Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:31:49 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Classic Twilight Zone - Your Favourite Episodes? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Classic Twilight Zone - Your Favourite Episodes?  (Read 19888 times)
316zombie
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »

is there another thread i could post this question on, maybe? i'm very curious about this! besides the financial aspect of buying them!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »

The Definitive Editions are supposed to be the seasons in their proper order and with extras like next episode intros etc. or so I understand it. Sounds like the best choice. I have the collections but I bought that before the Definitive sets were released.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 01:51:33 AM »

okay, maybe y'all can help me out.can anyone tell me what the differences are, if any, between buying the"collection" boxes,the"definitive edition "boxes, or the individual volumes? i haven't seen anything ob imdb that shows any major differences,although it was about a year ago that i checked.

The complete definitive edition with the entire series, 5 seasons, is the way to go. I couldn't believe it was being sold on amazon.com recently (only for about half a day) at $94, dropped from like $180 something! I bought it off a seller on ebay cheap for $117 but I don't think any price will ever top that amazon deal.

It's 28 dvds, and lots of the episodes have isolated music scores and commentaries. There's also a lot of great bonus features as well as a dvd with a documentary about Serling so 27 dvds with the series episodes in the original order with a bonus documentary dvd. 

The older collection boxes as I remember were more dvds and without all of the features of the set. Don't quote me on that though I'm not positive but really the best way to go would be to get the entire boxset cheap if you can.

I can tell you the differences between the individual definitive collection seasons- they're more money but packaged better (the definitive edition complete boxset is a bit filmsy cardboard) The discs are exactly the same.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 02:02:45 AM »

oh and not to ignore the original message, but I haven't seen all of the episodes. I was never a huge fan but always liked it but found tv not the way to watch it so much (sci-fi channel cuts the episodes for example) but of what I've seen (haven't dug too much into the boxset- it's HUGE) mostly the well known ones I've always known:

where is everybody?, living doll, to serve man, the dummy, the after hours, twenty two...

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
316zombie
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 01:35:04 PM »

thanks for the info, guys! much appreciated! Cheers
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:42 AM »

This is pretty nifty, I think: Serling's PLANET OF THE APES edited into a 30 minute Twilight Zone episode.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »

No mention of AN OCCURENCEAT OWL BRIDGE CREEK? Maybe it's not considered canonical, since it wasn't produced for the series.  But it was very influential on a lot of feature films tht came after it.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
blu_clover
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »

That's so easy for me. It's called I sing the body electric.
I loved the Twilight Zone.
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 07:49:40 PM »

Twilight Zone is one of the great classics.

Top Ten (In No Particular Order):

1.The Mask
2.Where Is Everybody?
3.The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street
4.Time Enough At Last
5.The Most Unusal Camera
6.A Penny For You Thoughts
7.The Silence
8.The Midnight Sun
9.Escape Clause
10.The Eye Of The Beholder

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 08:29:19 PM »

I think it's called "Made of Steel" or something.  A young Dennes Hopper plays a neo-nazi who is influnced by the ghost of Adolf Hitler.

And like I said there were some that gave you a good feeling instead of dread or shock.  One of those has Donald Pleasance playing a teacher about to retire.  He thinks his life was meaningless because he never did anything. Ghost(premonitions) of students who due great things and that owe there success to him come to tell hi the positive impact he had on their life.  He retires happily.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »

I don't remember the title, but I really found the episode where the guys who stole a bunch of gold fled into the future with it to be my favorite.  I love the ending where in the future it turns out gold is now manufactured and they had completely wasted their time and their lives for nothing.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
princess dragonmom
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »

I don't remember the title, but I really found the episode where the guys who stole a bunch of gold fled into the future with it to be my favorite.  I love the ending where in the future it turns out gold is now manufactured and they had completely wasted their time and their lives for nothing.

That's The Rip Van Winkle caper, good episode, very ironic ending.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »

There are a few that people bring up probably just because they are well known episodes.  And there were plenty of under-rated and over rated episodes.  I personally was never a big fan of "It's a Good Life". 
Well, I "personally" think you don't know much about Science Fiction.   Wink

"Mirror Image" I caught the end of on SciFi's marathon... VERA MILES chases her elusive doppelganger around a bus terminal, eventually kindly betrayed by MARTIN MILNER, he puts his own suitcase in the wrong spot and finds himself chasing his own opportunistic doppelganger... one of the creepiest and beautiful Science Fiction!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 10:30:44 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 05:14:23 PM »

The above-mentioned neo-Nazi episode with Hitler coming back is entitled He's Alive actually. The Donald Pleasance episode is entitled The Changing of the Guard

Some more goodies:

One For the Angels: A kindly good natured sidewalk salesman makes his greatest pitch ever to one Mr. Death.

The Purple Testament: A Lieutenant Fitzgerald (William Reynolds), a young man serving in a United States Army infantry platoon unit located on the Philippine Islands during 1945, gains an unexpected and most decidedly unwanted foresight, the ability to read death upon the faces of men about to die in the war. Features a good performance from Dick York.

Steel: A tough and stubborn robot boxing manager decides to takes his broken down robot's place hoping to win five hundred dollars he desperately needs to survive.

Night Call: A bitter lonely old woman begins getting mysterious and terrifying phone calls in the middle of the night.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flu-Bird
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »

THE ODDESY OF FLIGHT 33 when that 707 gose backwards in time and ends up in the prehistoric days and theres that dinasoar feeding on the folage down below
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Classic Twilight Zone - Your Favourite Episodes? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.