Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:27:35 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Billy Bob Thornton's Bizarre Radio Interview « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Billy Bob Thornton's Bizarre Radio Interview  (Read 5895 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: April 09, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »

This is just hilarious. Billy Bob Thornton and his band, The Boxmasters, appeared on CBC Radio's entertainment show, "Q," yesterday, and just completely lost it. First, he's answering every question with "I don't know what you're talking about," then he's rambling on about Famous Monsters of Filmland, and then he throws a hissy fit because the host mentioned his film career in the introduction, which was apparently his beef all along. The host, for his part, stayed remarkably composed as Billy Bob complained about Canadian audiences being too reserved and threw out non-sequiturs about designated smoking areas and gravy. Then, when it's time to play the musical number, the band plays without him, because he didn't feel like carting his drums around that early in the morning. I don't know if he was stoned or exhausted or just crazy. It was bizarre.

Here's the YouTube link:
Small | Large
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:48:19 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 04:53:59 AM »

Was he pulling a Joaquim Phoenix?  Lookingup

How lame.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09:44 AM »

Well Andy, that's about as interesting as reading the ingredients on a box of Hamburger Helper TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 06:12:16 AM »

Odd.

Incidently,here's the cover of the FAMOUS MONSTERS mag that had the model kit contest...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:04:18 PM »

This is continuing to amuse, as Billy Bob gets the backlash.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/616601

And the parodies start to appear.
Small | Large

---------------------
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »

It's funny seeing this again.   I went to High School with this twerp and somebody posted to the link to this on our graduating class's reunion forum for us to discuss. There were couple of defenders including Lisa Cone, the first love he mentioned, who gave the "he's an artist" defense  for his dickhead behavior.

He never comes back here any more and told one interviewer that he is a Californian now and basically doesn't care about the place he grew up.

I don't care much for "stars" that set down rules with producers about what you can ask them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:41:20 PM by Trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:23:47 PM »

Looks like he couldn't take the heat after insulting Canada and getting booed at the concert.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/616937

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 06:53:07 PM »

Looks like he couldn't take the heat after insulting Canada and getting booed at the concert.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/616937

BounceGiggle Just keeps getting better and better.

And what really speaks volumes about the man is that he can't just admit that he screwed up. Just say "Sorry, it was early in the morning, we've been working pretty hard, I don't know what got into me." That is so easy. Instead, he keeps blaming Ghomeshi, acting all smug and talking as though Canadians are wrong for taking offence at his remarks. Then he just hightails it out of the country because of a sudden and convenient case of the flu.

And the odd thing was that he was getting asked about his music when he flipped out in the first place. All Ghomeshi was doing in the intro was acknowledging that yes, this is THE Billy Bob Thornton. It would have been pretty confusing if there had been no mention of that.

What the YouTube video doesn't have is the following guest making fun of Billy Bob in his interview.

So, does he have a reputation for being difficult? I wasn't aware of anything, but now that I think about it, I don't really pay any attention to what he's doing unless he's having a meltdown on a radio show I actually listen to. Can't say I've cared much for anything he's done since Sling Blade.

---------------------
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »

To me, the worst part of that performance was that he embarrassed his fellow band members.  Then again, they got exposure from associating with him that they wouldn't have otherwise, so they probably have no room to complain.

Didn't Billy Bob used to wear a vial of Angelina's blood around his neck?  What a fruitcake.  SLING BLADE was great, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 12:54:46 AM »

To me, the worst part of that performance was that he embarrassed his fellow band members.  Then again, they got exposure from associating with him that they wouldn't have otherwise, so they probably have no room to complain.

Didn't Billy Bob used to wear a vial of Angelina's blood around his neck?  What a fruitcake.  SLING BLADE was great, though.
And she wore his... yech.  Another dingbat who got too much attention and unfailingly makes an ass of himself. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 08:51:23 AM »

To hell with what ever dumb ass agreement they had. The guys an actor people know him for that. I understand that he didn't want to make a big thing about it, but don't be an ass hole if the guy brings it up. I think the interviewer was very professional with the way he dealt with Billy Bob.

Smells like popcorn and shame
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 09:02:47 AM »

I have no idea what this thread is about?

but I would like to point out hat when I was seven, I won a xmas pudding in a raffle.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 05:05:01 PM »

I think he's a strange man, odd marriage to Angelina Jolie included in that, drastic weight losses, etc. but you know, he was in some clubs down in Austin a few years ago while he was filming a movie and was always approachable and cool with anybody who struck up a conversation with him, not weird or snobby or any of that, always ready to talk music, the weather, whatever. He even did some guy a favor by walking past his table and saying hi to him by name, because earlier the guy asked him to in order to impress his date, who immediately thought he somehow knew Billy Bob. Funny moment. Who knows. Maybe the interview was an act, maybe he took issue with the format of the Q&A session. In that clip he comes across as a slightly crazed jerk, though.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Billy Bob Thornton's Bizarre Radio Interview « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.