Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:39 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Animated Movie: What's Your Pick? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Worst Animated Movie: What's Your Pick?  (Read 25153 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:56 AM »

But, at the same time, never wanted to dish out $100,000 that it apparently costs to do so.  I don't know how much it does cost, but people told me it's expensive.

The thing about parks like that, is it sucks that they're expensive, until you go to a CHEAP park. I've been to amusement parks that cost $12 to get in, and what you get into is a park with no usable bathrooms, lines for rides that do not move at all because there are more people jumping line ahead of you than the ride has capacity for, and trash EVERYWHERE. When I am in Ohio, I always go to Cedar Point, it's ~$55 to get in, but the place in CLEAN, people don't/can't jump in line, and it's too damn expensive for people to use it as a babysitter. Kids who do get the season pass and get dropped off daily either behave or get their passes revoked when they do start being buttheads. I went to one park when I was a kid and the line ahead of me actually got LONGER because so many people were jumping, BUT, it only cost me $12 for the entire day, and, I got sick from the food.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 07:31:27 PM »

But, at the same time, never wanted to dish out $100,000 that it apparently costs to do so.  I don't know how much it does cost, but people told me it's expensive.

The thing about parks like that, is it sucks that they're expensive, until you go to a CHEAP park. I've been to amusement parks that cost $12 to get in, and what you get into is a park with no usable bathrooms, lines for rides that do not move at all because there are more people jumping line ahead of you than the ride has capacity for, and trash EVERYWHERE. When I am in Ohio, I always go to Cedar Point, it's ~$55 to get in, but the place in CLEAN, people don't/can't jump in line, and it's too damn expensive for people to use it as a babysitter. Kids who do get the season pass and get dropped off daily either behave or get their passes revoked when they do start being buttheads. I went to one park when I was a kid and the line ahead of me actually got LONGER because so many people were jumping, BUT, it only cost me $12 for the entire day, and, I got sick from the food.
That's the thing, though.  I HATE amusement parks and haven't been to them in about ten years.  Last time I went, I was about 14/15.  And the reason I hate them is the reasons you just stated.  You either pay out of your ass for a  good one, or pay cheap and have a horrible experience.  Plus, I generally hate rides.

I go to the Jersey shore for vacation, and visit their boardwalks.  If I wanna get on a ride, I don't have to pay for an all day pass.  Just go to the teller and buy the amount of tickets needed.  I have more fun playing the games and stuff anyway.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »

All right I know im going to get hate for this, but I find Ralph Bakshi films to be horribly animated. The fellow ship of the rings movie I find the worst. Cant stand the constant intercuts of cheap animation with reversed out recorded film footage which looked like you made it with a bunch of LARPS enthusiast. I think he is a very talented artist. His backgrounds are often beautiful but the animation and charectors are overly simple and cheaply done.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:40:26 AM by wyckednick » Logged

Smells like popcorn and shame
Moreau
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »

i used to love that lord of rhe rings cartoon! hobbits played by actors are kind of ridiculous, but animated ones are quite sympathetic. was aragorn supposed to be native american? anyway, that's how he'll always be in my mind's eye, viggo or no.

i tried and failed to watch the transformers animated film a couple of years ago. it was unbearable. i'm sorry, orson welles.
peter johnson

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »

Bakshi had a horrible time with "Lord of The Rings", and rushed it to completion, when, in reality, it probably never should have seen the light of day.  I had occasion to watch it again recently on VHS, and could only shake my head -- The idea of hand-painted Rotoscoping isn't inherently a bad idea -- look at Disney's "Snow White" -- but needs careful attention, and rushing it results in characters whose faces run all over the place like "House of Wax"!!

"Wizards" was his warm-up to "Rings", and "Wizards", for all its numerous flaws, is a better picture.

Before dismissing Bakshi out-of-hand, I'd say check out his flawed masterpiece "Heavy Traffic", even though you can't find the original X-Rated version anywhere these days in any format.

I gotta admit, though, Bakshi's "Rings" really does qualify to be in the "worst animated" running, if for no other reason than Boromir's eyes can't stay in the same place on his face for 2 seconds at a time!

peter johnson/denny woozy

I have no idea what this means.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »

i used to love that lord of rhe rings cartoon! hobbits played by actors are kind of ridiculous, but animated ones are quite sympathetic. was aragorn supposed to be native american? anyway, that's how he'll always be in my mind's eye, viggo or no.

i tried and failed to watch the transformers animated film a couple of years ago. it was unbearable. i'm sorry, orson welles.
For me, the highlight of Transformers: The Movie was the use of Weird Al's song "Dare to Be Stupid."

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »

I have to admit the plot in the the GI Joe annimated movie leaves a ton to be desired.  The whole idea that Cobra is based on a secret society of snake people just kind of killed my love for the cartoon. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 01:44:05 PM »

Cobra LaLaLaLaLa!!!!
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »

Good to know that the voices of Sgt Slaughter and Don Johnson could save the world..

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2009, 08:23:54 AM »

I just go an idea for another horrible movie!  As anyone seen Thumbelina before?!  That movie was bad!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »

Titanic: The Legend Goes On?

There's a name I wish I could forget.

Check this out...

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/5605-titantic-the-legend-goes-on

Anyways... I haven't seen the animated Titanic movie (Nor do I wish so), so I'll go with the next best thing......

Ferngully: The Last Rainforest

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2009, 07:50:37 AM »

Ferngully was pretty lame.  As was Rock a Doodle. 

The worst recent one, Shark Tale.  How can I explain why I don't like it.  Ever seen parody of studio executives trying to make a movie profitable.  Where they just pile on cliche and pop culture references to make things "hip".  This is a movie that was created in that fashion.

One of the worst Disney animated films, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.  There is something so wrong about turning that novel into a musical animated featue.  Yes, it's been done before-but never before did one so completely feel wrong. I made it a point to miss this one and read the book instead. (Spoiler alert: It's not a happy disney ending)

The worst one I haven't seen is an animated version of King Kong.  I know the movie existed becasue I remember seeing it in a grocery store in their DVD bin.  I am curious to know how they handled Kong getting killedg at the end.  The box art made it look like a kid-friendly movie.  and it even said it was a musical adventure. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »

The worst one I haven't seen is an animated version of King Kong.  I know the movie existed becasue I remember seeing it in a grocery store in their DVD bin.  I am curious to know how they handled Kong getting killedg at the end.  The box art made it look like a kid-friendly movie.  and it even said it was a musical adventure. 

Musical adventure?!  King Kong?!  As if Titantic: The Animated Musical wasn't bad enough!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46:51 PM »

There's bad, and there's awful. Many animated films from the smaller studios are bad mostly because of low budgets. Cool World, another of Bakshi's brainchildren, had a budget and was #$)#* painful to me. I paid to see it in a theater because I liked the idea, and what I got was a huge, steaming pile of yak crap. I liked Wizards, so I had fair hopes for Cool World, but I left the theater angry over the waste of time and money.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
KriegenGeist89
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2009, 06:05:09 AM »

M.D. Geist as well as its sequel
Small | Large
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Animated Movie: What's Your Pick? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.