Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:27:57 PM
714382 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you mind doing things alone? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do you mind doing things alone?  (Read 7106 times)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 06:18:20 AM »

I usually go out to eat by myself a good bit.  I usually only do this either during the week on my lunch break or on the weekends that my dad works.  I don't go dinner too much by myself anymore, as I will either go to lunch by myself or to breakfast by myself.  If I'm going to eat dinner by myself I will just get something to go and eat at home.  My dad thinks it is wacky that I like to do things by myself, but for me it's a chance as I put it "to clear my mind or think about items that are on my mind." 

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »

Despite the fact that I'm married, I find myself alone a great deal right now because my wife has taken an academic job 2 hours away in New York and stays up there in an apartment at least 4 days a week during the academic year. I get up there once during the week but it's too far for either of us to do a daily commute.

Anyway, that means I'm thrown on my own a lot. As I said earlier in this thread I enjoy restaurants alone, good food and a good book. I'll occasionally have the food in a bar too, which is fine as long as there's enough light to read. I don't enjoy noisy bars, never have. If I go to a bar, it's because there wasn't a table available or it's a place known for beer.

Actually I finally made to one of Philly's most famous beer places, Monk's, and much to my irritation the guy on the next stool wanted to start a conversation. So I ended up having to be sociable instead of reading. It was OK, he was an interesting guy, but I'm definitely an introvert. Conversation tires me out.

What I'm learning about myself is that I don't enjoy knocking around the house alone. Downtown, fine. Restaurants, great. Home, makes me restless and bored.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 05:25:25 PM »

I do almost everything alone lately....sometimes I like to be alone-but I sure miss my wife. I have my boys on the weekend-there supposed to be coming home permantly on June 17th...but the courts f#ck me over so much...I have little faith anymore. Sometimes I wonder why God hates me so. Or if He even exists. I feel like Karras in the Exorcist. I think I've lost my faith.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 05:56:04 PM »

I do almost everything alone lately....sometimes I like to be alone-but I sure miss my wife. I have my boys on the weekend-there supposed to be coming home permantly on June 17th...but the courts f#ck me over so much...I have little faith anymore. Sometimes I wonder why God hates me so. Or if He even exists. I feel like Karras in the Exorcist. I think I've lost my faith.

I bet you're a way cool dad !

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »

Thanks. I wish you were the juvinelle court judge. I've been raising my kids alone-with the exception of my 3 years with Tara-since their birth...and got complete custody in 1996. But I had a 'no alchohol' order over my household since Tara's son and her got into it when he was drunk. And I got caught drinking when a cop came over to my house to report he had found my kid's stolen bike....he smelt liquer on my breath...and took me to jail for violating a court order. I went to jail for 45 days...and CPS took my kids. Basterds. I wanted to go on a shooting spree of the court house. But that wouldn't have done my kids no good.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »

Don't feel alone, i lost my faith a really long time ago.

I hope things get better, i know i can't feel the void that has been brought upon you, but if i could, i would take it without a second thought.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »

Your a sweet heart.....if you ever end up in Michigan-I PROMISE-you have a place to stay. Bless yer heart.Don't take this as  immaterial BS. I'm serious. And no....I'm not a weird serial killer!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »

Your a sweet heart.....if you ever end up in Michigan-I PROMISE-you have a place to stay. Bless yer heart.Don't take this as  immaterial BS. I'm serious. And no....I'm not a weird serial killer!

We all care about you, mate.

You're like one of the famliy !  Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Javakoala
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »

Anyone who still has their collection of old monster movie magazines has a kind soul.  At least in my book. 

Glad to know you, RC, even if it is only through this forum.

And doing stuff alone is better because you don't have to answer a lot of questions.

"Why do you have so much duct tape and nylon rope? Why do you have hand-drawn blueprints of the neighbor's house? What are you about to do with that shovel in your hand?"  <KR-AAANG! thud>

Yeah, alone can be better....
ChuckSplatt
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »

I don't mind my lunchbreaks from work, driving to a different place and having my lunch in my car with my radio. I need a break from all the action at work. I enjoy having lunch with coworkers, but the problem is often they want to TALK ABOUT WORK or TALK ABOUT SOMEONE WE WORK WITH. To me a healthly lunchbreak is making sure to be COMPLETELY free from the subject of the work environment and office politics for an hour.

I'm a top producer at work and part of my secret is enjoying a break AWAY from work for an hour at lunch.

This is a great idea for a thread.  CHEERS!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 03:04:31 AM »

"Why do you have so much duct tape and nylon rope? Why do you have hand-drawn blueprints of the neighbor's house? What are you about to do with that shovel in your hand?"  <KR-AAANG! thud>

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you mind doing things alone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.