Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:04:28 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Other places you would like to visit « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Other places you would like to visit  (Read 7243 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:19:01 PM »

Japan...mainly for the high tech culture fused with old traditions.  Also to try the whacked out food. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »

Luxembourg - Think it's cause it's the smallest country in Europe (I believe the world but can't remember) has it's appeal to me

I read a short piece about walking around luxumbourg.  It sounded neat...walk from hotel to hotel.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »

ITALY - Best food and friendliest people in Europe, built on top of the remains of the Renaissance, which was built on the ruins of the Roman Empire!

Sometimes quite literally. I've seen walls where the bottom was Roman and the top was 19th century, with all the history in between.

I'd like to see more of Spain, Germany, and Switzerland, countries I've been fortunate enough to visit very briefly but not see much of. Well, actually I'd like to see a lot more of Europe in general. Would love to travel around Mexico, but only after I make considerable improvement in my Spanish skills. Hope to see Antarctica some day. Would like to see Finland, and I'd especially love to see the northern lights in Lapland. I've actually got a standing offer to do that last because my brother's wife is Finnish, but there never seems to be the time or money.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 08:32:51 AM »

Paris is less than 3 hours away from me and I can never get to it!!!!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
dean

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 08:49:49 AM »

I used to want to go to New Zealand, but after the Lord of the Rings thing, no thanks.  Plus, as Lewis Black says: "If you're gonna fly for 19 hours on a plane, they better have the common courtesy to speak another language."

Well it's a funny ol' accent.  It's kind of like how Canadians are to Americans, the Kiwi [New Zealand] accent is like that to the Australians.

The common cliche phrase is fish and chips.  New Zealand-ized it becomes Fush and Chups.  The number six sounds like sex to the immature [ Thumbup]

So it's almost like another language!

[It's a pretty cool place incidentally and easier to get around than my country which is too damned big sometimes.]

The top two places off the top of my head I'd like to visit but haven't yet:

Japan [the girlfriend and I have been wanting to go for a while now]

America

Though to be fair I'd like to go everywhere eventually.  Europe sounds cool though not the highest on my list, and I'd like to do more South America.  Antarctica is probably somewhere I'd go as a [hopefully] rich retiree.  I've even considered doing a short tour of North Korea [since that'd be so messed up to be very interesting]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
dean

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 08:51:41 AM »

About Australia...
Yes, I've been there and yes, it is everything you have imagined it would be and more!
Dean is lucky to live there.  Heck, I'd move there if I had mega-bucks.

The exchange rate is currently in your favour with one Australian dollar getting .70 US cents.   Wink  Eight months ago we were getting about .95c.

Just so you know.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 10:04:55 AM »

South Africa - Want to see how huge Trevor's underpants collection is.  TeddyR Seriously, know a woman from there who makes it sound lovely enough to visit

BounceGiggle TeddyR Karma right there, meQal. South Africa is a lovely place and it is truly a world in one country.  Smile My underpants stock is the reason my place of work is moving: can't fit in anymore undies and can't take the stench anymore.  Buggedout

Me? I would like to go anywhere in the world as I've only ever been to Italy in 2003 on business. I'd love to visit the USA and Canada, the UK and Australia too and also Russia.

But I cannot go to Russia, because Russia comes to you.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »

I used to want to go to New Zealand, but after the Lord of the Rings thing, no thanks. 

LOTRs is one of the reasons I want to go.  I'd love to see that scenery in 3-D.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »

I used to want to go to New Zealand, but after the Lord of the Rings thing, no thanks. 

LOTRs is one of the reasons I want to go.  I'd love to see that scenery in 3-D.
I'm fairly certain it's a beautiful place.  My main concern is, I'm also fairly certain that there's a big population of LOTR nerds (no offense), going there.  Last thing I wanna do is spend a vacation hearing them talk about how "This is the spot that Frodo got the ring back from that other guy" or whatever.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ChuckSplatt
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »

Japan, Austrilia and Ireland
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 07:15:07 AM »

I used to want to go to New Zealand, but after the Lord of the Rings thing, no thanks.  Plus, as Lewis Black says: "If you're gonna fly for 19 hours on a plane, they better have the common courtesy to speak another language."

Well it's a funny ol' accent.  It's kind of like how Canadians are to Americans, the Kiwi [New Zealand] accent is like that to the Australians.

Well that's actually why when I've managed to get to Europe, I haven't spent any time in England except a couple of days 8 years ago. If I'm spending all that money to get there, I want to hear a different language.

Still, I may get to Ireland pretty soon. I was looking for the cheapest way to get to Europe and I found out that by far the cheapest way to cross the Atlantic seems to be to go with the Irish. Aer Lingus fares New York to Dublin are under $600 round trip. About half what I was seeing for other options. There's actually a lot I'd like to see around England, Ireland and Scotland.

Plus like you say the accents are wonderful to listen to. On my brief stay in England I did hit a pub, and I sat a table with some locals who were from IIRC Yorkshire, Manchester (they claimed he'd played for Manchester United) and London. That was very nice. I could have listened to that all night.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 07:15:26 AM »

Machu Pichu.
Ankor Wat.
Easter Island.
the Great Pyramids of Giza.
Norway.
Antartica.
the catacombs of Paris.
China.
 the ruins at Lake Titicaca,Peru.
The Nazca Plains.
Siberia.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Other places you would like to visit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.