Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:14:42 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How Many Can You Seat + TV? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: How Many Can You Seat + TV?  (Read 7991 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 12:43:27 AM »

A friend help me carry my TV up the stairs.  Unfortunately, I was the one who had to go up backwards.  There are no handholds on the bottom of it, just sharp plastic edges.  It's not an easy TV to carry.

Here's my sound system.
It's a Sony DVD Dream System.

It's awesome!  Sounds just as good as any movie theater I've ever been in.   Thumbup
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 07:29:47 AM »

For me it would depend on what room the movies would be watched in.  If in our living room, then I would probably say at least 4 anyone who sits on the couch wants some space, 5 if they don't mind that, and 6 if I would bring a fold out chair into the room.

The TV is a 48 inch Mitsubishi TV that has a CNN burn on the bottom of it.  You only really notice it if you watch something that either goes white for a bit or has white on the bottom. 

If the movies would be watched in my mom's room, then I would say 3, if two people don't mind sitting on the love seat and one off to the side, and 4 if I would move the chair from my mom's desk so that someone could watch beside the love seat.  Her TV is a 36 inch (I think it's the right size) Sony Flat Screen.  Though this may not always be the best choice since her room is quite small and the TV is fairly close to the furniture and throws off a lot of heat.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2009, 09:12:14 AM »

I have a 60 inch Sony TV (not a high-def, flatscreen . . . I have one of the bigger, bulky ones from about 10 years ago . . . I'm waiting for it to die so I can buy an upgrade).

My family room is set up with the TV, digital surround sound, a sectional that comfortably seats 5 or 6 people, and a bar that seats 6 (well, 7 if you count the bartender).

So, I could comfortably seat about a dozen people.  If we wanted, we could squeeze 1 or 2 more onto the sectional and 4 or 5 people could sit on the floor.  So, we're looking at about 18 - 20 people, but some of them might not be super comfortable.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:24:28 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »

Well let's see upstairs we have a 25 inch Zenith TV in our living room...and we can seat 6 comfortably. Downstairs we have a 42" widescreen TV and can seat 4 comfortably. In my bedroom, I also have a 25 inch Zenith TV although really only two people can get cozy in there. Snacks would have to be granola bars or crispy minis as we've been trying to eat a bit healthier snackwise. Like doggett, I don't drink period so I wouldn't have any booze on hand. I do like my soda drinks though...usually diet and caffeine free too though. Movies I would choose...hmm let see...probably THE OMEGA MAN and QUATERMASS AND THE PIT.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:19:04 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »

I forgot to mention my treats and movies, so here's an addendum:

Treats:  Popcorn, of course.  This would be served during the movies.  Before and/or after the movies I think pizza, buffalo wings, and maybe chili would be good.  We could wash this all down with beer, hard liquor, soda, or water (I have a Poland Spring cooler in my kitchen).

Movies:  Tough decision, but I think if we need to limit the decision to only 2 flicks they would be DEATH RACE 2000 and DAWN OF THE DEAD.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »

Here's my sound system.
It's a Sony DVD Dream System.

It's awesome!  Sounds just as good as any movie theater I've ever been in.   Thumbup

Show off.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »

Yes, I do like to show off my sound system to anyone who comes over  Smile

As for food, I would probably pick up a few large take & bake Papa Murphy's pizzas and 2-3 two liters of soda.  Probably Mt. Dew, Pepsi & Coke.
I don't drink hard liquor so if you wanted that, you'd have to bring your own.  Instead, I'd stock a case of Miller Light cans in the fridge.
I'd also probably serve Doritos and Tostitos with dip.
Oh, and a big bag of those Brach's gummy bears!  Gotta have those.   Thumbup

As for movies, I've gotta agree on Death Race 2000.  Can't beat that one.   Smile
Movie #2 would probably be Teenage Caveman. (2002)  Thumbup

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:58:57 PM by Ash » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How Many Can You Seat + TV? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.