Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:23:01 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies So Bad You Couldn't Watch The Whole Thing « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Movies So Bad You Couldn't Watch The Whole Thing  (Read 7843 times)
J.R.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2002, 11:46:47 PM »

I hate all these new "spoofs" like Scary Movie 1 and 2 and Not An toher Teen Movie. Instead of actually making fun of other films they simply set up a scene to look like something from another movie, then either do nothing with it or just have someone hit in the face with something. Wrongfully Accused is one of those and I couldn't watch past the first 20 minutes.
AndyC
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2002, 02:34:38 AM »

I have kind of a soft spot for Megaforce. It was one of those movies that my friends and I thought were cool back when we were 12 or so.
Nathan
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2002, 11:21:19 AM »

> I just like to point out that "The Maltese Falcon" and
> Gregory Peck's "Moby Dick" are both remakes and are both
> better than the original films  ("Falcon" comes damn clase to
> capturing the spirit of the original.)  Technically, Lugosi's
> "Dracula" and Karloff's "Frankenstien" are also remakes.  All
> four are all right pictures.

Yes, but they're not remakes in the same sense -- they're each another movie version of a pre-existing novel, not a re-make of a previous movie.

Nathan
Nathan
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2002, 11:25:00 AM »

Waaaaay back when I started reviewing, I turned off the Ed Wood-scripted "Orgy of the Dead."  I daresay I have enough callus to get through it now with nary a whimper.

On the other hand, I'm currently trying to convince myself to put the DVD for the French film "I Stand Alone" back into the player, if only so that I can write a review that unleashes an unholy quantity of whupass on it.  I never thought I could hate a movie so badly with every part of my body, and I've only endured the first twenty minutes so far.

Nathan
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2002, 11:39:02 AM »

Ever since I have been old enough to go to the movies without my parents, once I plop my seat into the seat, I have never walked out of a movie--even "Dungeomaster," which can be previewed at this site--until the credits had finished rolling. Falling asleep during a move, "Cool World" comes to mind, that is another story. Enjoy!
Cullen
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2002, 12:07:48 PM »

Nathan wrote:

"Yes, but they're not remakes in the same sense -- they're each another movie version of a pre-existing novel, not a re-make of a previous movie."

Using that definition, then, there are few true remakes.  What I was referring to as a "remake" would then be (and God, I hate this term) "reimanginings."

I can't think of any other term for them.  Which, of course, only means ignorance on my part.
StatCat
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2002, 02:57:14 AM »

Heres a few that I can recall:

Revenge of the dead aka zeder- boring typewriter movie with a zombie hand buldging through a wall I remember I couldn't stand it anymore and shut it off which is a rare thing I do because I disliked it so much.

Prison of the dead- ultra bad full moon movie

The howling new moon rising- no explanation needed here

Most of the time I turn movies off half way because I'm either tired or not in the mood to continue watching not because I hate the movie that much. I think I have grown a strong tolerance to stand bad movies over the years but some no person should be forced to sit through.
john
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2002, 07:19:17 PM »

Two movies that I've never been able to sit through are Liquid Sky and The Hunger. I don't know what it is, but Hunger bores me to tears and Liquid Sky is just too strange.
Dan_D_Man
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2002, 08:40:50 PM »

SCARY MOVIE was one film I wish I coulda walked out of.  I could'nt becuase I was with my friends and I was the ride.  (They loved it.  Were we watching the same movie?)

JOSIE AND THE p***yCATS-Ugh!  God, I mean satire's good and all, but this was not satire!  This was hitting you on the head with a sledgehammer attempt at being satire (Hoping you would be dulled by the sledgehammer blows enough to sit through the flick).  

PLANET OF THE APES (Remake)-I knew this movie was going to be bad when I heard it did'nt even take place on Earth (One of the whole points of the original), but I tried to give it a chance.  It fell apart for me when the deux ex monkey (The monkey in the rocket shows up and is regarded as the Ape's God) arrived.  Ugh!

I saw all three of these with my ex-girlfriend-notice I said EX!
Lee
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2002, 11:14:39 PM »

Here's two that come to mind: Wagons East(So stupid it's depressing)
                                                           Rawhead Rex(Can you say WAY TO STUPID?!)
Neville
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2002, 05:04:00 AM »

It is against my religion to leave the cinema even if it is a stinker, but there are some movies were I actually sold my soul to any entity which could just end my pain...

Bad boys: pseudo-stylish (Tony Scott style rip-off) and empty buddy movie by Michael Bay. Action is lame, acting pathetic and humor unbearable. Has some of the worst continuity problems I have ever seen.

Phantoms: I actually enjoyed it later on TV, but in the theatre I found it dammmmmnnnnn slooooooowwwww.

Beverly Hills Cop III: Ugh!

Vanilla Sky: Arrrrrrrggghhhhhh! You trying to poison me or something?

Armaggeddon: I enjoyed "The rock", so I had my third Michael Bay try. Kept on waiting for any of the characters to kill Steve Buscemi, but it seems they were also scared of his overacting.

Wait! Now I remember! I actually stopped watching something, but it was on TV and I don't know if it counts: Alien from LA, that Kathy ireland vehicle by Albert Pyun. Plain unbearable.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2002, 11:53:07 AM »

"Aliens From LA" is great! :)

I just rented "Liquid Sky"  Ugh...not even going to bother finishing it
Lee
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2002, 12:31:14 AM »

Yeah, Alien From L.A. is cool! It's rediculous but that just ads to the movie. Besides, Kathy Ireland is FREAKING HOT!!!
Lee
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2002, 12:31:21 AM »

Yeah, Alien From L.A. is cool! It's rediculous but that just ads to the movie. Besides, Kathy Ireland is FREAKING HOT!!!
Ancient One
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2002, 08:55:56 PM »

I handled Scary Movie - no problem.
BUT, Vanilla Sky didn't last 15 minutes.  What a waste of time and money that was. It was so bad, I wouldn't even want it on this site.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies So Bad You Couldn't Watch The Whole Thing « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.