Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:48 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Puked Lately? « previous next »
Poll
Question: When was the last time you puked?
Today! - 3 (10.7%)
within the last month - 4 (14.3%)
at least 6 months to 1 year ago - 10 (35.7%)
over 1 year ago - 7 (25%)
over 5 years ago - 2 (7.1%)
over 10 years ago - 1 (3.6%)
puking is for wussies! - 1 (3.6%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Puked Lately?  (Read 10715 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 08:09:26 AM »

I puked about 6 months ago.  Almost puked the other night.  Sometimes if I eat something an hour or two before bed and lay a certain way, I get awful indigestion.  If I'm lucky it will pass, if not I'll be puking well into the morning hours. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 08:19:13 AM »

The last time I had a throat straining, underpants constricting hurl of all hurls (three, one after the other and then the dry heaves and then, brown stains on the lilywhite underpants) was in Bloemfontein in July last year. It was a Saturday and my day went like this:

I had breakfast at 07h00.
I took my colleague to the airport at 08h00.
She left at 10h00 and I went back to the hotel.
I had several film screenings that day.
Aside from breakfast, I ate nothing.
At 18h00, I had dinner.
All i had was a steak, fries (or chips as we call them here) and a nice cold Coke.

At 20h00 I was in so much agony, I couldn't stand up straight or walk correctly.
Called the front desk, the medics came within 20 minutes.
Before they came, I projectile vomited into the toilet three times, each time spewing up chunks of what looked like rotten meat.
Luckily I remembered to take my teeth out or I would have had a plumbing problem too.

The paramedics took me to the hospital and I spent an hour on a saline IV.

Not pleasant, I can tell you.

I have to go back to that hotel in July this year.......  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 08:25:14 AM »

My last time was about a year ago, and it was probably botulism from a pork dish at a restaurant.  Don't think I've ever had that before; it is a miserable thing to get.  Along with the gastrointestinal issues, you get some toxic effects like vertigo and an impairment of higher functions.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 09:09:36 AM »

Hmmm... after work christmas party went out after and 'did the business' on some small stairs going up to the bathroom.  It was quite tactical actually in that it happened to be a moment when nobody was looking, and allowed me to continue on drinking.  I feel quite terrible about it however and deliberately left a big tip upon leaving to make myself feel morally better.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »

Wow a whole thread full of TMI (too much information) about my fellow bad movie lovers! Does it get any more companionable than that?

It's been so long for me I can't remember, unless you count coughing really hard after a big meal so some comes back on you. I don't think that counts. Whenever it was, it would have had something to do with illness. I do get headaches with nausea, sometimes pretty bad nausea, but never enough to actually put me over the edge for some reason.

I used to get motion sick as a kid, when reading on buses. For some reason that went away. I don't even get seasick, apparently.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 10:32:51 AM »

Can't remember the last time for sure, but I do know that I hate puking.  My body functions seem to violent in nature, whether it's sneezing, coughing or throwing up.

I hate throwing up because it feels like someone is trying to pull my nuts up through my esophagus.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Raffine

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »

Wow a whole thread full of TMI (too much information) about my fellow bad movie lovers! Does it get any more companionable than that?

When this discussion runs its course how 'bout a "Your Worst Case of Diarrhea" thread?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »

The absolute worst for me was in Aruba.  The wife and I went on a snorkling adventure and had (and I take full responsibility for myself on this) egg salad they were serving.  That night she started and I just figured it was her weak stomach acting up.  One hour later, I was double ending all night long.   Luckily this was at the end of the vacation because it literally took me about 3 weeks to get my body back up to par. 

All I know is I will NEVER eat egg salad again unless I make it.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Hammock Rider

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »

My 2nd worst puke story was when i drank a ton at one of my first "grown-up" weddings. I also ate a bunch of broccoli. wish I would have chewed that broccoli a little more.

But my worst puke story was when the 17 year cicadas were coming out of the ground, years ago. I worked at a zoo and every department had their own softball team. After a game we all went to the bar and I noticed a bunch of guys from the grounds crew had a paper grocery bag on their table and they were poppinig something from it into their mouths and washing it down with a full beer. Turns out they had a bag-ful of cicadas. I joined in the fun and downed about 20 cicadas chased with 20 beers.
  I did drive home on my own(you kids of today know better) and calmly parked my car, got out and walked straight to the garden, where I bent over and ralphed up all 20 beers, every drop AND all 20 cicadas, wings, legs antennae, everything. The worst part was that the legs and wings and head kept sticking in my throat or clogging my nostrils so I had a bit of a vomit log jam situation. Lived thru it thought, and learned one IMPORTANT lesson: Drinking and insectivoring DO NOT MIX. Thumbdown
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:07:45 PM by Hammock Rider » Logged

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

Good to know I'm not the only insectivorous one here -- though I've never gotten around to eating cicadas...my understanding though is that they can taste like asparagus? Fried crickets are my personal favorite. 

I chundered this morning.  One might suspect that this would have something to do with having sweet and sour chicken and pork-fried rice for dinner, and a couple hours later (having eaten the Chinese while on a date, and meeting up with some bar-bound friends after taking the lady home) having beer and chili cheese fries at a local bar before going to bed.  But apparently not -- all I expectorated was stomach acid and mucus that had leaked from my congested sinuses down into my digestive tract. 

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »

Been a looooong time...
Here's a nice puke story. In about 1991...on Christmas Eve,somebody gave me a jug of home-made wine. A buddy stopped over with a 5th of Whiskey that night,and me and him drank that whole gallon of wine AND the 5th. I had eaten a ham dinner before I started drinking. I woke up the next morning knelling on the floor with my head resting in my LAY-Z Boy...with big ol' chunks of ham and boiled potatoes dried up in my hair and on the chair seat.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »

RC wins the grossout award!!!

Virtual Karma!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »

Been a looooong time...
Here's a nice puke story. In about 1991...on Christmas Eve,somebody gave me a jug of home-made wine. A buddy stopped over with a 5th of Whiskey that night,and me and him drank that whole gallon of wine AND the 5th. I had eaten a ham dinner before I started drinking. I woke up the next morning knelling on the floor with my head resting in my LAY-Z Boy...with big ol' chunks of ham and boiled potatoes dried up in my hair and on the chair seat.  Bluesad

Well, at least you had something close by to eat when you woke up . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 01:59:31 PM »

When this discussion runs its course how 'bout a "Your Worst Case of Diarrhea" thread?

I have a bit of fodder for that one.  Wink Thumbup

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 03:23:06 PM »

last night. I will never eat cold ham and shrimp pizza ever again....
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Puked Lately? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.