14, 2009, 02:40:12 AM »

Hey guys, I just got my tax refund back, and, in addition to all the bills I need to make payments on, I'm thinking of getting a new monitor.  My old is just WAY too dark on videos for some reason, even when I hit "5X Brightness" button on my computer.  Plus the text is getting a bit blurry, and I don't think it's my glasses (I can read the flat screen's here at work fine.)

Anyway, I have an old CRT, thinking of going flatscreen.  Looking in the area of around $200 or so.. anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 03:08:03 AM »

I have a Hyundai Imagequest L70N model flatscreen monitor and it works great.  Had it for almost 4 years now.
Whenever anyone sits down in front of my computer to use it, the first thing they all say is, "Hyundai?!"
Yes, Hyundai...the car company.
Apparently, aside from cars, Hyundai has an entire electronics division where they make parts and accessories for computers.

It's a 17 inch flatscreen and both my sister & I own the same model.
Neither of us have ever had any problems with them.
Some monitors are known for having missing pixels....not ours.

Go to www.tigerdirect.com  They've got a good selection of quality reasonable priced monitors.  That's where we got ours.  Thumbup

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 03:13:27 AM by Ash » Logged
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 10:33:13 AM »

Hey guys, I just got my tax refund back,

What the HELL is that? Tax refund ... I've heard of them.

Anyway, I use flat panel monitors and there is only about 4 companies making them and about 4000 brands. I use LG's and Viewsonics and I've been pleased with them.
I prefer a widescreen 16:9 monitor to a 4:3 monitor. The monitor is really secondary to the quality of the video card, you can have the greatest monitor ever made and if your card sucks don't expect much.

BTM

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 11:53:48 AM »

Anyway, I use flat panel monitors and there is only about 4 companies making them and about 4000 brands. I use LG's and Viewsonics and I've been pleased with them.
I prefer a widescreen 16:9 monitor to a 4:3 monitor. The monitor is really secondary to the quality of the video card, you can have the greatest monitor ever made and if your card sucks don't expect much.

Hmm.. dunno, my card's a bit older, but it still should be good.  A NVidia 6600, I believe 256 MB card.  Can't play a lot of the latest more awesome games with it, but hey, my system works for me right now, so that good.  (Expect of course, needing a new monitor... and a printer would be nice, but hey, that's beside the point.)

:)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:13:23 PM by BTM » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »

Like I said there are only about 4 companies that actually made them and they stick a brand label on them, just check the specs something you can find a cheap one thats good and vise versa.

try this..
http://www.surpluscomputers.com/347812/lg-20-lcd-wide-screen.html
LG 20" LCD Wide Screen Monitor  - $229.99

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 07:50:32 AM »

you are jsut needing a monitor, I would recoomend you look at http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=19&name=Monitors. They have some good deals on jsut about any type of monitor you would want.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
BTM

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »

Silly question...

Will those new wide screen monitors look "right" on my system?  I mean, I've got an older computer (about dunno, three plus years) and not if it was originally designed to be run in wide screen.  Or does that even matter?

(Thinking of how we got a wide screen TV at the hotel I work out and a lot of the channels look kind of funny because, I assume, they were designed to be displayed in that format.)

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 11:07:39 PM »

I was going to say something to confuse you, but I'm feeling nice tonight.

It will look fine, you'll just have a wider screen, just like reshaping a windows box. I prefer wide screen because I split screen it, instead of jump back and forth between windows. In short it'll look the same, just more horizontal space.

meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:18:18 AM »

Silly question...

Will those new wide screen monitors look "right" on my system?  I mean, I've got an older computer (about dunno, three plus years) and not if it was originally designed to be run in wide screen.  Or does that even matter?

(Thinking of how we got a wide screen TV at the hotel I work out and a lot of the channels look kind of funny because, I assume, they were designed to be displayed in that format.)

They will. You just need to go into your display settings and adjust them to the one that fits your screen better.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Monitors any recommendations? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.