Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:14:54 AM
714357 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do You Think We are Losing Our Ability to have An Open Mind Regarding Movies? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do You Think We are Losing Our Ability to have An Open Mind Regarding Movies?  (Read 3869 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 09:07:29 PM »

In one respect we all are open minded-we like some of the worst films ever made.
Many people mock films like the HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND,ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN-but we here at BAD MOVIES actually have a love for them.
When Liz Taylor died-the world mourned.
When Yvette Vickers died- we mourned.
I think we may be jaded to big budget souless drek.
But I believe we are much more open minded than people who think TITANIC is great and BRIDE OF THE MONSTER isn't.
Most kids nowadays won't watch a film if it dosn't involve millions of dollars in special effects,super heros, or cgi spaceships or dragons.
Yeah-I think we're WAAAAY more open minded.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:33:20 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 10:37:45 PM »

Many people mock films like the HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND,ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN-but we here at BAD MOVIES actually have a love for them.
I love badmovies as well, but I'm getting a feeling this forum is moving more toward Bad Movie Bashing then appreciation. I don't even really know why I think this, but I just get that feeling this forum doesn't have a love for Bad Movies.

claws
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 04:01:36 AM »

I love badmovies as well, but I'm getting a feeling this forum is moving more toward Bad Movie Bashing then appreciation. I don't even really know why I think this, but I just get that feeling this forum doesn't have a love for Bad Movies.

I sometimes get the same feeling.
I've also noticed that opinions about bad movies (or good movies) are extremely diverse here, and love or hate for a movie appears to be at total random.
Makes it nearly impossible (for me) to pin down individuals taste in movies. I have never experienced this on any other message board  TeddyR
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 05:31:19 AM »

Put it this way, I would rather sit and watch the complete works of Fred Olen Ray & Rick Sloane than watch Twilight or Inception or even Raging Bull and the Godfather trilogy. That's where I stand.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »

in some sense, yes. We judge stuff based on the trailers, which would decide whether or not that the movie will be good. Also, there will be some movies which will be deemed as horrible based on the track record on previous movies.

yeah no.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »

I'm closed minded, but I think I always have been.  I am leery of any movie that anyone not on this site, or a few choice friends say "You have to see". 

I also instinctively avoid anything that has too many TV comercials or sells it self as "The movie of the...."

I'm sure I miss some good stuff, and it does annoy my wife.  She doesn't have our refined film tastes.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »

I'm sure I miss some good stuff, and it does annoy my wife.  She doesn't have our refined film tastes.
-Ed

Do you want me to get rid of her?  It'll be nice and clean, no one will know. Wink

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 08:43:08 AM »

I trust my 'Spider Sense' regards spending money for films. It's usually right.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 05:51:58 AM »

I just wrote up a really long, really earnest, hopefully thoughtful post for this thread... but then my forum session ran out because I forgot to check that stupid "keep my signed in" box when I logged on. Now all that carefully constructed prose has vanished into thin air. F--- my life.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do You Think We are Losing Our Ability to have An Open Mind Regarding Movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.