Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:17:28 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which was your first bad movie? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which was your first bad movie?  (Read 5002 times)
Mofo Rising
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2002, 07:54:23 PM »

Well, to me, STUDENT BODIES is just so much more agressively stupid than SCARY MOVIE.  SCARY MOVIE is the kind of movie a puerile high schooler would make.  Only a retarded first grader could make STUDENT BODIES.

Why does that make me laugh?  I guess you'd just have to understand how much humor I find in stupidity and human ineptitude.  I also consider TROLL 2 one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  What can I tell you?
AndyC
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2002, 08:02:05 PM »

The ads for It's Alive absolutely freaked me out as a kid. The dark room with the camera slowly moving around the basinette to reveal the claws hanging over the side. And that crying. Man, did that give me the willies.
yaddo42
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2002, 08:20:08 PM »

My Dad used to alternate between watching "Face the Nation" and the cheesy movies on the local ABC affiliate on Sunday morning. So I have early memories of  watching "Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster" or "The Blob" alternating with Henry Kissinger and Moshe Dyan.

I remember my Mom taking me to see "Orca" when it first came out. So that's probably the first really bad movie I went to see. The first film I ever remember seeing at the theater was "Outlaw Blues" with Peter Fonda,  you decide.

The first movie I enjoyed for its badness was the horror spoof "Pandemonium" with Tommy Smothers and Paul Ruebens.
Chadzilla
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2002, 08:28:08 PM »

One night my family was watching the network broadcast premiere of McQ, an elderly John Wayne actioner.  We were in the living and the only lights on in the house were there.  My parents and brother fell asleep on the movie and I, sitting alone, had to crawl behind my mother's chair and hid when an It's Alive commercial came on.
Drezzy
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2002, 08:35:38 PM »

The Toxic Avenger. I was mostly raised on a diet of mainstream movies, and the more and more I think about it, this was my first "so-bad-it's-good" movie. I saw it when I was, like, 6. "Toxic Crusaders" was a hit cartoon, I had many of the toys, and I saw Toxie on the box at Video Mania (which carried the original Toxic trilogy only, as far as TROMA goes). I rented it. LOVED IT. I still love it to this day.

Wait...the MORE and MORE and MORE I think about it...

Child's Play, The Running Man, Predator, and RoboCop I all saw when I was under the age of 6. Child's Play when I was about 3. DAYUM that scared me s**tless as a tyke...
AndyC
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2002, 08:44:22 PM »

I saw The Toxic Avenger when I was in high school. I had a part-time job as a janitor at a local shopping and dining complex (grandiose tourist trap) and on one weekend, we were treated to a movie night after hours. We watched Toxie, Maximum Overdrive and Munchies, all of which were fairly recent at the time. Sat around eating pizza and chips, and laughing ourselves silly. It was great.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2002, 09:46:47 PM »

Student bodies didn't rely in Sickening humor NEARLY as much as Scary movie. Student bodies was also made when scary movies were alot more common, now all we have is tired retreads of slashers, when student bodies came out, that genre was being invented practially. That gives it an advantage. I laughed at Student bodies, I didn't laugh at one part in any of the scary movies.

'Nuff Said

-Dan
GeeWhiz
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2002, 12:41:51 AM »

OK, all of you are making me feel old.

My first bad movie was The Werewolf (1956).  And, yes, I saw it in the theater as a first run movie as the second feature with George Pal's War of the Worlds.

Now why don't all you youngsters go to bed.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2002, 11:51:27 AM »

GeeWhiz, there is actually someone out there who is older then I am. If one wants to go by the bad movies listed at this site, my first bad movie was "The Fly." I saw it with my mother and my younger sister, when it was first released to the theaters.
And it was my mother's choice that we see it. We saw alot of strange movies together, which is why I still enjoy going to the movies to this day. Enjoy!
Vermin Boy
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2002, 04:42:59 PM »

My first real experience with the "so bad it's good" phenomena was probably "Night of the Lepus," which I saw on an Easter movie marathon on TV when I was 10 or 11. I was awestruck (though, seeing it again recently, it was a lot less gory than I remember it.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which was your first bad movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.