Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:29:49 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disaster Movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disaster Movie?  (Read 2272 times)
flackbait
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« on: June 19, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »

There are bad movies that are enjoyable, like an old kung fu flick or Plan 9 from outer space and then there are bad movies that just make you want to drink yourself into a drunken euphoric stupor. Unfortunately from what I've heard Disater Movie it's the latter. Normally I would stay well clear of this but sense a girl I like keeps saying I gotta watch with her. She keeps saying I'd find it hilarious (I wonder if shes trying to insult my intelligence?). Before I get myself into something I can't get out of how bad is this drek of a movie?
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 03:35:21 PM »

Haven't seen it, but if it is anything like the previous films, like Epic Movie, Date Movie, or Meet the Spartans, then it is best to avoid it at all cost.  I did some research into it, most of the film parodies aren't even from disaster movies, more along the lines of action flms.  Last thing to note is that I heard it is the worst of all the Movies series.  I say it would be best to avoid it.

Oh yeah, if she forces you to watch it and you despise it, return the favor by making her watch something worse.  Then again, that may not be the best approach.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:19:12 PM »

Well, it's currently got a 1.6 rating on IMDB, which makes it the #21 lowest ranked film of all time (though that can change quickly).  Some titles of the user comments: "The fact that aspiring actors, directors, and writers can't find work while this crap is produced is absolutely appalling," "Not Humorous...in the least bit," "Awful, pure stupidity."

Maybe you should consider the invitation to watch it a dare.  Keep lots of liquor on hand in case anesthesia is required.   Drink 

My best guess is your friend assumes you'll love it because she knows you like "bad" movies and doesn't understand the difference between good/bad and bad/bad.  That, or she hates you.   Hatred 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

I hate these types of movies. My husband loves them but I refuse to watch them. He also likes van helsing so what does that tell you   Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
flackbait

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 07:18:31 AM »

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll probably end up keeping something nearby for anestics puproses as Rev put it.   Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink Drink
Although I now know why she wants to see the movie, apparently she just wants to see how bad the movie is and how long a person could last watching it. She just wants somebody else around to share the pain with. Since she knows I like "bad movies" she thought I'd enjoy it. So Rev your guess was on the money. We're supposed to watch the film tonight, wish me luck!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 08:13:59 PM »

Good luck!

I don't know if you're in a relationship, but maybe this was her way of coming on to you...  maybe you should suggest a follow up "fun" bad movie to share together. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
flackbait

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 05:46:07 AM »

Good luck!

I don't know if you're in a relationship, but maybe this was her way of coming on to you...  maybe you should suggest a follow up "fun" bad movie to share together. 
Not Yet! trying though. Karma for the advice though.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »

It's bad.
REALLY BAD!
But not in a good way.

Most of the B-movies we love are so bad they're good.  They almost are always unintentionally funny.
Not Disaster Movie.
Disaster Movie is terrible and when the jokes come around, they're painfully unfunny.  It's one of those movies I couldn't even finish and ended up shutting it off about an hour in.

Here's an excerpt from a review of one of the director's movies:
"Hacks Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg are men who have built their careers around these genre offerings from “Scary Movie” to “Epic Movie,” and these two men haven’t a single creative bone in their bodies. But judging by their self-satirical Youtube video, much of their humor or lack thereof accurately translates onto the big screen quite well. Seriously, these are the guys in High School mimicking every single popular phrase on television and calling themselves brilliant comedians for it. The problem is, they’re the only ones laughing."

Strangely, I did find parts of Meet the Spartans to be somewhat funny.   Lookingup
flackbait

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 07:03:34 PM »

Finally saw the movie with her. Damn was it bad! I'd sooner put my hand flat on a table and smash it with a hammer than see it again. I think I laughed once during the entire movie. Every joke seems forced and the actors have little to no heart.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disaster Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.