Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:46:27 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The Misfits « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Misfits  (Read 13179 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

I think Michale Graves is a good singer. In no way one of the best I've ever heard, but he brought something different to The Misfits, whilst fitting their style. I mean, he sounded nothing like Danzig IMO and it was '99 after all! Plus, he wrote "Dig Up Her Bones" when he was 16, so props to the dude:

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »

Wow that singer is terrible, the music is good, but that guy sucks.
Unfortunatly I didn't get into the Misfits until recently. I know I missed out on a iconic band growing up, rather regret that. But I have listened to a lot of there stuff, mainly just the albums with Danzig on them. Never cared for any of the newer singers. They all tried to sound like Danzig but they do a terrible job at it, should just do there own style of singing.
This guy does a much better Danzig impression
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHv3qO_Y8kk

That dude is pretty good.  Nowhere near as good as Danzig, but if you are able to find a copy of the '96 (I believe) album American Psycho by The Misfits (Hot Topic usually carries it), and listen, there's a bunch of decent songs on it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 10:55:06 PM »

Love the Misfits! I really think they're fantastic and I doubt I go through 3 days without listening to them. I do prefer the early Misfits with Danzig as lead singer but I've grown quite fond of Michael Graves stuff too...it does have a good fast energy about it. Plus almost all they ever sing about is B-movies!!!

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 05:41:30 PM »

Where as Glenn Danzig sounded like a Satanic Punk version of Jim Morrison, Micheal Graves had sort of an evil, creepy broadway voice, which was cool and went great with the music, both cats had real good range. I saw Gotham Road (Micheal Graves band) live in a club which used to be a strip-club, my friends band opened for them. He sounds just as great as he does on his recordings, had alot of energy and didn't tire out, it was a great show. 

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:45 AM »

Thumbup love everything up till Famous Monsters. Balzac is the best Horror Punk Band now and are actually on Misfits Records, and Gan-Shin in Germany.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:33:57 AM by SkullBat308 » Logged

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »

Thumbup love everything up till Famous Monsters. Balzac is the best Horror Punk Band now and are actually on Misfits Records, and Gan-Shin in Germany.

Karma for the Human Blood quote.  Great song.  I like Balzac too, but I don't think they are the best horror-punk band.  I used to think they were the best one besides the Misfits, but ever since they started releasing stuff on Misfits Records, it seems like every CD they put out sounds alike to the point where you really only need to own one of them.  I like their earlier releases from Japan much better.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:06:07 AM by the ghoul » Logged
SkullBat308
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »

I collect their stuff. They are actually putting out a new mini-album tomorrow, and it is waaay different than any of their other stuff, Barring Space Vampire in Silence Noise, as it is their new "Digital-Horrorpunk" sound. Should be good, if you like Mad Capsule Markets. It is being completely produced by one of their members.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:34:16 AM by SkullBat308 » Logged

The Human Blood keeps them alive, FOREVER

"Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous." - Lovecraft
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »

The Misfits (or as some now call them, the Jerry Only 'N' Friends Band) will be releasing a new album in October... cool cover art, as always. I just hope it's better than that godawful "Project: 1950" disc of doo-wop songs they released last time out...

(source: Blabbermouth.net)

MISFITS To Release 'The Devil's Rain' In October - Aug. 13, 2011

Seminal horror-punk band the MISFITS will release its new album, "The Devil's Rain", in October.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Devil's Rain
02. Vivid Red
03. Land Of The Dead (album version)
04. The Black Hole
05. Twilight of the Dead (album version)
06. Curse of the Mummy's Hand
07. Cold In Hell
08. Unexplained
09. Dark Shadows
10. Father
11. Jack The Ripper
12. Monkey's Paw
13. Where Do They Go?
14. Sleepwalking
15. Ghost Of Frankenstein
16. Death Ray

In 1977, at the dawn of the punk movement the MISFITS set out to make an impression, and created a legacy that has truly withstood the test of time. Immortalizing black and white B horror films in their music, the MISFITS developed a ghoulish and totally unique persona of their own that s consistently evolved over the years, while remaining true to its roots. The band s iconic "Fiend Skull" logo has become a staple in pop culture and an instantly recognizable symbol worldwide. Bands across the spectrum of rock have covered their material, including METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE and countless others.

Boasting a massive catalog of music old and new, a new lineup (consistently helmed by founding member Jerry Only), and an influence felt around the world, the MISFITS return with their long-awaited, first full-length release of all-new, original material in nearly a decade!

Rooted in the horror and sci-fi themes their audience craves, "The Devil's Rain" showcases 16 fiendish, soon-to-be MISFITS classics including "Twilight Of The Dead", "Dark Shadows", "Curse of the Mummy's Hand" and the title track itself. Produced by Ed Stasium (whose credits include the RAMONES' "Road To Ruin" and "Too Tough to Die", as well as the MISFITS 1999 release "Famous Monsters"), the album showcases a jaw-dropping, two-panel front/back cover painting featuring the rebirth of the band's iconic Fiend mascot in an epic setting rendered by Arthur Suydam (known for his immensely popular work on the Marvel Zombies series, among others). The packaging, designed to emulate a CD sized gatefold LP, also features some incredible new MISFITS portraits shot by the legendary Mick Rock. Rock's imagery (which includes David Bowie, Iggy Pop, QUEEN, Debbie Harry, and the RAMONES, to name a few), has become part of the very fabric of rock and roll. Having also served as an on-set photographer for cult-movie classic "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", Rock lends a perfectly suited eye to view the band s surrealistic and highly theatrical persona.

"The Devil's Rain" is not just a continuation of a historic legacy, it's a total reboot ushering in a new era of terror. In a sense, it's the debut album from the legendary MISFITS of this decade.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »

My opinions on The Misfits have changed over the years. I have an affinity for them now. Can't wait for the new cd.

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 11:43:02 PM »

Can't wait. As long as the sound is similar, it'll make a great soundtrack for me to draw to (that I haven't listened to over and over a thousand times already).
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 05:35:18 PM »

I was listening to demos from this new record the other day. I don't know how far off it is from 100% completion, but what I heard sounded like someone s**tting in a bucket. Fingers crossed I'm wrong....

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 01:17:34 PM »

Anybody ever heard the "Fiend Club Lounge" CD? It's a Lounge Music tribute to the Misfits performed by a swing/jazz group called the Nutley Brass. Most definitely the weirdest CD in my collection.

My review:
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Misfits-Meet-the-Nutley-Brass-FIEND-CLUB-LOUNGE-Misfits-RecordsRykodisc-2005

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 07:54:01 AM »

I've seen the Lounge one in stores, didn't pick it up yet.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 05:31:09 PM »

I like how some of their songs are B Movies! TeddyR

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 05:34:18 PM »

I like how some of their songs are B Movies! TeddyR

Some? It's like 90% of them!  Smile

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The Misfits « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.