Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:01:48 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  23 Upcoming Sequels You Didn't Know About... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 23 Upcoming Sequels You Didn't Know About...  (Read 9387 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: April 13, 2009, 08:40:46 PM »

taken from wanderingpeanut.blogspot. I'm assuming these are genuine...

-

The Brazilian Job: the follow up to Paramount’s US remake of The Italian Job is still on the cards, and it’s got a 2009 release date marked. Jason Statham, Mos Def, Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron are attached, as is director F Gary Gray.

I, Robot 2: All we know on this one is that it’s in the scripting stages still, with a potential 2010 release date planned in. No news on Mr Smith's involvement.

I Am Legend 2: Warner’s huge Christmas 2007 hit could also have a follow up, although it’d be interesting to see if Will Smith returned to it. A 2010 release date is also being mooted for this one.

Beverly Hills Cop 4:  If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why can’t Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, it’s not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.

National Treasure 3: Not a huge surprise, but as the Nic Cage Indiana Jones knock off franchise has proved to be quite a juggernaut, you’ll only have to wait until 2011 for the third film in the series.

Cars 2:  We spotted this on AintItCool – is Pixar really looking to make a sequel to its weakest film? Apparently so…

Toy Story 3:  This one, after lots of umming and ahhing, appears to be a goer. It won’t, as was speculated, be a straight-to-DVD affair, and Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are both expected back on voicing duties. It’ll be out in 2010.

Jeepers Creepers 3:  MGM is running the rule over a potential third instalment in the horror franchise, with director Victor Salva still attached. Hmmm.

Shrek 5: The fourth film was a no-brainer after the tepid third outing made so much cash. But a fifth instalment has also been confirmed. No wonder Shrek is the same colour as an American dollar…

Night at the Museum 2: Ben Stiller is returning for his most commercially successful role outside of the Meet the Parents franchise. We can wait. No news on the proposed Meet The Little Focker, though.

Crank 2: High Voltage: This is more like it. Crank is a guilty pleasure right up there with Snakes on a Plane, and it’s coming back for more. Shooting starts next month, for a 2009 release, and Jason Statham returns as Chev Chelios. As he should. <<< OUT NOW

Transporter 3:  Statham again. He’s making this too, and it’s in pre-production. Presumably, he’ll go from Crank 2 straight onto this. <<< OUT NOW

Super Troopers 2: A sequel nobody asked for! Hurray! Expect it in 2010, as it’s in the early writing stages still, we believe.

Silent Hill 2: Sony is looking at a follow up to the crap-but-popular video game adaptation. 2010 is the current slated release date.

The Descent 2:  We understand that Neil Marshall won’t be directed this one, which has the, er, working title of The De2cent. He’s attached as Executive Producer, with Jon Harris stepping behind the camera (he edited the first film, as well as the more recent Stardust).

The Grudge 3: Yup, it’s in pre-production now, for release next year. That’ll likely be the scariest thing about it.

Ice Age 3: 1st July 2009. That’s the date you’ll need to avoid if you want to miss the next Ice Age movie. Hopefully it’ll be better than the second one…

Ghost Rider 2: A surprise hit last year, Marvel is developing a follow-up to the Nic Cage comic book flick, and tentatively has 2009 marked for release. No director is thus far attached.

The Untouchables:  Capone Rising: A prequel to Brian De Palma’s cracking prohibition thriller of, er, twenty years ago. De Palma is back behind the camera, and the project is in the pre-production stages now.

The Thomas Crown Affair 2: Weird, this. It’s taken them ages to do a sequel, and then they draft in Paul Verhoeven to direct a follow-up to someone else’s film. Pierce Brosnan returns, and filming starts shortly.

The People Under The Stairs 2:  No sign of any Wes Craven involvement, though, and release may even be this year. Hmmm. We'd wager DVD will be its home.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor:  Er, that’s what they’ve called The Mummy 3, which is out on 1st August. Brendan Fraser and Jet Li star. <<< OUT NOW

Punisher: War Zone:  Ray Stevenson becomes the third person to play The Punisher on screen. You’ll be able to find out how he did on 12th September this year. <<< OUT NOW

Starship Troopers 3:  Marauder: Casper Van Diem is back, but it’s still going straight to DVD, as the p**s-awful second film did. It’s due out later this year.

Pink Panther 2:  Oh dear. And I’m a Steve Martin fan. It’s out on 13th February 2009. <<< OUT NOW

Ace Ventura 3:  No Jim Carrey though, and no chance of it seeing the inside of a cinema. Head to Blockbuster later in the year if you want to catch it. <<< OUT NOW

War of the Worlds 2:  The Next Wave: Another straight to DVD sequel, but this one’s of note because it’s directed by Soul Man/Hitcher star C Thomas Howell. Blimey.

Jurassic Park 4: It’s taken them ages to sort this out, but the latest is that Laura Dern is still attached, and that it’ll be released in 2009. Don’t hold your breath though, as shooting would need to start really very soon...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:09:43 AM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 08:51:07 PM »

taken from wanderingpeanut.blogspot. I'm assuming these are genuine...

Toy Story 3:  This one, after lots of umming and ahhing, appears to be a goer. It won’t, as was speculated, be a straight-to-DVD affair, and Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are both expected back on voicing duties. It’ll be out in 2010.

Jeepers Creepers 3:  MGM is running the rule over a potential third instalment in the horror franchise, with director Victor Salva still attached. Hmmm.

Night at the Museum 2: Ben Stiller is returning for his most commercially successful role outside of the Meet the Parents franchise. We can wait. No news on the proposed Meet The Little Focker, though.

