Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:14:35 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Tribute to Fallen Sodas « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Tribute to Fallen Sodas  (Read 8198 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »

interesting.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 04:35:06 PM »

not to divert into the political arena,  but soda today is not what is used to be because it's made with corn syrup instead of sugar.  If you go to mexico or really any other country you can get real coke and I'm told it's superior.

I brought this up in another thread, and said that you could buy imported Coke made with sugar in the Mexican section of grocery stores, and I believe Susan told me that Mexico had gone the way of corn-syrup as well.  Not positive about that, though; maybe she'll see this thread and give us the full story.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 06:12:14 PM »

there is an amazing documentary called "king corn"  that is all about how there is corn in dmaned near everything we eat become of some government mandate that every last acrte in the world have corn growing on it.  it's totally unhealthy to say the least as is shown in great detail in the film
Susan
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 05:12:56 PM »

not to divert into the political arena,  but soda today is not what is used to be because it's made with corn syrup instead of sugar.  If you go to mexico or really any other country you can get real coke and I'm told it's superior.

I brought this up in another thread, and said that you could buy imported Coke made with sugar in the Mexican section of grocery stores, and I believe Susan told me that Mexico had gone the way of corn-syrup as well.  Not positive about that, though; maybe she'll see this thread and give us the full story.

true, i live in texas so we have the authentic mexican soda here but if you read the label..HFCS.

HFCS took over in the latest, some think "new coke" was a conspiracy to make the public forget the taste of coke with sugar so they could bring back classic coke months and months later with HFCS and nobody would be able to tell.  HFCS is cheaper and easier. It's dangerous stuff, it's in EVERYTHING. Seriously, go into your kitchen and try to find anything that doesn't have it. Ketchup, crackers, cereal, snacks, tv dinners. Nothing like having chemically engineered crap replacing sugar. And if that doesn't give you cancer than aspertame will

Jones Soda and Goose island still use real cane sugar.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2009, 08:11:37 PM »

Seriously, go into your kitchen and try to find anything that doesn't have it. Ketchup, crackers, cereal, snacks, tv dinners.

The first thing I looked at, Tequila, has no corn syrup. Jose Cuervo for the WIN! TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

It's officially a health food!

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »

Seriously, go into your kitchen and try to find anything that doesn't have it. Ketchup, crackers, cereal, snacks, tv dinners.

The first thing I looked at, Tequila, has no corn syrup. Jose Cuervo for the WIN! TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

It's officially a health food!

even if it isn't a health food, it's still a life saver....

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 11:04:24 PM »

It's good for the soul I tell ya'

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 06:29:46 AM »

Down in Dublin, TX, the Dr Pepper bottling plant still makes their soda with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar . . .  truly the ambrosia of the gods.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 08:08:22 AM »

The cola from Red Bull uses Sugar instead of corn syrup.  It's not that shabby but it's a bit too pricey a can of it.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46:35 AM »

Small | Large
Jim H

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »

From my understanding, SOME Mexican coke uses corn syrup, some uses sugar.  I know the grocery by me that I've bought Mexican coke from - it only listed sugar as an ingredient.  And it did taste sweeter, though the difference isn't enormous.  I think part of this, or maybe all of it, is because it was in a glass bottle.  They also had Coke from...  I think it was Sweden, and that also tasted different.

On another note, Mr. Pibb has apparently been replaced by Pibb Xtra, but they're basically the same.  Both taste like Dr. Pepper anyway.

Also, I believe there is a version of Mountain Dew that uses real sugar now.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »

there are corn subsidies and sugar tariffs.  there should be neither subsidies nor tariffs.  on anything
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 06:16:52 AM »

Also, I believe there is a version of Mountain Dew that uses real sugar now.

I know Pepsi released a retro version of Pepsi that uses real sugar for a limited time, so I will have to see if the store has it today and check it out.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 11:04:20 PM »

Still barely around, getting really hard to find... KICKAPOO JOY JUICE
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:15:56 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

Jim H

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 04:17:39 AM »

I just tried "retro" Mountain Dew.  It did taste noticeably different.  Sharper and crisper in sweetness.  It was good, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Tribute to Fallen Sodas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.