Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:33:00 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How old are you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: How old are you?  (Read 8240 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 06:50:44 AM »

I'm 37. I was OK with everything up to 35. Now that I'm closer to 40 than 30, it's freaking me out a little. Every once in a while, it hits me that people probably don't see me as a young guy anymore. In some ways, it's good. I get more respect from some people. On the other hand, I don't get cut as much slack, and I don't feel comfortable doing some of the things I used to enjoy (getting drunk, for example).

Doesn't help that my parents moved into a seniors' complex a couple of years ago, and my oldest brother turns 50 next year. To top it off, I've come to realize that I'm gradually turning into my dad. Now that I think about it, the real freakiness started at 36, when I went from being less than half my parents' age to more than half. And a few of the grownups I knew as a kid started kicking off around the same time. Makes a guy feel old.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 07:01:56 AM »

Buggedout Oh good grief: am I the oldest?  (At least, to post on this thread so far...)  I'll be 51 in a couple of months.  I have to stop and think when asked my age: in the privacy of my own head I still think of myself as being about 28.  (Though recently I have noticed I am working my way up to...hmmm...32?) *Sigh*

There are kids  who cannot keep up with me, so it's not so bad.

If I start acting my age, my husband has instructions to take me out behind the barn and shoot me.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Hammock Rider

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 08:01:58 AM »

I'm 43 but I've got that Benjamin Button disease so I'm middle-aged either way. Lookingup

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »

But I swear to God, if I have one more little punk try to tell me I have no idea who Led Zeppelin (or Bob Dylan or anyone else I listened to before they were nut stains in their mama's dainties), I'm gonna hurt some people.

That's kind of the same problem I have when young folks ask me what my favourite group is, Java. When I tell them "The Moody Blues", they say: "You favourite group, idiot: not your favourite music genre!"

Oh well...... Twirling

In 2007, I went to Belgium to do some work for a client.  They sent 2 young ladies from the U.S. office to work with me.  One was about 20 years old and the other was about 22 or 23.  One day, we were listening to a U.S. radio station on my laptop while we were working.  A song from the 1980s came on (can't remember what it was) and the 20 year old said, "This reminds me of an aerobics class I took.  We used to work out to 'oldies' all the time."  To me, the song seemed to be fairly recent . . . then I realized it was at least 20 years old.  I just looked at her and said, "Oldies?  I was about 20 years old when this was popular.  Does that mean I'm old?"  To me, "oldies" means the Platters, Drifters, Everly Brothers, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »

Reminds me of watching American Idol last week and realizing that Randy Travis is now considered a country music legend. Wasn't he 'new' country?

Songs from the 80s don't worry me too much, but music from the 90s is falling more and more into the classic category.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »

I'm 21.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »

40, and I'm not at all happy about getting closer and closer to death. 

I hope I'm never OK with it. 

I now have the wisdom to realize that I should have been more irresponsible in my youth.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 06:57:15 PM »

I'm 24, I kinda want to be 30, or just done with school and have a real job.
None of this homework and studying  bulls**t, I just pay my bills and keep up a house.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 08:15:27 PM »

21...22 in 52 days -- it's not that I'm keeping a count-down, it's that I was informed today that this coming Friday marks 50 days until graduation...and graduation falls on my birthday.  One hell of a present, being chucked from the cozy world of academia into the cold, cruel "real" world.  At least I get to wear a funny hat.

I'm not so much worried about getting old -- I'm a "young fogey" -- I have a bum knee that acts up according to the barometer, and I yell at punk kids to pull their damn pants up as well. 

I've seen definite changes in myself since 17-18 though -- I don't know how much of it's the college experience and how much is biological/hormonal changes -- but I'm much more relaxed, much more mellow, no longer so angry or loud.  Well, still loud, but moderating it better. 

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »

I'm 25.  Angry, bitter and p**sed off at the world.  Apparently, all that 'teen angst' I never went through as a teen has now found it's way into me.  I'm going through that 'rebellion' thing, but without the blue hair and boots up to my knees.  That's not rebelling.  That's fashion. 

Although, I'm also a bit of an old man.  My back hurts, my knees, my neck, my hands.  And I hate that people can't keep their pants up.  I see kids, with a belt on no less, but yet the pants aren't actually above the knees.  Then they get offended when someone says something.  It looks moronic and they should be slapped in the face.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 09:04:07 PM »

Although, I'm also a bit of an old man.  My back hurts, my knees, my neck, my hands.  And I hate that people can't keep their pants up.  I see kids, with a belt on no less, but yet the pants aren't actually above the knees.  Then they get offended when someone says something.  It looks moronic and they should be slapped in the face.

So go ahead and slap 'em, then run. It's not like they'll be able to catch you with their pants around their ankles.  TeddyR

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Torgo

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 10:24:51 PM »

I just turned 34 back on March 7th.

The idea of getting older doesn't bother me too much but as I'm right at my mid 30's I do find myself thinking about the future a whole lot more than I used to in terms of finances and paying off my house and usual life stuff like that.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Paquita

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »

The oldest I've ever been is 26, which is way older than I should be.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »

So go ahead and slap 'em, then run. It's not like they'll be able to catch you with their pants around their ankles.  TeddyR

I work in a restaurant.  Fun, has it's drawbacks, etc.  We have a cook who has a belt on, yet, everytime I walk by him, I see his boxer's out and, I"m like, "Dude, when we rang in 2 weiners, one wasn't the one in your pants.  Pull em up."

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pilgermann

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:11 PM »

I'm 26 and I'm convinced that my hair is thinning (in spite of my natural widow's peak).

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How old are you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.