Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:49:13 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  70's MOVIE - DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!! TITLE??? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 70's MOVIE - DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!! TITLE???  (Read 7500 times)
Smart4aGurl
New Visitor

« on: March 14, 2009, 12:33:44 PM »

hot

I'm DESPERATE!!  Talk about something gnawing at you to the point of ridiculous!!!  This is what I remember, cuz I was just a kid, but I really want to find this movie, so here goes......This movie was DARK.  Two kids, girl and boy, find a baby Sea Turtle on the beach.  They carve their initials in its shell and see it every year as they grow.  Skip 15-20 years and bad guys take the girl onto a boat to kill her or something and this Sea Turtle has grow HUGE!!!  The girl has some weird powers or something and gets this gigantic turtle to help her by dragging bad guys off.  Just remember the image of a giant sea turtle with initials on its shell, dragging a guy down to the depths.........dang.....the details are fuzzy, but it was a really good movie......sounds cheesy, but I'm not doing it justice with my discription......Know the Title?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:40:17 PM by Smart4aGurl » Logged
Javakoala
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:59:58 PM »

hot

I'm DESPERATE!!  Talk about something gnawing at you to the point of ridiculous!!!  This is what I remember, cuz I was just a kid, but I really want to find this movie, so here goes......This movie was DARK.  Two kids, girl and boy, find a baby Sea Turtle on the beach.  They carve their initials in its shell and see it every year as they grow.  Skip 15-20 years and bad guys take the girl onto a boat to kill her or something and this Sea Turtle has grow HUGE!!!  The girl has some weird powers or something and gets this gigantic turtle to help her by dragging bad guys off.  Just remember the image of a giant sea turtle with initials on its shell, dragging a guy down to the depths.........dang.....the details are fuzzy, but it was a really good movie......sounds cheesy, but I'm not doing it justice with my discription......Know the Title?

"The Bermuda Depths" (1976)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077223/
Smart4aGurl
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 01:15:33 PM »

I tried to send you a direct message, but for some reason it wouldn't allow me to, so I'm posting this bulletin.

Cheers  Thanks SOOO much...lol  I've been trying to figure it out for the last........several years actually.  You wouldn't happen to know how I could purchase or download a copy of this film would you?  BTW, thanks for preserving my sanity, and so QUICKLY I might add...lol

Kimberly Sutton
California
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »

I tried to send you a direct message, but for some reason it wouldn't allow me to, so I'm posting this bulletin.

Cheers  Thanks SOOO much...lol  I've been trying to figure it out for the last........several years actually.  You wouldn't happen to know how I could purchase or download a copy of this film would you?  BTW, thanks for preserving my sanity, and so QUICKLY I might add...lol

Kimberly Sutton
California

You might check Ebay in case it was ever released on VHS.  I doubt there is a legal DVD release, but you can try searching Google using the title and DVD or DVD-R as keywords. Beware of places selling DVD-R versions. You can ask about the worthiness of a company on the Bad Movies board and I'm sure you'll get good information.

And if he isn't too busy, Andrew, the gent who runs this place, might be of some help. He is a firm believer in legal copies, and would be helpful.

And, love, you aren't losing your sanity.  If you were, we'd all be in trouble on this site. No one except us believes these movies we love exist. If you like the weird, you've found a home.

And you are welcome for the info.  Glad to help any time I can.
Dwight
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 03:12:56 AM »

Hi Smart4aGrl, email me   treasuretrovevideo@live.com   if you want "The Bermuda Depths".
Heather
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »

Holy crap! I've been trying to figure out what movie this was since I was a teen. I saw it as a kid. Thanks!!!!!
Doug
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »

Ya'know there must be something to this movie.  I saw it when I was a kid and have been trying to find out what the title is for the past several years.  Every time I hear Thomas Dolby's 'Europa and the Pirate Twins' it reminds me of the movie.  I entered "movie kids giant sea turtle" into Google and this thread came up.  Thanks for the help.

Doug
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  70's MOVIE - DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!! TITLE??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.