Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:09 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films you started to watch... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Films you started to watch...  (Read 12286 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: April 01, 2009, 06:02:26 PM »

...but then switched off in disgust. (Im only talking about films you've rented/bought/seen in a cinema (i.e. paid to watch in some form), not just surfing on tv because that doesn't count)

I've just switched off TIMBER FALLS after being told it was good and buying the DVD. christ, yet another unoriginal new horror that could have all its characters and scenes replaced with pretty much any other unoriginal new horror...so unoriginal, I don't care how it ends or what happens to the characters. help me feel less bad by posting some times this has happened to you guys..........

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 06:05:33 PM »

Rocky V.
Sisterhood.

Sicklove Lovesick..I finally finished yesterday. Wish I hadn't.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 06:11:41 PM »

Rocky V.

Ive never seen a single Rocky to be honest. Ill remember to steer especialy clear of that one then...

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »

As painful as it may seem, even if I turn a movie off I always go back and finish it later.  Sometimes, I'll watch a movie in 3 or 4 small increments over a period of a week or more.  My most recent effort is CONQUEST (1983), a horrible, boring Lucio Fulci sword-and-sorcery movie.  I've already sat through 2 segments of it and I have about 40 minutes to go.  The entire movie is headache-inducing.  It uses hazy, foggy cinematography that's really difficult to watch and extremely annoying.  But I'll get to the end of it one way or another . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »

As painful as it may seem, even if I turn a movie off I always go back and finish it later.  Sometimes, I'll watch a movie in 3 or 4 small increments over a period of a week or more.  My most recent effort is CONQUEST (1983), a horrible, boring Lucio Fulci sword-and-sorcery movie.  I've already sat through 2 segments of it and I have about 40 minutes to go.  The entire movie is headache-inducing.  It uses hazy, foggy cinematography that's really difficult to watch and extremely annoying.  But I'll get to the end of it one way or another . . .

I know what you mean, I think this is the first time Ive ever bought something and decided not to finish it...hence the thread really. talking of Fulci I bought THE RED MONKS about a month ago and that was a real struggle, It got so tedious, but I did finish it.

BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:03:42 AM »

Reign of Fire

Well actually, I managed to sit through it once when I was completely obsessed with dragons, but every other time...
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »

Underground comedy movie - after the first 20 minutes, I promptly took the DVD out of the DVD player and put it away never to watch it again.

Borat - Watched the first 20 minutes and then took the DVD out and sold it off.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 11:10:06 AM »

Spice World...though I may take it on again for review purposes. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 11:13:52 AM »

Spice World...though I may take it on again for review purposes. 

I thought it was alright.
But some of the cameos, I'm guessing, Americans won't get.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:15:41 AM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 11:51:40 AM »

Phantasm IV (which is a shame cos the Phantasm Sphere case is ace)
Epic Movie
Aliens (tried to watch the directors cut on Boxing Day but didn't make it to the end)
What Lies Beneath (I fell asleep watching this at the cinema and wasn't even tired)
Freddy Vs Jason (I bough this cheap, have watched it and forgotten about it so thought I would watch it again when I got it back from a friend who borrowed it. Silly me)
The Fellowship Of The Rings (this just doesn't stand up to repeated viewings for me)
Apocalypto (or whateve it's called)
Somersault
The Killing Floor
Prey

There's probably more.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »

I Remember Renting The Movie THE ISLAND Cause It Sounded Really Good
I Watched It For About Thirty Minutes Before Turning It Off

Ewan McGregor And Scarlett Johansson Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves For This Movie!

I've Heard So Many Good Things About Michael Bay's Movies , But After Seeing This
I Know None Of It Is True
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »

Star Wars- Really quite dull in the first twenty minutes or so.  Couldn't finish it.
Big Money Hustlas- Really, any movie starring The Insane Clown Posse is doomed to fail.
Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom- George Lucas's work doesn't really appeal to me.
Lord of The Rings- Mess of a movie from what I did watch.  Swore not to watch the sequels as a result.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »

Star Wars- Really quite dull in the first twenty minutes or so.  Couldn't finish it.

Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom- George Lucas's work doesn't really appeal to me.

yeah I suppose they're classed as "must see" movies but I agree they're overrated, only seen each of those once I think...but at the same time I could probably sit through them again

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »

yeh cheers for the replies, in general. I feel a bit better now   Thumbup

btw if anyone has actually walked out of a cinema during a film, tell about it.........

Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »

I Remember Renting The Movie THE ISLAND Cause It Sounded Really Good
I Watched It For About Thirty Minutes Before Turning It Off

Ewan McGregor And Scarlett Johansson Should Be Ashamed Of Themselves For This Movie!

I've Heard So Many Good Things About Michael Bay's Movies , But After Seeing This
I Know None Of It Is True

You heard GOOD things about Michael Bay films?  Really? I mean, like, you know, from somewhere other than, like, the food court at the mall?  Not a shot at you, but at the bubbleheads that would like his...why am I even talking about Michael Bay?

"The Island" was a blatant rip-off of "Parts: The Clonus Horror" so I'd recommend watching that.  It is a bit cheese, but much, much better overall, in my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Films you started to watch... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.