Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:40:05 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Monsters Vs. Aliens (2009) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Monsters Vs. Aliens (2009)  (Read 2482 times)
Pennywise
Bad Movie Lover

The clown banned in 51 states!

« on: March 30, 2009, 07:24:07 PM »

A meteorite crashes to Earth, hitting Susan (Reese Witherspoon) on her wedding day and infecting her with a strange radiation that makes her huge. She gets apprehended by a U.S. government agency run by General W. R. Monger (Kiefer Sutherland) that has captured monsters since the 50's. The Missing Link (Will Arnett), Dr. Cockroach (Hugh Laurie), B.O.B. (Seth Rogen), and a giant mutated grub have been incarcerated there for a long time.

Susan, now named Ginormica, and the other monsters are put into action by the government when an alien spaceship lands on Earth to get the radiation from Ginormica's body. Working together the monsters manage to stop the alien ship, which turns out to be a robot, but the alien overlord running it, Gallaxhar (Rainn Wilson) decides to take a more direct hand in getting the radiation energy. Now the entire Earth is threatened and the monsters are going to have to take the fight right to the aliens...

This was the first movie I've seen in 3D and it was awesome. It was funny and ridiculous. Rogen's stoner laugh fits the blob B.O.B. perfectly and Stephen Colbert is great as the clueless President. An excellent film! TeddyR
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »

I'm taking my nephews to see this next week.  Hope I enjoy it as much as you did!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 03:09:27 AM »

I thought it was decent.  A lot of the timing of the jokes felt a bit off, several sub-plots kind of went no where (the Missing Link's for instance), and some were overplayed (Axel Foley).  I heard someone call it the movie everyone thought Kung Fu Panda would be, and that sums it up. 

However, it was still a fairly entertaining film.  Seth Rogen was quite amusing.  A few decent jokes, and some nice references (liked the Blob homage in Bob's intro video).

All in all, a 6/10 from me.
Texdar
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 03:39:31 AM »

I really enjoyed it (although I didn't get to see in in 3-D, gonna go back this weekend for that).  I felt it had "The Incredibles" feel to it.  Never lost interest, so that's always a plus.  Characters were all very likeable and thought the story was good.  Plus it's monsters vs. aliens, what's not to like?  I recommend it.

I bent my wookie!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 05:14:53 PM »

I enjoyed it.  There were a few chuckles and some nice action sequences.  However, it mainly became a game of "spot the sci-fi movie tribute" for me.

I saw (sometimes clever) references to:

ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN
THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN
THE BLOB (even besides the obvious one)
THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND (sort of a show stopper)
E.T.
STAR WARS

There were probably a lot of others I missed, too. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 08:19:23 PM »

I forgot to add Dr. STRANGELOVE.

metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:43:56 PM »

I Went To See It On Saturday , I Thought The Film Was Pretty Good
I'd Give It An Eight Out Of Ten
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Monsters Vs. Aliens (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.