Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:13:02 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Secret of NIMH (1982) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Secret of NIMH (1982)  (Read 2538 times)
Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 28, 2009, 08:41:37 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084649/

for a kids movie they  are quite a few deaths in this one

Small | Large

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:52:05 AM »

I finally sat down and watched this a few months ago. I really liked it, I enjoy the style of Don Bluth.

It's funny, because I had seen it many times as a kid, but I realized that I had no idea what the hell was going on in the film. Big scary owl, levitating cinder block, but what the hell was the actual story?

I think it's a pretty good kid's film, albeit the kind of kid's film that is filled with imagery that is terrifying to a child. That owl is still creepy as hell.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Susan
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 09:24:55 AM »

hands down my favorite animated film. I wish they had taken all the funny s**t out with the bird and aunt claire. I think they did that to tone it down, but it's very dark and it should have been made with the intention of being an adult film.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 08:15:51 PM »

This movie is on my list to see and review at one point or another.  I heard it is very good and it was made by the guy who did The Land Before Time and All Dogs Go to Heaven (I liked those films when I was younger), so this should be very good to see.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »

It's actually based on a book, which is quite different in tone to the movie.

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 10:16:28 PM »

Don Bluth made himself quite a distinguished animator in the 80's with this effort, along with American Tail, and the original Land Before Time.  However, he went off into some strange tangents in the 90's with Rock-a-Doodle, and Troll in Central Park, before trying to recapture his old magic with Titan AE, which ultimately fizzled in theaters, though seems to have a cult following now. 

NIMH still stands out as a dark, but engaging animated film, the likes of which has never been seen since.  For the most part, Bluth seemed to understand a wonderful point that Brad Bird (Who I consider to be Bluth's contemporary) made...that Animation is a medium, and not a genre.  There doesn't have to be just one way of handling it. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Secret of NIMH (1982) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.