Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:42:43 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Borders to Discontinue stocking multi media product? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Borders to Discontinue stocking multi media product?  (Read 5906 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: April 04, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »

http://cosmic-cinema.blogspot.com/2009/04/borders-to-discontinue-multi-media.html

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »

Too bad, though actually I haven't been into a Borders in years.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »

Meh, I stopped buying stuff from that place when they ripped me off on a few DVD's. 
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 06:35:02 PM »

I thought they only sold books ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:36:25 PM »

And overpriced coffee.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:51:33 PM »

Don't know about the coffee but I remember looking at the goodies in their cafe many moons ago and noticing a "gourmet" rice krispy treat that, at time, cost more than a 12-pack of soda.

Question

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:55:38 AM »

I rarely buy anything from Borders any more.  Most of the stuff I would buy from them, I can get online and for cheaper when special sales for that publisher are currently on.
Jim H

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »

I rarely buy anything from Borders any more.  Most of the stuff I would buy from them, I can get online and for cheaper when special sales for that publisher are currently on.

They're occasionally worth it when they have 40% off coupons.  A lot of the time though, even with 40% off, it is cheaper to buy them online.

I did buy a ton of my Zatoichi movies there, as their price was very good at the time ($15, and I was able to get 20-30% off, dropping them to $10-$12).  Still, I liked browsing the selection sometimes, so I'll miss it a little.  Hopefully they'll expand their smaller book selections - maybe expand the tiny books-about-film selection?
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:23:45 PM »

Nope, they also sell movies and music.  If you special order movies, they'll give you one price, then charge you another.  I special ordered the craptacular film The Killing Birds for $15, paid $25 for it, then wanted to kill every Borders employee I saw after watching the horrific piece of trash.  I told them I would no longer do business with them if they can't give their prices proper representation.  They said that the in-store prices vary from the ones shown on the computer screen.  Thinking that that was complete crap, I stopped special ordering movies there, and eventually just stopped shopping there period.  I get all I need from Hastings, and it's a better store anyway. 
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »

Joe,

I had similar problems with "special orders" only, in my case, they could NEVER get anything.  If you asked why, and pressed them for an answer, all they'd ever do is blame their distributor.  But what made me give up on them was the day the woman clerk went off on me when I asked her how they couldn't get a title when Amazon, which their URL directed you to at the time, and was thus their partner, could.

Maybe she'd been asked this several times that day.  Maybe other people were p**sed because of Borders incompetence.  But when you special order something and go into the store to check on it's status and get the run around you expect some sort of answer, not to have staff vent on you.  I don't care how bad the woman's day was that's unacceptable behavior.

I've literally WALKED OUT of the store with a 30% coupon in my pocket more times than I can count becuase I could get the DVD/BOOK cheaper up the street at BB or BN, at their regular everyday price.  That tells you something right there.  Which is one reason I'm surprised this retailer is still in business.  They have no respect for their customers, overcharge on EVERYTHING, and stock nothing but mass produced mediocrity.

Pilgermann

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »

I've literally WALKED OUT of the store with a 30% coupon in my pocket more times than I can count becuase I could get the DVD/BOOK cheaper up the street at BB or BN, at their regular everyday price.  That tells you something right there.  Which is one reason I'm surprised this retailer is still in business.  They have no respect for their customers, overcharge on EVERYTHING, and stock nothing but mass produced mediocrity.

I feel the same way about FYE, Suncoast, etc.  Unless they have some magical sale or cut-out bins (for CDs) then they're pretty much worthless, though I wouldn't say that having crappy prices is a show of disrespect.

I got a notice that one of the local Borders stores had all DVDs for 50% off so I stopped by just a while ago.  Pickin's were slim, but I found a copy of the out of print Anchor Bay Satanic Rites of Dracula/Dracula, Prince of Darkness, and it only cost a little over $10.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 12:55:15 PM »

I had similar problems with "special orders" only, in my case, they could NEVER get anything.  If you asked why, and pressed them for an answer, all they'd ever do is blame their distributor.  But what made me give up on them was the day the woman clerk went off on me when I asked her how they couldn't get a title when Amazon, which their URL directed you to at the time, and was thus their partner, could.

Maybe she'd been asked this several times that day.  Maybe other people were p**sed because of Borders incompetence.  But when you special order something and go into the store to check on it's status and get the run around you expect some sort of answer, not to have staff vent on you.  I don't care how bad the woman's day was that's unacceptable behavior.

That's pretty much why I buy virtually everything off Amazon these days.  It takes about as long as it would to special order, and the price is much cheaper (even with the shipping and handling).  I've never had a problem getting the stuff I ordered from them, but the least they can do is actually service the customer without making excuses. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Borders to Discontinue stocking multi media product? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.