Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:50:26 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Exorcist Poll ! « previous next »
Poll
Question: What is your favorite Exorcist movie?
the EXORCIST
The EXORCISTII-the HERITIC
the EXORCIST III
The EXORCIST -'The version you've Never Seen".
Repossessed

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Exorcist Poll !  (Read 5288 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 22, 2009, 07:36:02 PM »

I just bought this dvd-the EXORCIST-(dam...! I mispell that word a lot....!)..."the Version You've Never Seen". It's pretty groovy. You get to hear Regan cuss more,and coolest of all...she does an Amazing Spiderman down the staircase! While spitting blood!   Cheers 

Butt...I still like the theatrical version as well...it's a tighter film.

The HERITIC is a work of art.  Twirling

The EXORCIST III - Nobody likes this movie...I do. It's just...creepy...even if I don't know what the hell isa going on!

REPOSSESSED- a Classic.
SpiderRegan!------->

Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:14:54 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:25:43 AM »

I voted for THE VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN, although it was tough not to pick the original theatrical version.  I saw THE VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN when it was in theaters a few years ago.  The audience laughed at several scenes (including much of the swearing).  Much different from the 1970s when many people were scared and disturbed by THE EXORCIST.  A great example how we've become desensitized to what we see on the big screen.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:01:32 AM »

is the 9th whatsitcalled one of them?
Javakoala
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:16:33 AM »

Ninth Configuration

It was written by Blatty, but it isn't part of the Exorcist cycle.  The movie is good, but impossible to find in a completely uncut version, at least as far I know as of 8 years back.  I kinda gave up on trying to find it after that.

The book makes more sense.

Personally, of the Exorcist films, I like number 3.  The first one, when I watched it a couple of years back, just doesn't hold up for me, and it isn't really the desensitization. They spent so much time on the exorcism that the characters didn't seem as well rounded as I once thought they were.  Number 3 was just flat spooky, and did so with minimal violence, though there definitely was some.  I can't bring myself to watch Number 2.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:20:43 AM by Javakoala » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »

The original and the best.  TeddyR

Linda Blair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Twirling

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »

The 9th Gate ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 06:07:05 PM »

I haven't seen any of the sequels, though I have seen the original and the theatrical re-release (which I assume was the same as "the version you've never seen.")  I loved the spider crawl sequence and can't imagine why it would have been cut, so I guess I prefer that version. 

I just wanted to let RC know he's not the only one who liked EXORCIST III.  I was just reading Joe Bob Brigg's review, and he gives it 4 stars: 

"This one's a thousand times better than the weenie "Exorcist II: The Heretic" they made in 1977.
     No breasts. Six dead bodies. Blood-sucking. Vital-organ chopping. Devil snakes. Neck-ripping. Priest-zapping. Hell gapes open. One scene that had a totally unexpected scare, never before seen in films (and I've seen ALL the tricks). Gratuitous Tommy Dorsey big-band dream sequence. Confession Fu."

from http://www.joebobbriggs.com/drivein/1990/exorcist3.htm

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »

My Favorite Exorcism Movie Is EXORCISMO It's The Spanish Rip Off Of THE EXORCIST ......Has Anyone Else Seen It?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 07:03:10 PM »

My Favorite Exorcism Movie Is EXORCISMO It's The Spanish Rip Off Of THE EXORCIST ......Has Anyone Else Seen It?

I'm aware of Paul Nascy's take on devil possesion...but unfortuanatly haven't seen it yet. I DO like many Exorcist rips...ABBY being my favorite!

I bought my copy from  Video Vortex through an ad in the back of a Psychotronic mag back in about 1997...

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »

Out of all the movies in the poll, I choose Repossessed.  Of all the versions of The Exorcist, I choose the original, theatrical version.  (Not that I'm a big fan of any of them, but the theatrical is a much tighter film, as mentioned.)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:09 PM »

I picked Repossesed.

Although, of the series, I rather prefer the original theatrical cut of the first flick.  The sequels were okay, but nothing to sneeze at, either. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »

The original, for sure. It was groundbreaking. The rest just cashed in on the name.

In fact, the original Exorcist gave me one of the best scares I ever had. I was watching it late at night when the power went off. I waited around for a while for it to come back on. Didn't turn off the set or anything. Suddenly, the power comes back on just long enough to flash an extreme close-up of snarling Linda Blair at me, then poof - total darkness again. The shivers went right up my back and my heart just raced. After that, I turned it off and went to sleep....eventually.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 09:43:54 AM »

I saw the original at a midnight show in the early 80's. The crowd was stoned to the bejeezus. We laughed at everything, even the crucifix scene. Much later and much more sober the images from the move came flooding back to me in my tiny, dark apartment and I couldn't sleep til dawn.

Is it true they're remaking this with Miley Cyrus? Wink

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »

I did find the original scary as a young kid, the bits I saw, but I can see why people dismiss it all now. It still holds up though IMO. I enjoy monster movies more, but do find anything supernatural far more unnerving. The most frightening part for me (which I have mentioned before in few threads) is.......Captain Howdy.  Buggedout

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Exorcist Poll ! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.