Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:37:38 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Puked Lately? « previous next »
Poll
Question: When was the last time you puked?
Today! - 3 (10.7%)
within the last month - 4 (14.3%)
at least 6 months to 1 year ago - 10 (35.7%)
over 1 year ago - 7 (25%)
over 5 years ago - 2 (7.1%)
over 10 years ago - 1 (3.6%)
puking is for wussies! - 1 (3.6%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Puked Lately?  (Read 10906 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »

last night. I will never eat cold ham and shrimp pizza ever again....

Off topic for a moment-Wortcov: What the hell is that creepy looking thing in your avatar picture?! Looks like a...a grasshopper man or something...!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »

Off topic for a moment-Wortcov: What the hell is that creepy looking thing in your avatar picture?! Looks like a...a grasshopper man or something...!  Buggedout

I think it's the alien from the movie Xtro.
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 01:19:08 PM »

I just puked..it mostly came from my nose...
I have no idea why. Buggedout
Well, maybe I ate something...
UPDATE:Damn, it smells...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 01:21:16 PM by Cthulhu » Logged
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »

OK, on the weekend, I didn't puke, but sure felt like it was a possibility.

It started when my in-laws arrived just before the Easter weekend. Among the stuff they brought was a frozen, unbaked apple pie from a grocery store. I had dessert pretty well covered, so we didn't use it. Somebody put it in the crisper of the refrigerator, rather than in the freezer. Cut to last weekend. I notice the pie and figure I'd better bake it before it goes bad. I do, and let it cool in the fridge overnight.

Here's where the fun begins. Rowan and I are looking for a snack the following day, so I cut a couple of pieces of pie. While she's fiddling with her fork, I take a big bite of mine and notice it tastes funny, kind of musty. Actually, it tastes very musty, almost like dirt. I lift up the top crust of the pie and find a solid layer of mould. I'm talking thick, fuzzy, bluish-grey fungus. Thankfully it was at least baked, so I assume it was dead, but no telling what toxins it might have had in it. I quietly scooped up Rowan's piece before she ate any, explaining that it was no good (I had to promise her we'd bake another pie the following day), and tossed it all in the garbage.

So, for the next hour or two, I walked around with a semi-queasy feeling, surprisingly not too bad. My stomach started to ache for a bit. I don't know if that was real or psychological. For the first couple of minutes, though, I was sure vomiting was a serious possibility, if not an appropriate course of action. I suppressed it, figuring a little mould (actually a lot) wouldn't hurt me, and even more concerned about tasting it again coming up.

Grossest thing to happen to me in a long time, by far.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Javakoala
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 05:19:57 PM »

Last time  I puked was a few months back.  My favorite bartender of all time made me a Long Island Iced Tea.  Fantastic.  It tasted so good that I asked for another.  By the time I finished the second, I was feeling pretty good and figured I could handle another.  I sat there for a while after the third, and figured I was already on the way to being drunk so, what the hell? I think somewhere in the middle of the fourth Iced Tea, I became possessed or stupid or both. I asked for a fifth. My lovely bartender looked at me and said, "Are you sure?" "Why not? It isn't like I'm driving, right?"

I've drank a fifth of Jack Daniels once and thought I could NEVER feel that messed up again. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it home and was still feeling pretty upbeat. I sat down at the computer and started chatting with a friend. Suddenly the sides of the room switched places and took my stomach along for the ride. Then the room started rolling like the house in "Twister".

I remember thinking, "I don't remember eating THIS much throughout the entire DAY!" Then I woke up a couple of times because some jackass was moaning and crying. Funny how he stopped when I woke up.

Woke up at 7 the next morning, hungry as hell and rode my bike to the far side of town to eat a HUGE breakfast at McD's and see my beautiful love of life.

I'm doing good to down two beers in an evening after that. Puking makes me sick.
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 01:27:28 PM »

Wortcov: What the hell is that creepy looking thing in your avatar picture?! Buggedout
I don't know, found it from one of the avatars you could chose from the forum  TongueOut
anyway...got a quite nasty stomach bug between the 15 and 17th, but the weird thing is that I was feeling better then ever on the 16th, but woke up 2 in the morning the 17th and was sick like a dog.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »

I very rarely puke. I just can't bring my self to do it, its so unpleasent. I usually don't get sick and probably went for a good 5 years with out puking until the last few years when I moved out of my parents house. My mothers a clean freak and living in a close quarters much less unsanitary enviroment got me really sick. Luckly this year I managed to avoid the flew or food poisoning.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »

Last month when I was really ill. I had a very bad bug, so for a change it wasn't brought on by obscene leves of drinking.  TeddyR I hate actually puking, but it kinda feels good when it's over. Like you have survived something horrific, with just a bit of a sore throat to show for it. 

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »

Last month when I was really ill. I had a very bad bug, so for a change it wasn't brought on by obscene leves of drinking.  TeddyR I hate actually puking, but it kinda feels good when it's over. Like you have survived something horrific, with just a bit of a sore throat to show for it. 

There is a definite sense of relief afterward, especially if you have a bad stomach ache and nausea for a couple of hours beforehand. Funny, I always try to keep it down as long as I can to avoid that minute or so of pain and discomfort, but when it's over, I'm very glad.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Puked Lately? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.