Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:52:29 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The annual gardening thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The annual gardening thread  (Read 6537 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 07:31:29 AM »

Nice looking garden Darksider!

Our garden is doing great, it's hot and rains just about every day here.  I always have trouble with my peas, I've got tomato cages for them that are about 3' tall, and the peas grow a lot taller, tip over, and then all the stems are half broken off.  This year I made sure I bought peas that only grow 3' tall.  So yeah, they're about 5' tall now and tipping over.  Tons of flowers on them.  Carrots are about a foot and a half tall, I pull one up occasionally.  If you use a bit of imagination, the roots are somewhat carrot-shaped.  My bush beans are sending up feelers like they're pole beans or something.  We've got more lettuce than we know what to do with.  We're giving it away to our relatives every time we see them.  Already cut some rhubarb twice, wife made rhubarb crisp.  Yum  TeddyR  Tomatoes are growing nicely, the cherry tomato plant has quite a few tomatoes on it, but nothing close to being ripe yet.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2009, 08:03:41 AM »

I picked my first zuccinis yesterday.  Though a bit smaller than the norm, they were pretty good eating.  I'm still fighting off the rain bug as most New Englanders are doing nowadays.  I have to admit, I have been a bit luckier than many in my area.  My eggplant got swamed on by potato beetles.  Luckily my grandfather-inlaw had some powerful stuff to take care of the problem. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 09:09:21 AM »

We picked our peas yesterday, got quite a pile of them.  Had quite a pile of them for dinner last night  TeddyR  Tomatoes are growing nicely, though nothing close to being ripe yet.  Tore up the lettuce since it had grown rather large and my wife claims it gets bitter when it's that big.  Planted some new stuff a couple days ago.  My peppers aren't doing much though, just about a foot tall and not growing any more.  I want peppers!  Carrots are getting a couple of inches long, and the beans will probably be ready to pick in a week or so, once I remove all the pea plants that got 6' tall and fell over on top of them  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 12:21:36 PM »

I'm hoping for beans myself hopefully in the next few weeks.  They are growing nicely although i do have them in a rather soppy area.  Rain, like I said before is vicious out here lately.  The weeds are springing out full force but its a bit hard to work the land when you're sinking into it. 

DarkSider's Realm

Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 10:12:58 PM »

I was outside and found this monster (the zucchini not the kid).  It wa snot there two days ago, it spontaneously generated I'm sure of it.

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:19 PM »

I was outside and found this monster (the zucchini not the kid).  It wa snot there two days ago, it spontaneously generated I'm sure of it.

It spontaneously generated from mucus?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 04:08:07 AM »

Thats quite a healthy zuke Ed.  I find if you turn your back on those things they turn into baseball bats. 

My zukes are looking sad, my cukes and beans are almst dead and everything else is fair to good.  It's been a real rough year.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 06:27:06 AM »

Nice zucchini Edward!  Sorry, couldn't resist, since it's "just Ed" you know  TeddyR

Our garden is doing pretty well;  we picked all the peas, too many to eat actually.  Beans are doing okay, didn't plant too many but they're producing.  Tomatoes are finally getting ripe, I pick about 5 cherry tomatoes and 1 or 2 regular ones each day.  We (I) tore up all the lettuce since it was getting too big, then I replanted some new stuff and that's about ready to pick.  Carrots are ranging in size from 1/2" to about 5".  I suppose I should have spread them out a bit, the ones that have some room around them seem to grow quite a bit bigger than the ones that are packed together.  I've got a cowhorn pepper plant, I can't believe it hasn't tipped over because it's got peppers that are about 8" long, and it's just got a thin little stem.  But they refuse to turn red!

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »

My tomatoes, as pathetic as they are this year, are starting to turn.  Hopefully I'll have fresh salsa by next week.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The annual gardening thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.