Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:58:16 AM
714153 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Early 90s horror/sci-fi « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Early 90s horror/sci-fi  (Read 5432 times)
angrywarhol
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 28, 2009, 10:48:01 PM »

Around 1996 I caught part of a movie on television while passing out at a friend's house.  Someone else had the remote and I was half asleep, so it is possible that my memory is of more than one movie, but here's what I remember:

1. There is a kid in a swimming pool at night, and I think the plastic cover was over the top of the water because the kid could not get out, and he was being attacked by long thick tentacles.

2. There is a scene that takes place at a funeral home, and as I recall there is some kind of service for the recently deceased, and the body is closed in a casket and moved into an oven to be cremated.  Something malfunctions and the casket slides out of the oven and the burning corpse falls out.  There are people around in suits and one guy gets either melty corpse juice or cremation acid on him or something.

3. Some teenage kids play a virtual reality game at an arcade.  When they put on the goggles you see a computer generated arena, mostly red if I remember correctly, and they have 3D polygon bodies with approximations of their faces stretched on to the game models.  They run around and shoot at each other in the game.

That third memory seems to be very different than the first two, so these might not all be the same movie, and the third one might be Arcade, but I have not been able to get a copy to verify.  If any of this sounds familiar I would greatly appreciate any theories you have about what the movie could be.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »

Sounds like Ghost in the Machine  It was about a serial killer who entered into cyber space and could then control machines.  Even those not hooked up to any sort of computer.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »

I'm pretty sure the third one is Arcade.

I used to have it on VHS but it disappeared.  I've also got the old movie poster for it somewhere.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 03:22:20 PM »

I think Winged Serpent got it. From a plot description of "Ghost...":

"Josh and his best friend are playing a virtual reality arcade game that Karl materializes inside of just so that he can make stupid-looking computer generated scary faces that would only succeed in frightening people that are petrified of bad computer animation. The hotty babysitter gets electrocuted in Rube Goldberg fashion; Josh is nearly drowned when Karl tries to have the retractable tarp cover trap him in the swimming pool; and so on."
http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/ghost-machine-1993
angrywarhol
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:28:43 PM »

Holy smoke, that looks likes it's the one!  I will be hunting a copy down post-haste. 

Many thanks, kind sirs!

EDIT:  Verified, everything I remembered was from the same movie, and Ghost in the Machine is certainly it.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:34:02 PM by angrywarhol » Logged
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Early 90s horror/sci-fi « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.