Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:57:25 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How Many Can You Seat + TV? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How Many Can You Seat + TV?  (Read 7992 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 15, 2009, 04:51:33 AM »

Let's say you decided to hold a B-movie double feature for some of us at your home tomorrow night.
How many people can you seat comfortably in your living room?
What kind of seating do you have?  A couch?  Love seat?  Beanbag chair? Chaise lounge?
What brand and size TV would we be watching the movies on?

I can seat a total of five people comfortably in my small living room. (that includes myself)
And while my TV isn't huge, it works great and the picture is razor sharp.

This is my TV:

It's a Sony 32 inch CRT flatscreen and it weighs a ton!  (over 200 lbs.)
I about threw my back out carrying it up the stairs backwards when I moved into this apt.   Buggedout
Some of you might think 32 inches is too small. 
Nope!
My TV sits about 6 feet in front of the seats, so you never notice it's that small.  It's right in your face and displays a fantastic picture.

How about you?
What've you got?
What kind of treats would you serve us?
And most importantly, what two movies would you show? 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:55:10 AM by Ash » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 05:50:18 AM »

My furniture,at the moment, is sparse. I have an old padded chair,a wooden bench seat,and  2 wooden chairs.
I have a 32 inch RCA.
As far as snacks....hmmmm....
Pizza and popcorn.
Pop or BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze).Or coffe,if you want.
Two movies? Ok....
BRIDE of the MONSTER and DEATH RACE 2000.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 05:59:33 AM »

Currently have a three seater couch and two singles, so very comfortably sitting five.  I've done movie nights before and the most we crammed in there was about 10 or so people.

My TV is a 50 odd centimeter CRT though I really want a 37 or 40 inch lcd of some kind.   Bluesad

Snack food generally depends on how organized I am with the event in question, but generally it's pizza/kebab from nearby stores if it's around dinner time, chips and dip for generic use, chocolates/candy if suitable and of course BYO booze.

My girlfriend and I are thinking of a movie night and the forerunners at the moment, depending on the group of friends we invite, would be Shortbus or American Astronaut.  I'm keen to show Forbidden Zone but I broke a few friend's brains last time I played it so I've got to be more careful with my choices. 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 06:55:47 AM »

I have an "ice blue" 3-seater leather sofa. So three, with the uncomfortable option of 4 wood/metal dining chairs.

My TV is an old late 80's/ early 90's NICAM, I think it's about 24 inch. It sometimes doesn't switch on, turns green in one corner from time to time and is eternally dusty.  Smile

As for treats: Well, I usually get in some pop tarts doughnuts, dry roasted peanuts and a pizza.

Two movies eh?? Oh I think "Staying Alive", then as a reward for surviving that "Dead Heat".  TeddyR

Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:40:25 AM »

Comfortably, I could seat two on one of two two-seater leather cream sofas that were bought on eBay for £40. These are the seats to be sat on if you want to watch TV. Prime real estate in my home. One person could sit on the other sofa and have to turn their head just short of 90 degrees to watch and a fourth could also occupy that sofa but their eyes would be less than 2 feet from the screen, which is too close. I also have a well used and uncomfortable swivel PC chair and if need be, I have a WWE style folding chair I can dig out.

TV is 42" plasma LG - good for a time, but after anything between 1 and 4 hours, it gets red and green sparkly pixels in the darker colours. It's a bit too big for the room by most people's standards.

For treats, there will be Fox's biscuits. NOTHING ELSE - all other treats can not live up to the tern treat next to Fox's biscuits

Films though, if I am having guests, I would let them pick/bring what they want; they are guests after all. I would encourage maybe Idle Hands, Underworld or possibly Erik The Viking, but would not force the issue. I might also suggest a Firefly-a-thon.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:49:52 AM »

Comfotably...about 5 people.
TV is about 24 "
Treats would be Monster Munch, McVities chocolate Digestives and pizza. Drinks would be chocolate milk and Pepsi, no alcohol!!
Movies would be The Lost Empire and The Long Kiss Goodnight.

We don't have to say who'd we invite, right?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 09:59:40 AM »

no alcohol!!

