Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:31:58 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Top 10 Slasher and Giallo films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your Top 10 Slasher and Giallo films  (Read 17968 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 10:09:57 PM »

I think I need to see PIECES...

dont remember this thread but I have since acquired Pieces on DVD...pretty good, wouldn't put it top 10 though

'fraid I can't really agree with TORSO being that good. was disappointed when I saw it, might watch again just in case

giallo-wise Id probably say Deep Red and What Have They Done To Your Daughters both standing head and shoulders above all the others I've seen. 'Lizard In A Woman's Skin' is on my wishlist though. saw some clips on youtube and it looks excellent, even though I've seen some very dodgy Fulci films

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »

While not quite a giallo fan, here are my ten favourite slasher flicks (in no particular order):

1) Sleepaway Camp
2) Friday the 13th (1980)
3) Halloween (1978)
4) Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
5) My Bloody Valentine (1981)
6) Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
7) Halloween II (1981)
8) Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
9) Friday the 13th part II
10) Friday the 13th part III

Yeah, I know it's not a very cultured list in slasher terms. But whatever, those are my faves. Take 'em or leave 'em.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 03:34:37 AM »

In no particular order:
1. Friday the 13th part VI
2. Scream (1996)
3. Silence Of The Lambs
4. Halloween
5. Halloween H20
6. My Bloody Valentine
7. Suspiria
8. Nightmare On Elm Street 3
9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
10. Evilspeak
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:38:26 AM by retrorussell » Logged

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 05:35:29 AM »

Some that I don't see getting any votes-and rightfully so-
.DRIVE IN MASSACRE (1977)-I like BAD movies,but "bad" with a capital "B". This is Boring bad. Incidently the only name in this film is Buck Flower...and he is not listed in the credits.

.the DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (1982)-To start-this is one of the most borin....ing...(YAWN)....bor-bo-zzzzzzzz.....

.I DISMEMBER MAMA (1972)-Weird shmuck falls in love with 11 year old girl. And no Mama's get dismembered. Best thing about this drek is the title.

.3 On a MEATHOOK (1972)-Dam-with one of the best titles ever, I sooo wanted to like this film. Another Ed Gein based film...only deadly dull. I guess it deserves some kinda credit for making a movie about a cannabalistic serial killer sleep inducing.

Some that deserve honarable mention.....

.STRAIGHT JACKET (1964)-Bill Castle trys to be Hitchcock. Though he dosent quite have the skill do do THAT-he did make a fun movie! Joan Crawfords over the top dramatics make this one a keeper! And George Kennedy gets his head chopped off!!!  Smile

.DERANGED (1974) Anther Gein based film-but this one is much closer to the facts! And one of the BEST! I rate this right up there with PSYCHO and the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE! Roberts Blossum is TERRIFIC! He should got an Oscar. Really. (If you will recall-Blossum was the creepy old man with the shovel in the comedy HOME ALONE).

.The GORE GORE GIRLS (1972)-The last film by the infamous HG Lewis, has some of the most disgusting (and most amatuerish) gore ever put to cellioud. And it's got Henny Youngman! And a feh detective! And it's (Bela help me!) funny.

.TRUTH OR DARE? (1986)-Tim Ritter's shot on video anti masterpiece is bloody,weird,and hilarious! As is Ritter's....
.KILLING SPREE (1987)!

.REAL KILLERS (1996) When I picked this up at a yard sale-I wasn't expecting much. But was quite surprised! No classic-but the twist (SPOILER ALERT)
of the serial killers breaking into the house of a whole family of serial killers was lotsa fun!

Clip from DRANGED-"I know I can trust her-she's fat! She's fat!"

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »

My top 10 slashers (in no particular order) are:

Slumber Party Massacre
Sleepaway Camp 2
Silent Night, Deadly Night (I almost gave it to part 2 for sheer cheese)
Graduation Day
The Initiation
Friday the 13th Part V (yeah, I know everyone hates this one, but I love it - despite the ending!)
Slaughter High
Killer Workout (Aerobicide)
My Bloody Valentine (original)
Hide and Go Shriek

You can probably tell that I like cheese in my slashers!  This was off the top of my head, and I'm sure it could change at any minute, but this seems pretty good...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 02:03:37 PM »

There's a few mentions of Slumber Party Massacre on this thread.  I thought the sequal was much more entertaining.  It doesn't make sense, but it's more fun. 

For a top 10, I'd have to think about it some more.  There's just so many good ones.  I do have a soft sport for the cheesier slashers though.

Slashers and Jack-O are personal favorites. 
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »

The Burning
Slumber Party Massacre
Slaughter High
Halloween
Friday The 13th
My Bloody Valentine
April Fool's Day
Deep Red
Silent Night Deadly Night
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

retrorussell

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 03:18:30 PM »

.DRIVE IN MASSACRE (1977)-I like BAD movies,but "bad" with a capital "B". This is Boring bad. Incidently the only name in this film is Buck Flower...and he is not listed in the credits.

.the DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD (1982)-To start-this is one of the most borin....ing...(YAWN)....bor-bo-zzzzzzzz.....

Gotta agree with you RC.  Especially DRIVE IN MASSACRE.. that's got to be the worst ending I've ever seen.  Everyone in the theater had to be supremely insulted.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
RockMonster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 12:39:47 AM »

Gotta agree with you RC.  Especially DRIVE IN MASSACRE.. that's got to be the worst ending I've ever seen.  Everyone in the theater had to be supremely insulted.
No way, the ending was great!  a good example of the campy, fun gimmicks that went with many of the Drive in Movies back then!

My Top 10, in no particular order:

The House on Sorority Row
Prom Night
Sleepaway Camp
Friday The 13th
Terror Train
My Bloody Valentine
Nightmare (1981)
Tourist Trap
Black Christmas
Cheerleader Camp (had to throw that one in there BounceGiggle)
retrorussell

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 06:58:05 PM »

No way, the ending was great!  a good example of the campy, fun gimmicks that went with many of the Drive in Movies back then!
Uh.. maybe in the 50s or early 60s.  Audiences deserved better by the late '70s.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Top 10 Slasher and Giallo films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.