Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:08:30 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The NeverEnding Story III « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The NeverEnding Story III  (Read 44352 times)
Richard
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Well I thought it was extraordianary.

Unfortunately, it was extraordinarily dreadful!!!
This is the worst sequel in the history of film making, worse than Beastmaster II.  The rock biter singing rock and roll?!!!  The child like empress goes on a shopping spree?!!! A little tip to the makers of great B-movies, never mix the fantasy world with the real world.  Never Ending Story II was not terrible, but a bit lacking in, oh, a plot.  But at least it wasn't a total butchery of Fantasia like this third one.  At least the third Beastmaster, in my opinion, more than redeemed that series.  You all should review Beastmaster III.
Jet
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I've read the book, but I don't remember if I've seen the first two movies. I do remember seeing the third one, though, and I was majorly p-oed about it. For one thing... why in the blue hell did they change 'Fantastica' to 'Fantasia'?? Because it rolls off the tongue better? Yeesh. Just one of the thousands of signs that the filmmakers were stupid. The book was good, very much so. But this third movie, even when seen through the eyes of a six-year-old, is a slap in the face to whoever liked the book.
By the way, Ghidorah2000... the book also contained 'walking tree' characters. They were called Bark Trolls, but they didn't play a very big part in the story.
Cal Smith
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 02:43:05 PM »

I bet Jack Black is really p**sed that he was in this movie.
Artoveli
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

This movie.... my siblings and I refer to it as "The Abomination!"  We grew up on the first two movies (I know, the first one is WAY better but as a kid I liked them both), and we were so excited when the third one came out (the trailers made us a tad bit nervous, but we were still willing to chance it.  It's the Neverending Story, come on!).  Then we saw it.  Maaan, way to ruin a kid's universe!  Years later, when the mini-series came out (now commonly reffered to as "The Travesty"), we discovered that it was, lo and behold,  based on a book!  We seeked the book out and read it and finally REALIZED THAT THE BOOK IS POSSIBLY ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS EVER WRITTEN!:-D  Seriously, it leaves all the movies in the dust (though I will always love the first one, for sure).  Seek it out.  Read it.  You'll be doing yourself a favor!
banderzell
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I haven't read the book, but I've seen all three movies. I love the first one. Personally, that movie had such an impact on me as a child. The third one was pure garbage. They apparently couldn't leave good enough (i.e. the second movie)alone.
juan garcia
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I didn't really like the first Neverending Story very much at all.  THe second one was just plain poor.  But the third made me want to cry.  By the end, I think that I was crying.  READ THE BOOK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!  The book is a heck of a lot better than all of the movies combined, and also reading is a lot more entertaining than watching a bunch of really bad actors trying to display some stupid story about a horse being sad and falling into some swamp.

The only good part about Neverending Story III was Jack Black.  His performance could actually be rated as better than mediocre.
yahoo jelly jumbles
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

:-D

lol

it was so bad

i cant believe it

it stunk terribly

you should never see it

it is terrible

jack black was really good though

as a parent i am dissapointed
Ameyra Thsé
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 09:59:37 AM »

Jet, I would just like to mention that Fantasia the the more correct translation of the original name, Phantasién. In german, the language in which it was originall written, Phantasién means fantasies, however the addition of én is sometimes also used for countries and the like. Fantasia is the correct translation.
Thee Dr.
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 03:25:53 AM »

I hate all 3 of these goddamn movies becausen whenever we went to someone's house to visit my mother would make me run to the nearest video store and rent one of these idiotic movies for the assembled kids to watch-or more accurately, she would try to-I would just ignore her and get something cool like 'The Running Man' or 'Robocop'.
Eternal Khaos
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »

My Sister and I watched the whole trilogy of TNS last night and while we watching the third on DVD. Not Only Is This A Bad Flick, But Since Seal's "Kiss From A Rose" is weirdly heard before the release of Batman Forever, I checked IMDB for Seal's profile and there's no mention of TNS III with the song (but Batman Forever is mentioned) so this is weird.
ChunkeeOne
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2011, 06:02:40 AM »

Watch out, Neverending Torture 3 is probably the name of an adult movie. Can't confuse nudey flicks with your crappy sequels, that's just sacrilegious now.   
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The NeverEnding Story III « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.