Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:04:02 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  When did you join the Forum? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: When did you join the Forum?  (Read 14377 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »

Welcome, MilkMan - - I just gave you your first karma. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »

Thanks!  Smile
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 11:52:28 PM »

November 30, 2005, 10:55:58 PM.

I read one of Andrew's reviews, and I was laughing to myself, and reading more, laughing... reading reviews out loud to my wife.
I am not as deep into the seriously obscure stuff as many here, but I really enjoy the sentiment, and I think this is the best forum around.  There are some true characters here.  Susan appears now and again and posts some absolutely horrifying youtube link... RC manages to post obscure stuff with his sunny point of view (even though he lives in MICHIGAN which I know all about =)        Just a place full of great people.

99% of my posts don't have any badmovie street cred, but I enjoy the ambience nonetheless.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 12:03:28 PM »

August 2008, according to my profile. I forget how I got here. Probably it was a google search that brought me to me to one of Andrew's reviews. Then I forgot about it for a few months, then registered when I discovered the forum.

It might have been my search for a particular bad movie involving a housecat that brought me here, a movie which I still haven't found. My first message to the board was about that movie. I remember browsing the alphabetical list of reviews seeing which movies I knew were on the list.

It seems to me that the first time I came here I found "West Side Story" on the list of bad movies and I was heartily offended. Either that got deleted, or that was on another forum. At any rate, searching for that to try to confirm my memory eventually got me to this forum.
peter johnson

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 02:03:27 PM »

My computer literally caught fire awhile back, so there have been some huge gaps in my posting & reading here, plus I got very very angry once upon a time with a major annoyance -- no, not Menard -- who would take umbrage at ANYTHING anyone said to him even remotely negative (Squishy the Squid), so I dropped out for the better part of a year.  I think my first post would have been around '98 or '99, certainly not before.  My post count was lost about the time the hard drive fried, so I believe it may be twice what shows "officially" --

The old timer I miss the most is Oscar Goff, aka Vermin, who had his own Firesign-like comedy troupe and made CD's, etc.  Man, that guy could be as funny as Andrew on a good day!

Yeah, I too used to post over at Jobutu and Stomp Tokyo, but as has been said here, when you're already at the best, why go anywhere else?  Plus, I discovered that the folks who hang around the other sites are really only looking for a good flame-war or insult session, rather than sharing information and opinion.  I like a good insult as well as the next person, but when funny degenerates to nasty . . . well, life is short & why bother?

Re.  The "peter" reference:  I used to open my standup comedy act with the following:  "Yes, that's right, you heard right, my name really is "peter johnson", and that's very unfortunate because I grew up in a part of the South where both the word "peter" and the word "johnson' were synonymous for the same organ!  I grew up with things like "Peter Johnson?!?!?  Your name is Peter Johnson?!?!  Well sheeeett, boy, why didn't yo' mama call you "Dick Dick"!! -- (Makes hitting motions & ducking) -- "Aw c'mon Dad, cut it out!" . . . .

peter johnson denny the crane

I have no idea what this means.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »

January 8th, 2007: came over here after Gerry closed down scifilm.org's film forum and really most of the site (Dave Sindelar's classic movie of the day can still be found there though as well as on the Classic Horror Film Board). It was strange when I first came here but I did see a few familiar names I knew from Scifilm including Andrew himself, Menard, allhallowsday who also came from scifilm, BoyScoutKevin, Gerry himself and prolly a few others too (sorry if I've forgotten you). Honestly though I had been reading reviews and lurking on the old forum for years before I joined up here. Once I even posted on the old fourm but didn't stick around at that time as Scifilm and even the IMDB Horror board (now it's just awful) was pretty good at the time. I joined Stomp Tokyo too but like RC no one talked to me so I didn't stick around. I posted at Sinister Cinema and lurk at the Classic Horror Film Board and I have to give kudos to Dr. Abner Mality's Wormwood Chronicles (www.wormwoodchronicles.com) which is really a great site (highly recommended for metalheads and fans of the strange in general) and is run by probably my oldest internet buddy in the good Doctor himself.

