Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:31 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Animated Movie: What's Your Pick? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Worst Animated Movie: What's Your Pick?  (Read 25158 times)
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »

my vote goes to "The Return of Jafar"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »

my vote goes to "The Return of Jafar"

This movie was pretty forgetable and it looked like they put a half @ssed effort into the animation.    Come to think of it, I'd nominate about 98% of Disney's (mostly unneeded) direct to video sequels of popular films.  Although I did find the Lion King 2 1/2 witty.  Pre-Pixar Disney also gave up a lot of duds.  How about that Atlantis movie with Michael J Fox?  Or The Emporer's New Groove.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:26:28 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 11:44:44 AM »

Shark Tale... Thumbdown
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »

This movie was pretty forgetable and it looked like they put a half @ssed effort into the animation.    Come to think of it, I'd nominate about 98% of Disney's (mostly unneeded) direct to video sequels of popular films. 

Have to agree with you on that.  Most of them are not needed at all, but Disney just wants to milk some of it's more popular franchises for more money.  Like I remember seeing a few weeks ago a sequel for the Little Mermaid, and the first thing that came to mind was that Di$ney wanted more money for a movie that is quite old and the franchise that IMO is a good franchise but does not need a sequel.

ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »

The thing about those Disney movies, is the first few that came out on VHS/Laserdisc weren't bad. The original Alladin, Beauty and the Beast, Pinochio, weren't bad flicks or badly made. It's just that they gravitated from quality to quantity the moment they had enough people lured into buying anything with the name Disney attached to it, and believe me, there are more than enough people doing so that it will not change any time soon. Even with the screwed up economy, I bet their sales are still going strong, because people look at buying those as cheap babysitters for pre-school kids and kids on summer break.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 02:46:22 PM »

Shark Tale was pretty bad.  Hoodwinked came really close to grabbing the gold here.  To be honest, I can't think of too many animated films I've absolutely hated.  It's easy to spot a bad one there, and thus fairly easy to avoid them.  I haven't watched any of the unwarranted Disney sequels (although I think I caught bits and pieces of Return of Jafar, but don't remember any of it). 
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »

Have to agree with you on that.  Most of them are not needed at all, but Disney just wants to milk some of it's more popular franchises for more money. 

Reminds me of when Family Guy lampooned this.
Alladin 4: Jafar May Need Glasses

Small | Large

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »

I'd nominate about 98% of Disney's (mostly unneeded) direct to video sequels of popular films.  Although I did find the Lion King 2 1/2 witty.  Pre-Pixar Disney also gave up a lot of duds.  How about that Atlantis movie with Michael J Fox?  Or The Emporer's New Groove.

I actually like Atlantis (I loved the animation in it) & Emperor's New Groove.  I do agree with you that most direct to video sequels from Disney blow.  Though the Christmas Beauty and the Beast and Addlain 3 were ok.

People are so down on Larry the Cable Guy, it's an ok actor.  Now if we are talking about a BAD actor, why don't we give props to that kid from Rock-A-Doodle?  He blows.

As for more animated movies that are bad in general, I say A Troll in Central Park and that sequel to American Tail, Aka Feviel Goes West (Or something like that.)

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »

Doogal came out in 2006. It's about a dog that has to save the world by going on a quest for some magic diamonds. A dog was the appropriate lead for this movie, although a turkey would have fit the bill as well. Or a big steamy talking turd. It was horrible, boring and basically the distilled essence of everything that was wrong with animated movies that came out in the "animation boom" after Shrek. Thumbdown

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »

The thing about those Disney movies, is the first few that came out on VHS/Laserdisc weren't bad. The original Alladin, Beauty and the Beast, Pinochio, weren't bad flicks or badly made. It's just that they gravitated from quality to quantity the moment they had enough people lured into buying anything with the name Disney attached to it, and believe me, there are more than enough people doing so that it will not change any time soon. Even with the screwed up economy, I bet their sales are still going strong, because people look at buying those as cheap babysitters for pre-school kids and kids on summer break.
The flicks you mentioned are good.  It's the aping of the name to cash in on unnecessary sequels that people hate.  Like Lion King 4: When Animals Attack or something. 

My favorite is when Disney pulls a movie 'Out of the vault' for the last time, like Pinocchio.  They give it a "One time only, limited dvd' run at the store.  Then all dvd's get pulled off the shelves, just to make a buck.  Then, a year later, they'll 'Reopen the vault" again, giving Pinocchio a "Brand new dvd, with bonus features, interviews, never before seen scenes", etc.  Then, a year later "It's the brand new BLU-RAY DVD of Pinocchio, with all the old features, BUT IN BLU RAY", get it now.

Way to rob people of money, Disney. Bluesad

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »

As a parent of twin girls, I came to hate the LAND BEFORE TIME FRANCHISE with an all-consuming passion  Hatred. . . and the sequels kept coming and coming and coming  Buggedout. . . I used to fantasize about the entire cast being eaten by a T-Rex!! BounceGiggle

But as far as a stand-alone movie goes, I think THE ADVENTURES OF THE POLAR BEAR CUBS was the absolute worst film ever.  I get the dry heaves just thinking about that awful "Slap a Happy fish!" song!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »

Way to rob people of money, Disney.

After going to thier parks last year, I'm still bleeding from the financial rectal area. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »

Way to rob people of money, Disney.

After going to thier parks last year, I'm still bleeding from the financial rectal area. 
I've always wanted to go to their parks, just out of curiosity. 

But, at the same time, never wanted to dish out $100,000 that it apparently costs to do so.  I don't know how much it does cost, but people told me it's expensive.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 12:30:15 AM »

Heavy Metal 2000
Jim H

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 03:59:22 AM »

Heavy Metal 2000 is pretty terrible, I have to agree. 

In all honestly, the direct-to-DVD Disney films are stunning in their mediocrity.  Really, they're not terrible - just very mediocre.  Heavy Metal 2000 is the worst western animated movie I can think of right now.

I'll just toss one anime film in their, as it was an early one to get a US release - I saw it in the early 90s.  MD Geist.  I gave it a 1 out of 10.  Just have to mention it, sorry, it's one of the worst movies of ANY kind I've ever seen.  The only thing not COMPLETELY terrible about it are the opening and ending scenes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Animated Movie: What's Your Pick? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.