Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:02:25 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How old are you? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 8095 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: March 24, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »

Question

I'm 46...47 this year.

Does getting old scare you...or are you ok with it?

I was kinda spooked at first (about 42) then felt good about it. I don't have to dress cool to impress girls at the bar. I can just be a slob. I ain't planning to get married again. And I'm content with just relaxing,and not trying to change the world.

Seems to me that theres a good mix of young and old on the board. But movie masochism levels the Generation Gap
(Just using that word shows my age!)

So's...what's your year?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »

I'm 39 going to be 40 this year. Right now it's freaking me out a bit cause I am coming to terms with the fact I'm what I always considered at the beginning of being middle age. What really scares me is two of my kids are almost grown which means in a few years I may hear the word grandfather used to describe me. While I am sure I will love it when it happens, a little apprehensive about it right now.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »

32...not freaked out yet, just sad that hair is sprouting in odd places.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:47:59 PM »

meQal-Getiing old is GOOD! I'm good with everything.   Drink
Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:53:44 PM »

I'll be 45 on April 11.  I behave younger, though.  I still enjoy reading comic books, playing board games, PC games, and stuff like that.  The past 10 or 15 years have passed very quickly.  I'm at the point where I tell stories about the old days and realize those things happened 20 or 30 years ago.  Doesn't seem like that amount of time could possibly have elapsed.   

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »

I am 45, but still young at heart . . . kinda.  I'll admit I have to fight the urge, when I am out in public, to walk up behind young men of a certain ethnicity and PULL THEIR FREAKIN' PANTS UP!!!!!

Does that mean I am old fashioned?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »

I am 45, but still young at heart . . . kinda.  I'll admit I have to fight the urge, when I am out in public, to walk up behind young men of a certain ethnicity and PULL THEIR FREAKIN' PANTS UP!!!!!

Does that mean I am old fashioned?

I'm finding that it isn't just one ethnicity.  Where I live, you got slouchy pants or you got rednecks.  If you gotta hold on to your pants to keep them from falling down, you need to be removed from the gene pool.  Oddly enough, they can talk on a cell phone and chain smoke while holding their pants up.

I'm also 45 and I'm having more fun now that I've had in my entire life.  I've never fretted about getting old. It doesn't matter. But I swear to God, if I have one more little punk try to tell me I have no idea who Led Zeppelin (or Bob Dylan or anyone else I listened to before they were nut stains in their mama's dainties), I'm gonna hurt some people.
BTM

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »

Actually, I'll be 32 at the end of this month (so, every buy me something nice! :)

Dunno, I'm a bit depressed about it, not really getting older, but it's just that I thought for sure I would have accomplished more at this age than I have.  When I was younger, I figured when I reached my early 30s, I'd have gotten a decent job and be in something resembling a relationship.

Well, maybe this year...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 01:47:45 AM »

Good god, am I the baby here?  I'm 28.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 03:46:08 AM »

I'm 41, turning 42 this year on 11 September ~ bad day to be born on, but there you are.

I don't feel much older, although my internal fire has had a lot of water thrown on it in the last couple of months.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 04:05:48 AM »

I'm 41, turning 42 this year on 11 September ~ bad day to be born on, but there you are.

I don't feel much older, although my internal fire has had a lot of water thrown on it in the last couple of months.  Bluesad

I know the feeling, Never say die!!!!

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 05:04:27 AM »

I'm going to be 23 in November. Even though I am still really young, I notice a huge difference in myself to when I was 17-18. I don't have the energy I used to and I also feel that I've wasted alot of good years already.

I'm not too bothered about getting old, just want to avoid any baldness!  Buggedout

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 06:12:50 AM »

I'm 23 but as of tomorrow it will be 2 months until I turn 24.  I feel worse since I turned 21 then when I was 18 and 19.  I guess because I was really active then and my health was still pretty good and I didn't gain a bunch of weight like I did when I close to 21, and then my health problems started from then on out.  Now I feel like I'm an old man when ever I get up.

dean

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 06:16:47 AM »

24 and kicking on strong.  Last year though things weren't really moving along enough which made me a little anxious but now that I'm back to study I can feel like I'm making more active steps towards some loftier life goals [better job etc etc]

Woot!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 06:36:52 AM »

Oddly enough, they can talk on a cell phone and chain smoke while holding their pants up.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

But I swear to God, if I have one more little punk try to tell me I have no idea who Led Zeppelin (or Bob Dylan or anyone else I listened to before they were nut stains in their mama's dainties), I'm gonna hurt some people.

That's kind of the same problem I have when young folks ask me what my favourite group is, Java. When I tell them "The Moody Blues", they say: "You favourite group, idiot: not your favourite music genre!"

Oh well...... Twirling

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How old are you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.