Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:33:43 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Space Mutiny « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Space Mutiny  (Read 60108 times)
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »

"James is a good friend of mine (as was the late Ivan Hall who directed these two) and those two films are safely in the care of the place I work for. I know Kill & Kill Again is freely available on DVD locally but I'm not sure about Kill or Be Killed a.k.a. Karate Olympia. The SA company MNet owns rights to both these films which means that sooner or later, DVDs will be available."

You are now officially one of the coolest people I have ever heard of! Please tell James I said "hi!" I love the two Kill movies.
Cindylover1969
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »

Trevor, why do you think I said "the late '70s/80s"? That was then, this is now, and you can't change the past.

Sorry if my post annoyed you, but that's the way it is. We now return to laughing at awful movies.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »

A little internet searching and here are all the names from the MST3K epsidoe.
Slab Bulkhead
Fridge Largemeat
Punt Speedchunk
Butch Deadlift
Bold Bigflank

Splint Chesthair
Flint Ironstag
Bolt Vanderhuge
Thick McRunfast
Blast Hardcheese

Buff Drinklots
Trunk Slamchest
Fist Rockbone
Stump Beefgnaw
Smash Lampjaw

Punch Rockgroin
Buck Plankchest
Stump Chunkman
Dirk Hardpeck
Rip Steakface

Slate Slabrock
Crud Bonemeal
Brick Hardmeat
Rip Sidecheek
Punch Sideiron

Gristle McThornBody
Slake Fistcrunch
Buff Hardback
Bob Johnson
Blast Thickneck

Crunch Buttsteak
Slab Squatthrust
Lump Beefrock
Touch Rustrod
Reef Blastbody

Big McLargeHuge
Smoke Manmuscle
Beat Punchbeef
Pack Blowfist
Roll Fizzlebeef

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
John Syverud
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 08:09:32 PM »

Jesus, I  don't think you've ever written a longer review about anything EVER.  But on the other hand, there are few films that could generate more discussion.

This is a FAVORITE bad movie of mine.  I've watched it multiple times.  Even shared it with my second cousins (6-14 y.o.) and they ALL got a laugh out of it.

Incidentally, if you look up the director's credits, you will see he directed the magnificent (and mildly more competent) David-Carradine-looking-drunk-and-wearing-a-futuristic-powerglove flick Future Force and, more intriguingly, was the choreographer for the Star Wars Holiday Special.  If you've seen the "choreography" in the Star Wars Holiday Special, you know this is a damn special credit.
LLL
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »

I've seen the MST3K version several times and one of my favorite riffs is when they make fun of Kalgan's name, referencing the Calgon line of products' catchphrase "Calgon take me away" by saying "Kalgan, blow me away" when he shot someone.  BounceGiggle
JPH
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »

Buff Tanktop... Beefy McBeeferson.... John Bigbulkbody..... Huge McFridgerson...... Flex Armstrongson...... Lift Bulkflankberger...... Big R. McBigberger.... Okay, I think I'm running out of 'em...
peter johnson

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

While they don't show him as such on IMDB, David Winter -- of A.I.P., the same company that released ROBO-C.H.I.C. -- was a co-producer on Robo-mess.  I've never seen this -- though now I must -- but when I read about them using an abandoned factory for the spaceship, it took me back -- much of the "lab" sequences & etc. were shot in an abandoned sheep-rendering plant for ROBO.  I was sort of hoping it was the same place, but we definitely didn't shoot anything in South Africa.  I read & re-read the cast & crew & production lists, hoping to see other names I'd know, but no luck.  I guess A.I.P. just acquired the US rights & that was probably the limit of their involvement.

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pulatso
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 10:28:59 PM »

Nice Bloom County reference! Bart Savagewoofer indeed!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 01:18:53 AM »

After getting angry, I must apologize to cindylover and also add one thing, aside from thanking Andrew for the great review:

The AIP referred to is not the revered American International Pictures that we all know and love but the company Action International PicturesBuggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gary Bowden
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »

A favorite MST3K episode from the sci-fi era..everything that makes a bad movie bad is in this:acting,effects,the sets;etc..I believe I read somewhere this was filmed in Africa in some warehouse.I think...What were they thinking when they made this? I know! They weren't..Still a fun movie to watch,with or without Mike and the bots..
Michael Briel
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 01:06:48 AM »

Oh my, yes - this is THE bad movie I *love* to show to people to explain to them what mst3k is all about (the show not being known here in Germany). Classic!

Not only is the rifftrack by Mike and the bots one of my absolute favourites ("Hold tight! We'll be reaching speeds of 3!"), the movie itself is ... stunning!

What the hell have they thought indeed!

One of the (many) bits that have me shake my head in disbelief is the ship's logo: Southern Sun -> SS, done in a flash rune design not at all dissimilar from the logo the Nazis used for their Schutzstaffel SS?!?! WHAT THE f**k?!?!

Add to that the name "Southern Sun" - the south, good old boys... KKK members... Maybe the ship was built by a Neonazi Übermensch cult from the Mississippi and the reason noone tells them that they still are inside colonized space is that ppl are glad they got rid of them. Pretty close to the Golgafrincham explanation... ;)
PNutHed
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »

I have never enjoyed a move review so much as I sit here with a throbbing head and tears running down my face. Thanks for that.

While I never saw the MST3K version (now I'm dying to), I was fortunate (?) enough to have caught this on late-night cable. I stuck with it because I recognized Reb Brown from Uncommon Valor (easily the best movie he has ever been in, definitely worth the rent) and I was soon stunned into submission.

If there is a single good reason for this movie to ever have existed, it's for that review. Thanks again.  Cheers

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »

Thanks to all, and this was a fun review to write (not all of them are).  I'd seen parts of the MST3K version years back, so I had to avoid it for all that time before writing the review.  Still, the Bloom County reference to Bart Savagewoofer might have been influenced by all of the manly names that the Satellite of Love crew flung at Reb Brown.

"Space Mutiny" also seems to be a good film to use when introducing people to really bad movies.  It's just as inept at "Manos," but stuff happens.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
annoymous
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »

Poor John Philip Law going from super spy Diabolik to evil overplayed laughing villain Kalgan.
This is not the first time Reb Brown has messed up with his bad acting anybody remember Yor, the hunter from the future , I'm surprised he was in Uncommon Valor with Gene Hackman, Patrick Swayze good thing his character didn't survive that movie.
Bryan
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 07:27:31 AM »

WingedSerpent-

Thank you!  I wondered about all the names the MST3K guys threw out, but never thought of searching. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Space Mutiny « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.