Super Troopers 2: A sequel nobody asked for! Hurray! Expect it in 2010, as it’s in the early writing stages still, we believe.

Ace Ventura 3:  No Jim Carrey though, and no chance of it seeing the inside of a cinema. Head to Blockbuster later in the year if you want to catch it.
Toy Story 3- I'm actually looking forward to it.  I loved the first two.
Jeepers Creepers 3- I'm quite shocked, for various reasons.  The biggest is director Silva's past as a child molester.
Night at the Museum 2- I've heard this is in the works.  And it does appear the Fockers movie is too.
Super Troopers 2- First one was great.  I even have a friend nicknamed Chimpo due to it.  Reportedly, it'll be about the Troopers parents back in the '70s, played by the same actors.
Ace Ventura 3- I saw this on a rack at Best Buy.  I was shocked.  It's now called Ace Ventura Jr. and has a fat kid playing Ace's son.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »

Beverly Hills Cop 4:  If Die Hard can still do it at the box office, why can’t Axel Foley? Er, because the third BHC movie was crap, and a flop. Still, it’s not stopped development work going ahead on number four. No further news than that, though.
I actually like the third one.  Granted it seemed almost a, dare I say,  family friendly parody of the first two but I had no problem turning my brain off to enjoy it.  I think thats all the Axl Foley I can take though. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:26:24 AM »

Crank 2 just came out, and Transporter 3, Mummy: TotDE, and Punisher: Warzone are already on DVD, so they I doubt they qualify as "upcoming."   Twirling  Maybe when this blog was written, of course.

And the People Under the Stairs sequel has been in production for several years now.  People were talking about this early this decade when I was still a devout GameFAQs message board poster.  I'm sure they'll s**t-can it before long, as they did the Dog Soldiers sequel.

And replace Saw 5 with Saw 6.  Yeah, that's happening.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:28:04 AM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
dean

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 09:00:33 AM »

Transporter 3 has already played here, Pink Panther 2 is in cinemas now, and Night of the Museum 2 is almost out here too.  PP2 and Transporter 3 both got lukewarm reviews/responses from friends mistaken enough to watch it. 

Shame about War of the Worlds 2, that sounds like a great fizzer.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:54:39 AM »

Crank 2 just came out, and Transporter 3, Mummy: TotDE, and Punisher: Warzone are already on DVD, so they I doubt they qualify as "upcoming."   Twirling  Maybe when this blog was written, of course.

Transporter 3 has already played here, Pink Panther 2 is in cinemas now

oops...yeah I'm not too up on brand new stuff, but to be fair they talk about 2009 like its a while away in those descriptions...I'll alter those ones and Ace Ventura Jr happy gilmore pointed out, fair enough!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 10:08:20 AM by DCA » Logged

Hammock Rider

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »

Man I can't wait for Crank 2. It looks so over the top in a good way. It's almost like they're daring haters to see it.

I heard there's a Crank 3 planned where he gets a nuclear powered pancreas that gets sabotoged by the Yakuza and causes hypoglycemia, so he spends the movie running around stealing candy from babies whilst rescuing Amy Smart again. Me= Drink Drink

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
dean

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 10:55:20 AM »

Oh and I almost forgot: a radio station here is doing a great promo by unofficially screening Ace Ventura 3 as a big event.  This is a national broadcaster essentially trying to get as many B-grade Australian celebrities to attend their 'premiere' since they say that Ace Ventura 3, by going straight to dvd, is just ridiculous. 

Anything to point out the silliness of direct to video hollywood sequels of movies that have no semblence of their original [ace 3 incidentally stars Ace Ventura's 'kid'.]

What is it about Jim Carrey that spawns particularly reprehensible direct to video fodder.  Son of Mask, I'm looking at you here...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »

What is it about Jim Carrey that spawns particularly reprehensible direct to video fodder.  Son of Mask, I'm looking at you here...
Something about Jim not wanting to portray the same character twice.  He only did Ace Ventura 2 cause he helped develop the character/script of the first and didn't, at that time, wanna see another person portraying a character he helped create. 

Also, another bad Jim Carrey 'sequel' is the god-awful Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry met Lloyd.  The first was hilarious, played to the hilt by Jim and Jeff Daniels.  The sequel: too horrible to comprehend why they made it to begin with.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 01:00:14 PM »

Grudge 3 I saw advertised as coming to DVD from a Columbia House flyer.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 03:46:18 PM »

Interestingly enough, I have heard of all of them.  A sequel I'm sure no one knows about is Mortal Kombat 3.  Anyways, I don't believe Jurassic Park 4 is going to come out now that Michael Crition has died.  Wouldn't be the same without him working on it.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »

Interestingly enough, I have heard of all of them.  A sequel I'm sure no one knows about is Mortal Kombat 3.  Anyways, I don't believe Jurassic Park 4 is going to come out now that Michael Crition has died.  Wouldn't be the same without him working on it.
Mortal Kombat 3 has been in limbo for at least five years, maybe longer.  At one point they were talking to Trish Stratus (former WWE women's wrestler) about playing the role of Sonya Blade.  Robin Shou is supposedly gonna play Liu Kang again (dude's gotta be what, 40 something at this point?)

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »

Don't forget Ghostbusters III

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 05:06:22 AM »

Ghostbusters 3, just imagine all the things they could do with CGI now. has the potential to be great. (emphasis on 'potential')

BTW, turns out that original list was first posted on the net in June 2008. late?!?!....still a few things in there that have yet to see the light of day, however....

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  23 Upcoming Sequels You Didn't Know About... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.