Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:55 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your favorite troll here « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your favorite troll here  (Read 3985 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 19, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »

Hey there, badmoviephiles.  WyreWizard here.  I have an idea for a review for a movie I would just love to tear apart.  What movie?  Here's a hint.  It's a remake made in 2004, stars Nicole Kidman, Bette Midler and Matthew Broderick.  This movie has so many reality flaws, that I was shaking my head until my neck got sore.  If you would like to see me tear up this movie in a future post, just reply with a  Thumbup.  If not, then reply with a  Thumbdown.  Later, badmoviephiles.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »

This is my favourite Troll-- erm Goblin. Others like the one who has bug eyes, and looks like an old lady, but I like this one because when he speaks, his mouth barely moves. He also appeared again in Joe D' Amato's "Quest for the Mighty Sword".

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »

This is my favourite Troll-- erm Goblin. Others like the one who has bug eyes, and looks like an old lady, but I like this one because when he speaks, his mouth barely moves. He also appeared again in Joe D' Amato's "Quest for the Mighty Sword".

LOL, I don't mean that kind of troll.  I'm everyone's favorite MB Troll.  Now can you guess the name of the movie I want to do a review on?

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:23:08 PM »

Hey there, badmoviephiles.  WyreWizard here.  I have an idea for a review for a movie I would just love to tear apart.  What movie?  Here's a hint.  It's a remake made in 2004, stars Nicole Kidman, Bette Midler and Matthew Broderick.  This movie has so many reality flaws, that I was shaking my head until my neck got sore.  If you would like to see me tear up this movie in a future post, just reply with a  Thumbup.  If not, then reply with a  Thumbdown.  Later, badmoviephiles.

Considering the remake was intended to be a comedy/satire vehicle, can you really slam it for reality flaws? I mean, take "Buffy".  Big flaw?  Ain't no real vampires.  "Star Wars" Big flaw? Ain't one bit of reality in it, except Wookies.

Of course, if you're referring to internal reality, well, that's another story.  Why not rip "The Matrix" where you can recreate the reality to suit whatever corner you paint yourself into? If anything needs to be shredded to death and left to rot in the sun, it would be that series.

Ah, is it because Bette Midler looks prettier than you in a halter top?   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 05:33:02 PM »

Well, I had to look up the movie to figure out why I'd care if anybody ripped up a remake starring Bette Midler, Nicole Kidman and a post-80s Matthew Broderick. Now that I've refreshed my memory, I still don't care one way or the other. Didn't care for the remake. Found it to be disappointing, indulgent crap. And, as Javakoala mentioned, the INTERNAL reality didn't always make sense. On the other hand, WW has picked another movie in which the SF elements are merely a device for telling a story about people. The original was more about sociology than technology. And in the case of the remake, the filmmakers made a deliberate choice to go for satire, rather than a straight SF thriller. Granted, I didn't like that choice, it didn't end up working terribly well, and some of the gags strained my suspension of disbelief. But I wouldn't want to see this film knocked on the basis of sloppy science when that wasn't the point.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:01:21 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 11:10:23 PM »

Well, I had to look up the movie to figure out why I'd care if anybody ripped up a remake starring Bette Midler, Nicole Kidman and a post-80s Matthew Broderick. Now that I've refreshed my memory, I still don't care one way or the other. Didn't care for the remake. Found it to be disappointing, indulgent crap. And, as Javakoala mentioned, the INTERNAL reality didn't always make sense. On the other hand, WW has picked another movie in which the SF elements are a device for telling a story about people. The original was more about sociology than technology. And in the case of the remake, the filmmakers made a deliberate choice to go for satire, rather than a straight SF thriller. Granted, I didn't like that choice, it didn't end up working terribly well, and some of the gags strained my suspension of disbelief. But I wouldn't want to see this film knocked on the basis of sloppy science when that wasn't the point.

That, and Nicole is just so gosh-darned cute....   TongueOut TeddyR BounceGiggle
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »

That, and Nicole is just so gosh-darned cute....   TongueOut TeddyR BounceGiggle

Wow, you must really adore Ms. Kidman.  Let me ask you something, if you won a date with her where would you take her?

I remember when I first saw Nicole Kidman in that old racing flick, Days of Thunder where I think she met her future husband.  It was too bad that didn't last very long and the whole thing fell asunder after Eyes Wide Shut.

It was a good thing that Nicole was already a very well established actress after her divorce with Tom.

I saw her take on Bewitched.  She played Samatha beautifully.  I bet you wouldn't mind it if she cast a love spell on you BounceGiggle

Of my most favorite actresses of all, Nicole Kidman is number 7 on my list.

Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 04:36:43 PM »

Wow, you must really adore Ms. Kidman.  Let me ask you something, if you won a date with her where would you take her?

Someplace she couldn't smoke.

I thought she was better looking in "BMX Bandits" (ah, where's Kate to suggest my "obsession" with young girls?) because she looked natural. She is still beautiful, but in a very refined, almost sculpted fashion. 

And if you want to rake a movie over the coals for just pure awfulness, "Bewitched" should top your list.  Of course, I have a dream: Will Ferrell under a VERY slow-moving steamroller. Nicole was wasting her time.
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

And if you want to rake a movie over the coals for just pure awfulness, "Bewitched" should top your list.  Of course, I have a dream: Will Ferrell under a VERY slow-moving steamroller. Nicole was wasting her time.

Steve Carell was a fine Uncle Arthur, though.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Javakoala
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 05:40:37 PM »

Steve Carell was a fine Uncle Arthur, though.

I had trouble controlling my alternating fits of projectile diarrhea and murderous hatred to get that far.  If only I knew a friend with Thorazine, I might sit all the way through it.

Yes, this has been an "I Hate F*&%&^%king Will Ferrell" rant, and I approve of this message.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your favorite troll here « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.