Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:01 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hedwig and the Angry Inch « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hedwig and the Angry Inch  (Read 27964 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 04, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »

The musical chronicle of an East German glam rocker whose botched sex change operation left her not quite a he, nor a she.  Want a weird bit of trivia?  My wife loves this film.  She asked me to review it as a sort of present for her birthday.  Happy birthday!

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »

Great film. 
Great review . 

Cheers Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »

A strong contender for the worst movie of all time.  This is one of those rare films that make me wish to cause great harm to anyone involved in the production.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
richjr37
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:33:32 PM »

LOVE. THIS. MOVIE! Thumbup

"God,i'm so wired. What do say i take you home and eat your p***y?"-"Shark Attack 3:Megalodon"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:27:21 PM »

LOVE. THIS. MOVIE! Thumbup

You're a sick, sick man.  IFC was playing that piece of trash constantly a couple of years back, and I could not watch it for five minutes without wanting to barf.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 03:29:58 PM »

Phyllis Stein. That is an interesting name, especially for an agent, and I can't help but think, the name is something of an in-joke.

Frankenstein, of course, but also the word philistine, which is defined as lacking in appreciation for art or culture.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:15:10 PM »

I have seen far worse films but it doesn't forgive this film for being rather bad. A friend of mine happen to tell me what a great film this happen to be. I know now he was either lying to me, was really stoned when he seen it, or has no taste in films whatsoever.
While it doesn't evoke feelings of committing acts of violence against those responsible for it, I do feel they owe me the time back in my life for having watched it. I could of used that time watching something more intelligent like monkey poo fights at the zoo.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
John
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 01:22:46 AM »

I haven't seen Hedwig, although a friend has recommended it to me before and I dig the music.   In spite of that, having seen literally no less than a thousand movies, and dozens of the positively worst movies ever made, I'm very cynical when someone declares a film "worst movie ever."  I have a Quaker's faith there are FAR worse movies than "Hedwig."

Andrew, as long as you're reviewing offbeat horror musicals/rock opera's, you should probably grant some review space to Phantom Of The Paradise and Big Meat Eater.

Oh, and not to shill or anything, but any and every b-lover worth the trash he watches should know: Howard The Duck somehow slipped past George Lucas' keen radar and was released on American DVD last month.  I am a VERY proud owner!

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 04:29:37 AM »

I could of used that time watching something more intelligent like monkey poo fights at the zoo.

TeddyR BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:07:16 AM »

I have a Quaker's faith there are FAR worse movies than "Hedwig."

I have seen over a thousand movies myself, most of them bad, and I'm having trouble thinking of any that were significantly worse than Hedwig.  I would rather watch The Jar than Hedwig.  I would rather watch Headless Eyes than Hedwig.  I would rather watch Ron Jeremy doing obscene things with ground beef than watch Hedwig.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 12:39:24 PM »

What's with all the hate !

Hedwig's the man...um, woman..er, person...????

Doesn't matter, love the film . Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »

When someone who likes musical numbers and affirmative genderbending in their movies tells me that this was 'unwatchable' I'll listen to their case.

If you usually can't stand the stuff you have no one to blame but yourself for wasted time.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Matt
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »

One of my favorite movies...if you let it, it has the power to move you. Great review.
goodfilm
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »

This a fine, fine film. It is a great watch and a really good soundtrack. I love this movie!!!! It is a 5***** film if ever there was one.
paulh
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 05:15:44 PM »

My parents (in their 50's) turned up at the cinema one night and this was playing - when asked if they should see it the 'human' behind the counter  told my parents that it was a great movie.

They walked out of the movie early on, and my father threatened physical violence against the guy who sold them the tickets.
They got their money back.  Thumbup
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Hedwig and the Angry Inch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.