WHAT!  Buggedout

Doggett

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 10:06:41 AM »

I'm sorry, Circus, I know you need alcohol to drown your sorrows but I find drunk people kinda annoying. Look, I'll put some alcohol aside especially for you. TeddyR

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »

I'm sorry, Circus, I know you need alcohol to drown your sorrows but I find drunk people kinda annoying. Look, I'll put some alcohol aside especially for you. TeddyR

Aww, thanks.  Smile

Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »

McVities chocolate Digestives

I beg your pardon?? Why would you serve these??? Did you not read what I said about biscuits TongueOut

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
dean

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »

Well doggett, your choices of movie are actually pretty good, so no alchohol is needed.  However some of the movies reviewed on this site require a 3 drink minimum to get through; it's actually a safety measure to make sure you don't go crazy...  Heartbeeps I'm looking at you here...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 10:57:01 AM »

Got a 32" Sharp LCD and a couple of Polk Audio tower speakers.  Kind of a small TV for the room, but those bigger ones are freakin' expensive  TeddyR  Could seat about 6 in the living room, but whoever ends up on the wrong end of the sofa is going to be looking at the TV from about an 80 degree angle.  Could bring in a couple of chairs from the dining room.  I suppose I could buy some pizzas and maybe, being such a nice guy, I'd even get a couple cases of Budweiser.  If you don't like Bud, well, bring your own darned drinks  TeddyR

Movies - I'll let you guys browse through the DVD collection.  My wife's got Titanic on VHS if anyone's interested  TeddyR

And hey - don't use the guest towels for toilet paper like you did last time!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 11:28:26 AM »

Let's see...

I'm on Spring Break now, meaning back at home, and in our living room here we have a 32" TV and can comfortably sit seven or eight people.  Snacks are whatever you can scrounge out of our kitchen, Bring Your Own Beer.

In the suite I live in at school, we have a 19" flat screen (small, but it was the best I could afford) and can generally seat eight, though we crammed in thirteen people for a screening of Toxic Avenger once.  Snacks are whatever you get from the vending machine downstairs, plus we usually have some chips and salsa handy.  Beer may be forbidden depending on the ages of those present.

At the house off-campus where some friends live and we hold weekly B-movie nights, we generally have 7-8 people, though that is with one girl sitting in her boyfriend's lap, and their TV is probably about 32 or maybe 36", though they use a Playstation 2 for a DVD player, and it occasionally skips or freezes.  They don't serve us snacks except for when they find some sort of weird candy online and want to inflict it on us. 

Doggett

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »

Well doggett, your choices of movie are actually pretty good, so no alchohol is needed.  However some of the movies reviewed on this site require a 3 drink minimum to get through; it's actually a safety measure to make sure you don't go crazy...  Heartbeeps I'm looking at you here...

I'm don't drink. Ever.

I watch every bad film sober.
Whether I've been able to keep my sanity watching them is a whole different matter...

Oh, Wag, nothing beats the chocolate digestive the only biscuit that comes close is the bourbon.

Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 02:01:18 PM »

I can seat about four (depending on their size) on my futon, and if comfort isn't an issue, I can get maybe two or three situated around and behind the futon.

The TV is a 28" Akai, similar in design to Ash's TV and weighs at least as much. (I'm fairly strong, but I would NEVER lift that thing by myself. I'd leave it behind first.) It works good in spite of it being over ten years old. And since the futon is less then three feet from the TV, there will be no problem for everyone to see the picture.

I have a handy-dandy Sony DVD player with an ever-present layer of Kansas dust that will do a good job with anything I throw at it, so far.

Snacks:  It depends on how messy I think folks might be, but I'd probably whip up some sausage cheese dip, spicy as hell, serve chips and have beer (quality would depend on number of people and willingness to pitch in, but I'm thinking Newcastle or Fat Tire) and there is always diet Mountain Dew, but I can't guarantee if I have or have not drank out of the bottle, depending on how much I have on-hand.

And the movies would be "Blood Mania" and  "Night Warning", a double-feature of unhinged ladies chewing up the scenery.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How Many Can You Seat + TV? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.