Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:43:10 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  AGI is Greedy and here's another Example of Why! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AGI is Greedy and here's another Example of Why!  (Read 4200 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: March 16, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »

You think its time to let AGI and the greedy Exective b*****ds die out, but nope.  The government hands them over $170 billion to fix their company or what not, and they decide to do a $165 billion dollar bonuses or extra pay.  It's hard to explain, but just read the articles you'll feel angry.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/2009/03/16/moos.aig.anger.cnn

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/16/AIG.bonuses/index.html

Not a weird story, but it is worth noting.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 11:19:25 PM »

I don't have time to explain but these are old contract that the government knew about and are now acting like it's a complete surprise to them that these bonuses were here.

Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT.) on Monday night floated the idea of taxing American International Group bonus recipients so the government could recoup the $450 million the company is paying to employees in its financial products unit. Within hours, the idea spread to both houses of Congress, with lawmakers proposing an AIG bonus tax.

While the Senate constructed the $787 billion stimulus last month, Dodd unexpectedly added an executive-compensation restriction to the bill. That amendment provides an “exception for contractually obligated bonuses agreed on before Feb. 11, 2009,” which exempts the very AIG bonuses Dodd and others are seeking to tax. The amendment is in the final version and is law.

Also, Dodd was AIG’s largest single recipient of campaign donations during the 2008 election cycle with $103,100, according to opensecrets.org.

Here is the loophole, from the section of the stimulus package that deals with compensation rules for TARP recipients:

The prohibition required under clause (i) shall not be construed to prohibit any bonus payment required to be paid pursuant to a written employment contract executed on or before February 11, 2009, as such valid employment contracts are determined by the Secretary or the designee of the Secretary.

Frankly, it’s hard to imagine how the government could prevent such contracts from being honored. But the presence of this loophole, in black and white, certainly gives the lie to all of this phony outrage — by the senator who created the loophole, by the president who signed it into law, and by everyone else who voted for the stimulus package.

So before you go getting ticked off at AIG, you might want to look to the Democrat led congress and executive branch.

Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:44:50 PM »

Oh, but it's all okay because Obama stood up and took responsibility for the whole mess.

And by doing so, he closed the lid on the whole thing. But folks sure are impressed with the fact he took responsibility. Didn't do diddly to stop any of it, but he took the blame.  I feel so much better.

Believe it or not, I AM a democrat, and I think this batch we got in office is chugging along the wrong path already.  This is gonna be a LONG four years.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:18 PM »

Oh, but it's all okay because Obama stood up and took responsibility for the whole mess.

And by doing so, he closed the lid on the whole thing. But folks sure are impressed with the fact he took responsibility. Didn't do diddly to stop any of it, but he took the blame.  I feel so much better.

Believe it or not, I AM a democrat, and I think this batch we got in office is chugging along the wrong path already.  This is gonna be a LONG four years.

We on the other side tried to warn you (collectively used) but noooooooo.

Anyway, it good to see more and more getting off the kool-aid.

Javakoala
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 11:02:03 AM »

For what it is worth, I didn't vote for my party this time around. I tried to tell people that being good in front of the cameras doesn't translate into good politician, but stopped when it was suggested I was racist.  I'm truly hoping I don't have the last laugh, because it won't be funny.
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 12:40:12 PM »

I am glad we are all in agreement that we should nationalize the banks!

akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »

We on the other side tried to warn you (collectively used) but noooooooo.

It's seeming like Obama is going to be an even worse President than Shrubya.  That's frightening to contemplate.

I wanted Ron Paul, damn it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 03:34:23 PM »

As I understand it, there are several departments of AIG, and all but one did well. Those bonuses were contractually tied to performance. The problem is the one division of AIG was responsible for humongous losses. Unfortunately, people have decided to lump all those people together. Keep that in mind the next time your boss or a co-worker does something wrong and you're standing there hands up going 'IT WASN'T ME, it was THEM, so punish THEM'

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »

I am glad we are all in agreement that we should nationalize the banks!

strongly disagree

as for this guy.  what the hell, if welived in a place called fantasyland everything would have worked out but because we are on earth,  people are a little peaved when a company that failed gets money they worked hard for and acts like it's business as usual.  he said his piece now he can move on.

also, it must be said, the republicans are in utter disarray.  eric cantor voted for the 90% tax thing, then went to a britney spears concert or something.  this is like their big rising new star.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  AGI is Greedy and here's another Example of Why! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.