Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:38:49 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Three Stooges Movie Announced « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Three Stooges Movie Announced  (Read 5381 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« on: March 25, 2009, 09:37:21 PM »

Here's the link.

Basically, the Farrelly brothers are trying to make a new three stooges movie, starring Benicio del Toro as Moe (maybe), Jim Carrey as Curly and Sean Penn as Larry.

This will undoubtedly suck. Maybe I should post this link to Joe the Destroyer's "I am on a mission" to find the worst movie ever thread, because this sounds like it definitely has the potential to be the worst movie ever.

Why do studios think they can recreate something like the Stooges? They worked because they worked for years perfecting their on-stage and on-screen chemistry. Throwing three actors together for a one-off can't possibly work as well. And to refer to it as "Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest" is to ignore the subtler aspects of the Stooges' act; they actually used a lot of word play in their films--it wasn't only about slaps, pokes and hits. I haven't even watched any 3 Stooges flicks in several years, and this news gets me a bit riled.

Your thoughts?

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:24:14 PM »

I'm currently holding back the vomit.   Thats all I have to say for now. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »

You know, I thought the same thing when they remade a Marx Brothers movie, but I was pleasantly surprised by BRAIN DONORS.  Chances that it will be decent are low, but it is possible to be surprised sometimes.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:56:02 AM »

I love Steve Martin. I love most of the original PINK PANTHER movies. I absolutely do not want to see Martin playing Inspector Clouseau. Even the trailers make me itch. Leave a classic character alone.
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:47:11 PM »

In 1999 original Bozo Larry Harmon unleashed the awkwardly titled THE ALL NEW ADVENTURES OF LAUREL AND HARDY IN "FOR LOVE OR MUMMY" to an unsuspecting world. It starred Gaylord Sartain as Oliver Hardy and Bronson Pinchon as Stan Laurel. It's not as terrible as it might have been - but it's still as bad as you'd think.

I caught it unexpectedly late one night and thought I was having some sort of bad movie overload hallucination.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:48:20 PM »

Mel Gibson produced a pretty decent TV  Biopic of the Stooges back in 2000. It had Paul Ben-Victor as Moe, Evan Handler as Larry, and Michael Chiklis as Curley.

They did a few recreations of  scenes from some shorts, most notable Curley taking the oath in Disorder in the Court. 

This was a biopic though and mostly just covered episodes in the lives of the Stooges  (like Columbia Pictures screwing them over at every turn).  All in all in wasn't in depth enough for me, but the actors did a decent job.

The idea of passing the unfunny Jim Carrey as Curley is one I find really revolting.

The Three Stooges

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »

"The film is not a biopic but a fictional treatment that maintains the Stooges' gleeful slap schtick updated for a modern milieu."

This concept will surely kill any chance of this movie being good.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »

Yack!  Bluesad

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 03:42:26 PM »

I love Steve Martin. I love most of the original PINK PANTHER movies. I absolutely do not want to see Martin playing Inspector Clouseau. Even the trailers make me itch. Leave a classic character alone.

I agree completely. Steve Martin is not Peter Sellers, nor should he ever try to be Peter Sellers. Which is what is wrong with the upcoming "Three Stooges Movie." None of the three are the 3 Stooges, nor should they try to be the 3 Stooges.

And what is more, if "Rat Race" is any proof, not only are there few actors left who can do slapstick, there are even fewer writers who can write slapstick and directors who can direct slapstick.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Three Stooges Movie Announced « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.