Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:29 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Observe and Report (2009) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Observe and Report (2009)  (Read 2403 times)
Pennywise
Bad Movie Lover

The clown banned in 51 states!

« on: April 13, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »

I saw this today and it was a very dark comedy. This is a departure for Seth Rogen, who usually plays more likeable guys.

Ronnie Barnhardt (Seth Rogen) is the head of security at a mall. He keeps the peace at the mall and believes himself to be the authority there. When a flasher exposes himself to female shoppers in the parking lot, Ron sets out to catch the guy. He's quite a dedicated mall cop. He's also a racist, delusional, violent thug. Things get more complicated when the flasher comes back and exposes himself to the ditzy makeup counter girl, Brandi (Anna Faris).

An actual policeman is brought in, Detective Harrison (Ray Liotta), who tries to conduct an investigation when on top of a pervert flashing women the mall gets robbed after hours. Ronnie is galvanized now and applies to become a policeman. It doesn't work out obviously, since Ronnie stopped taking his medication recently, believing that his life was beginning to get better. When Ron decides to go undercover in the mall where everyone knows him to catch the pervert, things go awry, leading to a brutal confrontation with the actual police...

This is actually like a dark comedy version of Taxi Driver complete with a sinister ultimatum that Ron talks about in an internal monologue that could have been much more violent since we see Ron at a shooting range doing well at target practice early in the film. Instead it leads to a brutal conclusion after a startling amount of full frontal male nudity for a theatrical film near the end.

This film is bizarre and darkly hilarious.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:43:13 PM »

I wanna see this, if anything, because it's supposed to be dark.  I love Seth, so I'm kinda glad to see him sorta stepping out of that 'box' he's in.  Kinda like what Jim Carrey did in '96 with The Cable Guy, which was a bit darker of a film for him.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »

Sounds like an interesting change of pace for Seth although I'm not necessarily looking forward to full frontal Rogen.(or...gasp..Liotta!)

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pennywise
Bad Movie Lover

The clown banned in 51 states!

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 11:41:42 PM »

It's someone else who goes full frontal in this film.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Observe and Report (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.