Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:43:56 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  InformationGeek Looks at Mortal Kombat: Annihilation « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: InformationGeek Looks at Mortal Kombat: Annihilation  (Read 2972 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: April 10, 2009, 02:45:18 PM »

It's video game movie month for me like I mentioned previously and here's my next review.  I did previously say I was going to look at Resident Evil: Degeneration, but I'll need to obtain a better copy of the film.  The one I have won't work enough for me to do a review on.  Anyways, after watching Nostaglia Critic's review on the film, I decided to keep an eye out for it.  I manged to get a copy... 3 months ago and I have been dreading watching this for a long time, but now came the day for me to watch the film.  I believe it lives up to the number 5 spot in GameTrailers' Worst Video Game Movies of All Time and it sure was worst then DOA.  So, here it is, my review on the movie.  Enjoy.

http://informationgeekreviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/movie-review-mortal-kombat-annihilation.html

My next review should be on either Silent Hill or Street Fighter (Not the new one).

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Protagonist
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:01:36 AM »

I actually enjoyed this movie, as it does stick pretty well to the games story.

The reason I liked the film I think was because it tried to include appearances by most of the series' best characters. Sektor and Cyrax I particularly enjoyed.

The film is, narrative wise, all over the place, and I do think that Christopher Lambert is a far better Raiden than James Remar, but that still didnt stop me enjoying the film. The problem most people seem to have is the somewhat detached fantasy nature of this film, as opposed to the originals small-cast, dark-mood, and tighter narrative.

Im just looking forward to the first one, and I hope they include Kurtis Stryker - played by Ryan Reynolds.
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »

The reason I liked the film I think was because it tried to include appearances by most of the series' best characters. Sektor and Cyrax I particularly enjoyed.

At the risk of starting one of those silly arguments you see on IMDB where one person likes a film that another doesn't, I kinda didn't like the film for this very reason. It seemed like they were desperately trying to include as many characters as they could into the film, at the expense of, well, character, plot, logic etc.

Still, it passes 90 minues, which is more than I can get from an MK game lately (even one with Batman and The Joker in) and it is more faithful to the games than other movie adaptations of games that I have seen.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:30:35 PM »

Cool piece, I'm actually planning a video game roundtable in August between myself and a few other sites.  These movies are usually chock full of awfulness.  I'll have to read your review of SF when I'm done reviewing it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »

Cool piece, I'm actually planning a video game roundtable in August between myself and a few other sites.  These movies are usually chock full of awfulness.  I'll have to read your review of SF when I'm done reviewing it. 

Really?  Cool!  I'd love to be apart of that.  I'll be sure to submit something brand new that I won't look at this month.  Maybe a review on Postal... ugh Uwe Boll movie...

Anyways, I hope you'll like the Street Fighter review when it comes out.  It'll be the first time for me to actually watch that movie.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »

Wecome aboard friend.   Thumbup  I'll PM with all the necessary information (banners, link pages) when we grow near.   Oh and god speed on the SF movie. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 09:35:15 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  InformationGeek Looks at Mortal Kombat: Annihilation « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.