Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:56:21 AM
714324 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Ever been to a film festival? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ever been to a film festival?  (Read 6501 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »

I haven't.  Kind of regretting never going now.  But to be honest, I'm not aware of any in the St. Louis area that cater to my kind of films.  Anyone know any?  I like a lot of stuff, but I'm not willing to go to a festival just to see a few interesting imports and art house films.  I want to go to see B-movies, foreign action films, underground horror, exploitation, that sort of thing - genre stuff.  It'd be worth it to meet like-minded people.

I've been thinking about trying to make a trip to Chicago, as I know there a few out there. 

Jim, that b-movie fest near Indianapolis in Spetember that RC and I were talking about would be closer to you than Chicago, I think. 

Are you talking about this one? 

http://www.bmoviecelebration.com/

If so, that is indeed closer than the city of Chicago.  About 50 miles closer, actually.  Looks like around a 5 hour drive.  Might be worth it, I'll have to see what the schedule is. 

Last year they had Lloyd Kaufman, Harry Manfredini, and Tom Holland as guests - pretty good ones, I think.

Yes, that's the one.  I wish they had the schedule up.  Last year they showed at least 50 B-movie classics, and perhaps 1-3 new films.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 12:04:41 AM »

They have the River's Edge Film Festival here, mostly low budget independent stuff, occasionally one will be good.

MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 12:18:27 AM »

I've been to many/most  of the local film festivals here in Portland. I've never been to a major one like cannes or sundance. I have submitted a short to sundance... I have my rejection letter somewhere... Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Ever been to a film festival? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.