I think I was a bit too ultra-serious when I first came here but I've mellowed and relaxed quite a bit and very much enjoy the fun atmosphere of this site. Like Andrew's reviews, this site makes me laugh daily and that's always a good thing.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »

plus I got very very angry once upon a time with a major annoyance -- no, not Menard -- who would take umbrage at ANYTHING anyone said to him even remotely negative (Squishy the Squid), so I dropped out for the better part of a year.

The old timer I miss the most is Oscar Goff, aka Vermin, who had his own Firesign-like comedy troupe and made CD's, etc.  Man, that guy could be as funny as Andrew on a good day!

I remember Squishy!
That dude had some serious anger management issues.
I got into it with him once or twice over some stupid petty thing that he took offense to.  Don't remember what it was.  All I remember was that it took next to nothing to set that guy off.

And Vermin...
That guy has completely abandoned Badmovies.org.  He's on my Myspace friends list and I know that he checks his Myspace regularly.
I've sent him a few messages asking him to come back and he just ignores me.
He doesn't seem to care.  That's too bad.  He was a fun person here on this board.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 08:26:38 PM »

December last year.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 10:04:25 PM »

I know I came here because Menard suggested us SCIFILM board members check it out.  Soon, Scifilm was gone, and a few stragglers found a home here.  I still miss the old SCIFILM board, but BADMOVIES is much more liberal, frankly.   Smile  Spring 2007...? My 2 year anniversary!   Smile
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:09:22 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 07:39:11 PM »

Not sure when I exactly joined. Ive had a couple screen names, but its probably been 5 years since I first started coming here. I love this site all people with as bad of taste in movies as me.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 07:38:23 AM »

December 2007.

I came across the site randomly while looking for information on  a film. Since then I've grown to care about a great deal of the members here. I have taken several leaves of absences from the site this year, always during circumstances and never by choice. I'm not sure if you would ever meet a closer group of people anywhere else on the web.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 10:17:49 AM »

I don't really remember when I joined, but I remember what the first thread I responded to was.  It was Kester Pekagius asking about who we would cast in big budget remakes of b-moives.  I had been visiting this sight for years prior, and finally decided to join in.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

I found the website... I suppose about in 2003 when I was in 5th or 6th grade.  I was just doing some random searching for the movie Squirm (I saw footage of it was being used in The Most Extreme and I got curious to see what the film was about) and I ended up here.  I liked most of the movies I found here because they were so unusal and different.  Then sadly I lost track of the website and I wouldn't find it again until the end of 2007 when Andrew redid his review on The Being.

Since then, I been watching for new reviews and enjoying them ever since.  I finally got interested enough when I found the forum in August of 2008.  I decided to join near the end of the month when he first put out his review of Shark Attack 3.  I believe that was the first thing I ever posted on.  Everything else is history.

P.S.

An interest in bad movies sure start young.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Susan
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »

November 30, 2005, 10:55:58 PM.

I read one of Andrew's reviews, and I was laughing to myself, and reading more, laughing... reading reviews out loud to my wife.
I am not as deep into the seriously obscure stuff as many here, but I really enjoy the sentiment, and I think this is the best forum around.  There are some true characters here.  Susan appears now and again and posts some absolutely horrifying youtube link... RC manages to post obscure stuff with his sunny point of view (even though he lives in MICHIGAN which I know all about =)        Just a place full of great people.

99% of my posts don't have any badmovie street cred, but I enjoy the ambience nonetheless.

You can't get rid of me..muahahaha

If you want to see horrifying you should see my obsession with making twilight trailers in my attempt to get a million views..LOL  Yeah it's worse than a rickroll
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »

I started posting in around 2003. Been here every since.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  When did you join the Forum? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.